Making my First Pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kyle Weiss":k7d27ofi said:
...it's takin' him long enough... :p

:lol:

<------- (impatient)

8)
:lol!: You don't know the half of it. I did a lot of the shaping over a year ago!

I'm at 82 hours right now and I expect to have 85 total put into the pipe by the time it's done. Probably less. For my next pipe, I'm hoping to at least cut that time in half.

UberHuberMan":vf8chigx said:
:lol!: You don't know the half of it. I did a lot of the shaping over a year ago!

I'm at 82 hours right now and I expect to have 85 total put into the pipe by the time it's done. Probably less. For my next pipe, I'm hoping to at least cut that time in half.
Geez, man, if you sell it, that's going to be about $2.00 per hour. :p Someone needs a good production manager. Heheheheh

8)

When you get that puppy polished up it's gonna just SING !! Now that you have the prototype done, contact some folks over in Asia and I'm sure you can get 'em replicated for around $10.00 ea and sell 'em to wally-World for $25.00 ea and they can sell 'em to us at $99.99 ea :p Your wife will let you smoke ANYTHING you want in the house then :p
DAMN,DAMN NICE work guy. Let us see it when all done for sure and tell us all about it's virgin smoke :p

UberHuberMan":p0coic44 said:
:lol!: Thanks guys!

Kyle, I'll have my people call your people. ;)
10-4. My stock in sweatshops and whips just went up 8% :lol:

UHM - NICE looking pipe!

So... When can we commission you? I want one!

szyzk":wo7fvq3m said:
UHM - NICE looking pipe!

So... When can we commission you? I want one!
Wow. That's an exciting offer! Seriously, I'm honored that you even mentioned this.

Since this is only my first, I really wouldn't feel comfortable letting it out into the world. There are just too many details that need to be ironed out and too many perceptible mistakes (when you can see the pipe in person, they're apparent) that I've made that I haven't yet learned how to fix. That will come with practice, but as of right now, no commissions. :p

Once I feel comfortable enough with the overall quality of the work that I'm creating, I'll make some sort of announcement about pipes being for sale. I really enjoyed this process and have ordered some more wood, so I expect I'll continue creating. Honestly, I wouldn't expect to start accepting any offers like this for probably another year at least, but we'll see what happens. :p

I'm very honored and delighted by the amount of positive response that this pipe has garnered. I've started conversing with some pros and now I'm learning a lot about what I didn't realize I didn't know. Which is really exciting! Hopefully I'll be able to improve a lot with the help of these generous folks. What an exciting new journey to enter into! :D

Thanks for all the support! Especially Kyle. Thanks for enabling me! ;)

UberHuberMan":rb7gxhra said:
We're just being nice. You've seen the rough-hewn crap I've spat out in six hours, the folks cheered. Then you come along and make your pipe and suddenly I'm Graboweiss drug-store. :lol: :lol!:

Kyle Weiss":73y6azpd said:
UberHuberMan":73y6azpd said:
We're just being nice. You've seen the rough-hewn crap I've spat out in six hours, the folks cheered. Then you come along and make your pipe and suddenly I'm Graboweiss drug-store. :lol: :lol!:
Seriously though, I bet if you spent 80+ hours on a pipe it'd turn out beautiful. Damn! That reminds me: I keep forgetting to look for that UPS receipt. I'll try to remember to rummage this evening and let you know.

Note: Edited for rudeness. :p

UberHuberMan":lc82gd6s said:
Seriously though, I bet if you spent 80+ hours on a pipe it'd turn out beautiful.
So much for humbled. :lol:

I'm never going to spend 80 hours on a pipe--I wouldn't know how... 8) If people don't like my crap, well, after all, it's my crap. :lol:

Better hit up that UPS receipt before 30 days of date shown, or they may tell you to go pound sand. :(

Kyle Weiss":msx7mel9 said:
UberHuberMan":msx7mel9 said:
Seriously though, I bet if you spent 80+ hours on a pipe it'd turn out beautiful.
So much for humbled. :lol:

I'm never going to spend 80 hours on a pipe--I wouldn't know how... 8) If people don't like my crap, well, after all, it's my crap. :lol:

Better hit up that UPS receipt before 30 days of date shown, or they may tell you to go pound sand. :(
Yikes! I hope it hasn't passed that yet! I'll be sure to look tonight. Sorry I've been so lackadaisical about looking. :p

UberHuberMan":itg4zk6q said:
Yikes! I hope it hasn't passed that yet! I'll be sure to look tonight. Sorry I've been so lackadaisical about looking. :p
Bah, I ain't out nothin'--it's more for your sake than anything. Your generosity couldn't trump bad luck with Brown and our friendly gov'mint. Since I hate both for various reasons, it's them "winning" by getting away with being inept that spurs my ire a smidge. :lol:

A few days ago, I sent a message to Carolyn Perea to share this pipe which came from her wood stock. She responded immediately and we started talking. During our conversation, I learned that the batch of briar that my first pipe came from was not sold out as the website says, but had been removed from sale on the website for some reason. She had 29 blocks left and I bought them all at a very reasonable price. Check it out!

briar_10.jpg

I guess I have to make more pipes now! :p

UberHuberMan":04368jf7 said:
A few days ago, I sent a message to Carolyn Perea to share this pipe which came from her wood stock. She responded immediately and we started talking. During our conversation, I learned that the batch of briar that my first pipe came from was not sold out as the website says, but had been removed from sale on the website for some reason. She had 29 blocks left and I bought them all at a very reasonable price. Check it out!

briar_10.jpg

I guess I have to make more pipes now! :p
Can't wait to see your next creation David! :cheers: