Layout changes?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just tried out the change editor mode a few minute ago on another post.

Seemed to work fine. Got the cursor back which was one of the main things I was lacking, and my automatic spell-check is now enabled. That's great since I can't spell worth chit!  It also underlines where I should use caps, which is helpful. I never actually learned to type. So it's been difficult. But enough about all that.

Have yet to try out the quote functions. That was where the biggest issues occurred.

Thanks Eric for finding this (temporary?) fix.

As our esteemed member Yak has expressed, the prior system worked just fine.

Cheers,

RR

The head admin over at the Forumotion forums has said in the one thread allowed for discussion of this new editor, that going back to the old editor "not an option."  He lists some scripts that need to be removed from code, depending upon which version the individual boards are running.  What I do not understand is why we are having to fix it.  And why a Beta version editor was forced upon us.  Jason will hopefully be back near a computer tomorrow and perhaps he can spot a quick fix.  I suspect it would take me days to figure out what I need to attempt to do, and then I might screw the board up mucking about.  Don't want that.

Emoticons are in a different location, and as I type on this iPad all characters are blurred!!! And I'm not even drinking yet. LOL but true!!
What the heck???

I talked to Huggie about all of this, it seems PM system is also wonky. Having my own computer issues at the moment, but the dumbed-down version of BoB works okay on my phone. lol

I'm still clicking on the icon to the right of the clipboard (or the nearest one to looking like one), hoping the old format will appear.

No dice.

:face:

Yak":cx4wwkmi said:
I'm still clicking on the icon to the right of the clipboard (or the nearest one to looking like one), hoping the old format will appear.

No dice.

Maybe yours is in a different place. Depending on your computer and screen layout, that particular icon might be in the third row. Hover your mouse pointer over the icons and a little pop up saying "Switch Editor Mode" should appear when you've found it.

Yak":f9scyoe9 said:
That's what I click on.

Same little box.

You probly wont see much of a change unless there's a quoted text in the text area.

Hit the quote button this post......................................................................................................................(this one^)

Then try hitting the Edit Mode button in the reply screen with my quote already there. It should switch between the new box, and the old text version.

MisterE":e3wmvyik said:
Yak":e3wmvyik said:
That's what I click on.

Same little box.

You probly wont see much of a change unless there's a quoted text in the text area.

Hit the quote button this post......................................................................................................................(this one^)

Then try hitting the Edit Mode button in the reply screen with my quote already there. It should switch between the new box, and the old text version.
Funny, quoting works fine on my phone but on the Win7 Firefox it doesn't. Heh

Ol'Dawg":p6f34ehj said:
Something is weird in this Brothers of Briar.

A new Private Message has arrived on Brothers of Briar on 6/18. This message did not come today nor yesterday and said "You have no new messages".  

Also, all my "save box" was deleted.  

Several duplicate went into http://brothersofbriar.forumotion.com/t22659-lets-remember-wc-fields

Jiim
PM messages seem to stay in the Outbox but don't migrate over to the Sent box...are these messages getting out? Doesn't look like it, since I've had no replies to my PM's....or maybe no one want to talk to me.

Nothing works the way it did. I can't post pics, do quotes, paste a link, etc. What's really weird is that a pic shows in the preview, then when I hit post, it disappears. Not at all as it once was. I ain't no techie. Screw it, I'll just stick to text for as long as it works, then disappear into the ether from whence I came.

To check I have changed my password in case someone is a jokester

Also I was able to correctly change my avatar and signature.

Jim

Just a test. I'm using the old version and it seems to work fine.

Remember to switch the editor mode and it'll work like before.