Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawker

Reaction score
I've been a big fan of Tadeusz Polinski's pipes and never see any pic's of them on the BOB so i thought i'd start a thread on them. For anyone who doesn't know of this work he's an amazing pipemaker from Poland who's attention to fit & finish is flawless. To date i only have 4 of his pieces but they all smoke like dream.
First is a Pick Axe

My Polish Poker (Pun intended)

Polinski Cone Oom Paul

And a Rock Oom Paul

Jacob the coldblooded":7iwtc4ly said:
Does he have a site? Awesome looking pipes you've got there!
Thanks.
He's got a website polinskipipes.com but the English link is limited.
I've picked up all mine thru ebay from Roman Sobczak "House of Pipe" from Warsaw Poland and he's been great to deal with. I don't know how he does it but most of my pipes have arrived in 9 days for only $10.00 shipping. Which is quite unusual for shipping to Canada as most parcel's seem to get held up at customs for a week or two.

Harlock999":4m9o4dup said:
I like that bottom Oom Paul.
Me too, it's the pipe that got me hooked on Oom Pauls/full bent pipes. Nice for working in the shop with being able to keep your hands free.

Just found him on ebay, i love his stuff! Awesome pricing too.. i'll be buying a few of those pretty soon :D! Thanks for the lead on some nice pipes

Jacob the coldblooded":35tbdjt6 said:
Just found him on ebay, i love his stuff! Awesome pricing too.. i'll be buying a few of those pretty soon :D! Thanks for the lead on some nice pipes
Prices have been down the last couple of weeks and i noticed this week that he doesn't have many unfiltered pipes.I have 2 of each and they all smoke great. Good luck & glad i could help a Brother, hopefuly the ones i don't win will go to good homes here at BOB.

On the filtered pipes, have you smoked them without filters?

Slide":dj6f8mll said:
On the filtered pipes, have you smoked them without filters?
No i haven't, did find that i prefer them with with the 9mm Savinelli Balsa filters rather than the ones they came with thou. But that's what i'm used to in all my filtered pipes. I'm sure the draw would be fine without a filter as long as you packed your pipe accordingly. They seem to list more filtered pipes for a while then go back to non filtered. Maybe being as they are from Europe the non filtered one's usually seem to be a bit cheaper.

Also noticed that the stems on the non filtered pipes seem to be of better quality than the filtered ones i have. The tendon on one of the filtered pipes is very thin.

Absolutely beautiful pipes! Nice to see something other than the normal shapes being produced too. I guess they're great smokers?

Polinski's are becoming my new favorite pipes. My first was the bent poker, which I am smoking in my avatar. I posted a picture of it below. I bid on another this week and am keeping my fingers crossed. They are hefty, solid pipes crafted with great attention to detail. Mine smokes cool and dry. Of all my pipes, it is by far my favorite to smoke. Right now they can be had for $50-$80 on ebay -- a steal in my opinion.

img_0012.jpg

PipedJimmy":k88a0ay9 said:
Absolutely beautiful pipes! Nice to see something other than the normal shapes being produced too. I guess they're great smokers?
They all smoke great. The only other pipe in my collection that comes close is my favorite, an old Pete XL02s.
About his shapes, he's always switching it up which keeps me wanting more. There have been 4-5 others i'd like to get but have been out of my price range. Maybe someday. Should be another in the mail this week, will post pic's when it arrives.

Just recieved this blasted cone Oom Paul yesterday and breaking it in with some Frog Across The Pond. Really enjoying this blend and looking forward to trying the rest of the Frog series.
Of the five Polinski's i have so far this is the first one with any cosmetic issue's. There is a very slight gap on the bottom where the shank & stem meet and the 9mm tendon is quite thin on this one compared to the other two but for $72.00 delivered i can't complain. The stem quality on the non filtered pipes seems to be a bit better. The drilling on this one is spot on as with all the others.

Really like the way these cone pipes hang, very comfortable when working hands free with alot less weight than the Rock Oom Paul model.

Very nice pipe, Hawker. I'm noticing that the price is climbing up each week on these guys. Just saw a similar one go for $180+. Looks like the cat's out of the bag :(

Pipe'n Prof":w3eel4h8 said:
Very nice pipe, Hawker. I'm noticing that the price is climbing up each week on these guys. Just saw a similar one go for $180+. Looks like the cat's out of the bag :(
If i'd payed that for a pipe with gap in the shank i would be very dissapointed. I think when a pipe gets up to around the $200 dollar mark it should be flawless or it's hard to justify not just spending less on a well built Sav or Pete.

So far i've been very pleased with what i have recieved for my money spent & will have to be patient by the looks of the way some of the bidding is going to win more. I've noticed that alot of the same identical pipes from weeks & months past are going to the same buyer. Must be re-selling them.