Let's See Some Pictures Of Your Polinskis

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought this Polinski Massive Bent Rock on May 15th and it arrived yesterday. :cheers:

I was surprised with the size of this pipe upon arrival, it's Length = 5.51", Bowl Height = 2.16", Bowl Chamber = 0.86"
and is quite a bit bigger than my Pete XL02. I've taken a picture with it along side my Tinsky XMas & a Boswell Fishing pipe for comparison. Even with the size of this pipe it's still a clencher with the way it rests on my chin size & weight isn't a problem. The 9mm tennon is a little thicker on this pipe (which i prefer) than on my Cone and the drilling fit & finish is perfect. Put a bowl of Burlington's Sunday Afternoon Pipe thru it last night & it smoked like a dream.

With the size & comfort of this pipe (and the other two) i think i'm going to put a slight bit more bend in my Boswell Fishing/Shooting pipe to simulate the way it fits like the others

That's a beauty, Hawk. I was watching that one myself. Just love the proportions of these Polinskis.

Pipe'n Prof":znmhb02b said:
That's a beauty, Hawk. I was watching that one myself. Just love the proportions of these Polinskis.
This isn't the one that was up for bids, it went out of my price range($180.00) so i contacted him thru ebay and he had another and accepted my offer. :cheers:

Oh wow. Great idea! That shape has been going around the $150 range -- as I'm sure you know. Beautiful pipe, Hawker. Enjoy it in health.

Thought I'd post some pictures of my new Polinski, although pics just aren't going to do it justice. First of all, the size of this pipe is something to behold. Hawker stated the same thing about his latest Polinski. I posted a pic of it next to my Peterson 80s. It could literally fit 2 or 3 of those pipes in it. The rustification is gorgeous, the stem tight fitting, there are no fills, and it passes a pipe cleaner easily -- a nice wide saddle bit, too (my favorite). I spoke in an earlier post about the proportions of these pipes. They really are balanced and aesthetically pleasing -- a very masculine aesthetic. BTW, it took 9 days to arrive!
img_0111.jpg
img_0112.jpg

Nice pipe P&Prof, I agree when he lists a pipe as massive their friggin Huge. Even with the size of some of these pipes it's surprising how comfortable they still are to hold or clench. How do you like the FM On the Bayou, just wondering how it compares to the Across The Pond. About the shipping i haven't had one go over 10 days yet and most are delivered in 9 days. Will post a pic of my new Moretti when it arrives, still waiting & it's been over 5 weeks.

By the way Pipe'n Prof i was just wondering if you have tried any of the Briar pipes that Roman has been putting on his site made by B&B. I tried one of this makers cheap pear wood pipes about 6 months ago & was quite dispointed with the quality of the pipe & materials. Band was made out of tin and was poorly fitted. I see that this maker is making pipes out of briar that look to be of better quality than what he has built before that he has been listing for around 50 bucks. I wonder if this is a new apprentice ? I have one of Ryzard Fillar's pipes that was very well built and smokes great but i prefer the shapes & style of the Polinski's and would still like to get one of his autograph pipes.

Hawker":b4l7gyv5 said:
How do you like the FM On the Bayou, just wondering how it compares to the Across The Pond.
The tin that you see in the picture is just regular old Frog Morton. I haven't yet tried FM On the Bayou. I'm a big fan of the standard Frog Morton, though. It grew on me. At first I didn't like the stickiness of it (strange to me for a latakia blend). It seemed like there was definitely some casing on it. But the more I smoked, the more I began to appreciate it's mild yet interesting flavors. There's a touch of sweetness to it that isn't there in something like, say, PS Balkan Supreme, Squadron Leader, or Dunhill Nightcap.

Post some picks of your Moretti when it comes. Five weeks seems like a long time. Is that standard for them?

