Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Pepes,

Their value, which I attribute entirely to low name recognition, is one of their most appealing qualities. You can typically purchase one for less than most mass produced, cookie-cutter Savinellis or Stanwells with no drop in quality -- and they are often 50% larger than those pipes. I saw two sell below $50 this week.

And no, I have no affiliation -- just love their value, aesthetic, and quality. :cheers: 

The XL Classic Autograph appeals to me except for the filter. Does he have a series of shapes and then put them on ebay as they are finished? I see there are others w/ and w/o the filters. Maybe I need to start watching the Polinskis?

I just won my first polinski! Have to wait for delivery, but the stock photos look great!

Fr_Tom":ifr8vin2 said:
The XL Classic Autograph appeals to me except for the filter. Does he have a series of shapes and then put them on ebay as they are finished? I see there are others w/ and w/o the filters. Maybe I need to start watching the Polinskis?
I can't discern a pattern. He will often produce a series of shapes for several months and suddenly replace them with something new. Some have filters, others do not. All of mine to this point have not had filters. My latest addition does. We'll see if I like it as much.

Fr_Tom":r1djra2o said:
With what i have seen in the past he makes available different shapes and styles for a while then maybe it's like an artist viewpoint were perhaps he just get's bored and moves onto something new and challenging just to mix and spice things up a bit. It's what has kept me wanting more as i keep checking his site regularly to see what is new and available. There has been a few in the past that i have not won one was a flat panel Corona that was half rusticated and the rest had an amazing birds eye pattern and the other was an partcial plateu autograph with both a 9mm & non filter stem with a tamper in a presentation box that i still keep checking 8 months later to see something similar. The flat panel went for $70.00 and the autograph went for around $250.00. As pipe funds have been drained as of late it's been a blessing i haven't seen them. I am sure if there was something specific a person wanted all it would take is to contact Roman and make a reasonable offer and he would make it happen if you didn't want wait for certain shapes and styles to come available again.

my_fir11.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f37/18/44/80/98/my_fir11.jpg

The first of my two Polinskis just arrived today! I took a gamble bidding on and winning this pipe, but how can you pass up a pipe like this that sells for $60? I had my first smoke this morning with a blend called "ambrosia" from a local Colorado tobacconist, Edward.

I should first describe how pleasant this was just to hold in my hands. I love the feel of the rock type finish, and especially love the finish of the grain. This being my very first new pipe, I was nervous about all the hype that surrounds "breaking in a new pipe." So, out of caution, I smoked about half of a bowl. I was amazed at how cool and dry this pipe smoked! Whereas all of my other estate pipes tend to get gurgly and piping hot (pun intended), the Polinski was cool, dry, smooth! And worth mentioning, this bowl is massive. It took me nearly an hour to smoke half of the bowl, and never needing a re-light.

Polinski is a master pipe craftsman, and I'm anxious for my next one to arrive. He is also a heck of a seller to communicate with. After this purchase, I immediately emailed him describing to him my dream pipe, along with my budget. He immediately contacted me back, listed this beautiful poker of my dreams, and sold it to me for my price of $90.

polins10.jpg

The name Polinski is sure to become renown.

Congrats T on a couple of nice buys smoke them in good health.
Wondering, are they 9mm filter or non filter.

Thank you! The first to arrive was a non filter and the poker will be a filter. I typically do not smoke with a filter, but I will be sure to report what the smoke is like with and without it!

Here's my Polinski...it's not here yet, playing the waiting game...

polins10.jpg

Tnagel89":igtp2w8u said:
Thank you! The first to arrive was a non filter and the poker will be a filter. I typically do not smoke with a filter, but I will be sure to report what the smoke is like with and without it!
TNagel Just wondering how you like your filtered to the non filtered Polinski.

This is my third Polinski. It's an estate pipe but very good condition. His designs have certianly evolved since this pipe was made. This one looks quite small compared to his newer pipes. And this makes my third.

desertpiper":lnycmcjs said:
This is my third Polinski. It's an estate pipe but very good condition. His designs have certianly evolved since this pipe was made. This one looks quite small compared to his newer pipes. And this makes my third.
That's a beautiful bent apple DP. Looks to be the perfect size. Although I like my larger sized Polinski's I think he would sell more pipes if he offered his shapes and styles in variety of sizes. Not everyone is into Magnum & Massive pipes. Myself I prefer pipes that can be clentched leaving your hands free to work.
I've been trying to pick up a smaller smooth bent bulldog but lately everything they have been listing is either full or parcitaly rusticated. But it does help with the PAD when they list what you don't want. Makes for a happier wife when there is not a new pipe coming in every month. "Happy Wife Happy Life".
:lol!: :lol!: 

You can put a tenon adaptor in the filtered if you prefer an unfiltered smoke.They cost about 3 dollars.

Douthitt1962":3v4c8myy said:
Love this beauty- Polinskis are a new favorite!

fswj.jpg" style="width: 400px;height: 300px
Yeah, I really like the coloring and the shape.
I just screams smoke some Escudo in me.  :D 

great looking pipe. I liked that shape so much I also bought one and it's a great smoker