Manhood

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LIPIPE...Good morning to you as well !!! I hope that you realize that "gravitas" means a person of substance, seriousness and weightiness, and that weightiness probably means both in mind and in body !!!!!!! At least it does for me !!!!

Nero, my friend, I have had the personal pleasure of meeting Airborne. He and I have become very close friends. You I and he are farts and proud of it. A little belly fat keeps us warm and loveable. It's good gravitas. Wish you could join John and me in person. Three beards, pipes, gravitas and wisdom. We earned our place in this life and now is time to enjoy it and each other.

LIPIPE / AIRBORNE....WE NEED TO MEET UP SOMETIME!! I WILL BE AT THE WEST COAST PIPE SHOW IN LAS VEGAS ON 05 AND 06 NOVEMBER....EITHER OF YOU GOING???

Nero: Sorry I won't be able to make that. Would definitely like to meet up though. So far no "out west" plans for this Eastern Long Islander.

NeroWolfe":zc01knhq said:
LIPIPE / AIRBORNE....WE NEED TO MEET UP SOMETIME!! I WILL BE AT THE WEST COAST PIPE SHOW IN LAS VEGAS ON 05 AND 06 NOVEMBER....EITHER OF YOU GOING???
Boy, would I love to go. I have never been to a pipe show but the idea is very tempting. Maybe too tempting! Think of the great time we’d have! Nero Wolfe, LIPIPE & Airborne! Bearded, piped and ready to tear up the trails! Great combination! However, I’m still financially recuperating from two overseas trips this year and savings for one next year. I’m afraid the west coast is not on the cards at this time, but who knows what the future has in store? Marty and I are close enough to each other that if a northeast trip is ever on the horizon for you, Nero, give us a shout and we’ll make it work. I speak for myself, but I think Marty would agree with me.

LIPIPE":ikww89t9 said:
Nero and Airborne: Mature with gravitas we are. Good Morning to you both my brothers!
And to you, gentlemen, as well, even though it's afternoon here now! Jeez . . . where does the time go?

Wrong comment and a bad thought. You are a man who is allowing your wife to decide how you should live in your own body. If you really would like to try a beard you might just express your desire with a little manly smile and good advice about acceptance of partners in a marriage without attempting to change them. Let the beard grow in and have a barber style it for you. You might just become an even more handsome man.

As I get older, I swear I think someone is slipping something in my food and fertilizing my eyebrows!

I'm as equally puzzled by the hair that is sprouting from my ears! Experts on manhood please explain this to me and will be greatly appreciated.

The guy I work with who is an expert on almost any subject, drew a blank on this one!

Plus, if you think you can remedy the situation quickly with a pair of needle nose pliars, be prepared to wind up on the floor in the fetal position!

Otherwise, my mustache and goatee are low maintenance.

Dutch: It is an unfortunate truism in life that as a man ages, the hair on top of his head stops grwing, the beard grows faster and greyer, and enormous amounts of additional hair start growing from one's nose, ears, anus and crotch!!! Get over it !! LOL !!

LIPIPE":cz8vob78 said:
Wrong comment and a bad thought. You are a man who is allowing your wife to decide how you should live in your own body. If you really would like to try a beard you might just express your desire with a little manly smile and good advice about acceptance of partners in a marriage without attempting to change them. Let the beard grow in and have a barber style it for you. You might just become an even more handsome man.
Many years ago, I sacrificed my beard temporarily, resulting in my wife (girlfriend then) begging me to do something. I'm either blessed or cursed by the ability to go from clean shaven to a brillo pad in a matter of hours. I was tearing her up--everywhere. Maybe if you didn't lean so close to the razor, you could convince her that some beard on your face would be easier on her hide. Since the two of you lack experience with a true beard, if you let it grow, its abrasive qualities all but vanish, and I'm betting she will never let you cut it off. Just remember to keep it clean and groomed. Plus, it does make a difference with smoking a pipe, as you may discover.

Lesath: You are most certainly a man who knows something about beards and pipes. I believe it is a mark of independence and true manhood to express both in a respectful way especially when wives are concerned. I guess it takes a bit of courage to walk the "Marlboro Road" so to speak in a world of conformity. Bearded pipe smokers are somewhat rare today, yet, we are great guys to know and to love. I might take the liberty to add that both a beard along with a pipe are both attractive and that younger brother pipe smokers might all consider taking the plunge and trying one out. Let the stubble grow and acquire the handsome endowment that your testosterone affords.

Thank you very much LIPIPE for your kind comments. I decided to flip my avatar for the weekend so I can display those fine grey whiskers that I have earned upon the road of life. Sadly, at the time I did not have a pipe in hand, though my favorite four are sitting in a brass chalice to my right. From the viewpoint of the camera, to its left out of view is the promised land; about 15-20 pounds of Latakia blends including Penzance, Commonwealth Mixture, Quiet Nights, McClelland 5110, Nightcap, and others. If ever you are in need and lost in the Missouri Ozarks, the contents of the cabinet are at your disposal.

You are welcome my friend. If I'm ever lost high up in the Ozarks I will certainly hope I can find my way to your doorstop for a pipe smoker's delight. It is important to have friends in high places. Smoke well Lesath!

Time to get this thread back on the road again. I just finished exercising on some basement workout equipment. I'm home alone, attired in birthday suit and boxers and enjoying a cigar and a Heineken. Naturally my "T" levels are spiking now and I'm playing some pocket pool and feeling the wood. Manhood is glorious isn't it? Nothing beats "informal" attire for a comfortable smoke in the lion's den.

You bet brother. Also listening to some great trumpet music on Pandora. How have you and your little man been?

I find the best part of having a longer beard and smoking a pipe is when I get in the shower. The hot water and steam release all those wonderful smells for just a moment. For that 3-5 seconds, it's like someone else is lighting up in the room, and you get a very pure sense of the smells of your own tobacco choice. Latakia smells particularly wonderful in that moment.

I trim to stubble every 6-8 weeks and start the process again.

Zeno: Yes, I too experience that great man aroma for several seconds. I don't however, trim my beard to stubble. I keep it the way you see me in my avatar. I also enjoy a bowl of Penzance before going to bed each night. I always cup my hand over my nose and mouth for a minute or so. I enjoy falling asleep to the toasty aroma of penzance in my mustache and beard. Manhood.......it's great!