Hawker":qpzupqjn said:
By the way Pipe'n Prof i was just wondering if you have tried any of the Briar pipes that Roman has been putting on his site made by B&B. I tried one of this makers cheap pear wood pipes about 6 months ago & was quite dispointed with the quality of the pipe & materials. Band was made out of tin and was poorly fitted. I see that this maker is making pipes out of briar that look to be of better quality than what he has built before that he has been listing for around 50 bucks. I wonder if this is a new apprentice ? I have one of Ryzard Fillar's pipes that was very well built and smokes great but i prefer the shapes & style of the Polinski's and would still like to get one of his autograph pipes.
I have seen the B&Bs and Fillars, but haven't tried any. Like you, I really like the shapes and styles of the Polinskis. The quality of them is just icing on the cake for me, although now I've heard of two manufacturing flaws from fellow pipers. The first being the poor stem fit you experienced, the other being a significantly off-center draft hole I read about in another forum. I've experienced non of these issues, though.

Pipe'n Prof":jfn6vrjj said:
Hawker":jfn6vrjj said:

Post some picks of your Moretti when it comes. Five weeks seems like a long time. Is that standard for them?

I bought the pipe May 3rd but i told Marco to hold off a week sending it as i was bidding on another but never won it. I'm sure it's just held up at customs. If it doesn't arrive today i'll send him an email to see if he has a tracking number.

Pipe'n Prof":n8rvgh2g said:
I have seen the B&Bs and Fillars, but haven't tried any. Like you, I really like the shapes and styles of the Polinskis. The quality of them is just icing on the cake for me, although now I've heard of two manufacturing flaws from fellow pipers. The first being the poor stem fit you experienced, the other being a significantly off-center draft hole I read about in another forum. I've experienced non of these issues, though.

Hawker wrote:  I seen the video on you tube about the guy that was choked about his pipe arriving with an off set draft hole. The one thing he didn't mention which would of been the first thing to do was contact Roman to see if a replacement could of been made or money refunded if he wasn't happy with it. I'm sure Roman would of made the situation right had he gone that route. He seems like a stand up guy to deal with. With mine the one cone that has a very slight gap in it is nothing compared to another brand i have that i paid 4 times as much for and has 4 times the gap. Both pipes smoke great so i'll just keep on puffin. :D

Gravel":gt6b3sid said:
Polenskis?
As Fred said to Ginger:

You like to-may-toes and I like to-mah-toes
Polenskis <> Polinskis
Lets call the whole thing off.

Sometimes spell check is a friend other times it is a trap.  Lets not even think about auto complete.

Pipe'n Prof":kqvhov59 said:
Thought I'd post some pictures of my new Polinski, although pics just aren't going to do it justice. First of all, the size of this pipe is something to behold. Hawker stated the same thing about his latest Polinski. I posted a pic of it next to my Peterson 80s. It could literally fit 2 or 3 of those pipes in it. The rustification is gorgeous, the stem tight fitting, there are no fills, and it passes a pipe cleaner easily -- a nice wide saddle bit, too (my favorite). I spoke in an earlier post about the proportions of these pipes. They really are balanced and aesthetically pleasing -- a very masculine aesthetic. BTW, it took 9 days to arrive!

Hawker wrote: Wow Pipe'n Prof, I just checked may ebay watch list and realized this is the pipe i missed the final bidding on. You got a great deal, Congrats.

img_0111.jpg
img_0112.jpg

Hawker":bi7sk41z said:
Pipe'n Prof":bi7sk41z said:

Hawker wrote: Wow Pipe'n Prof, I just checked may ebay watch list and realized this is the pipe i missed the final bidding on. You got a great deal, Congrats.

Thanks, Hawker. I hate seeing that I outbid a brother, but I couldn't be happier with the pipe. I was really surprised I got it for that price, too. I have smoked it three times and it hasn't disappointed. I promised myself no more pipes for the next month, so you won't have competition from me for a while ;)

img_0111.jpg
img_0112.jpg

So, I did something new today: I purchased a pipe identical to one I already own in a different color. I've been so impressed by my last Polinski purchase that I couldn't resist. Sometimes you just find a shape that feels perfect for you. I think I'm going to dedicate this one exclusively to VAs while my other will remain a latakia pipe. Here's the pics from ebay. Usually takes 10 days to arrive from Poland. Can't wait.
t2ec1610.jpg

kgrhqr10.jpg

Congrats on a nice pipe. I had this one in my watch list but didn't have the funds to pull the trigger. Glad it went to a brother. Enjoy.