March Madness - BoB Bombing Mission #12

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackhorse":kdzsxyov said:
OK. I got mine. Took my daughter over to Uwajamia's (huge destination type Asian grocery & deli) and they had about 600 Asian hot sauces from which to pick. I went with the one that's on the table of nearly every Vietnamese and Thai restaurant I've ever been in.

''Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce''

There's a lot more flavor than there is heat...just the way I like em.

I go through a bottle of Sriracha about every two to three weeks. It seriously makes everything better.

Sriracha's some dang good stuff.
I have a rule about bbq sauce: I never buy it. I always make my own, and I'm not talking about mixing ketchup and grape jelly either. Making a proper sauce requires the use of a stove.

The sauce for this bombing will tentatively be called "Halo 4".

Usually used side by side with a small saucer of putrified fish gut sauce (Nook Mam) which is made by encasing some carp in a large ceramic crock, burying it in the ground and letting it rot til it's a liquid. Then it's filtered and ends up a light golden color. A few condimental veggies are added (but nowhere near the level of Kim Chi) and it's ready.

Anyway, you really aren't doing pho with spring rolls (or better...salad rolls) unless you've got the deadly duo of sriracha and nook mam on the table.

zqb-23359b_1z.jpg

we used to call it "cock sauce" becuase we couldn't pronouce it in our profound american whiteness and the phrase made us giggle. the thing is the waiters at the pho place knew what we meant! love that stuff.

We've got one of those little specialty shops nearby that has about 6 billion different hot sauces, bbq sauces, marinades, etc. Every time I walk in there I'm hit with a combination of euphoria and bewilderment. I'll pop in this weekend and grab something fun.

As all of you must know by now, orders have been sent to all pilots on the active roster.

PLEASE - no need to let me know via PM that you have received orders. I can easily tell that by opening my "OUT" box and seeing whose are gone...or the "SENT" box to see whose are there. Simple.

Thanks, by the way, for all the positive feedback re: the Sriracha. Kind of vindicates me with my family, who are a bunch of tender mouthed complainers. lol

BTW: it was on sale at Uwajamia's of $2.19 for the 28 oz. squeeze bottle. Not bad.

I didn't know they had a cookbook! But then, everybody does I guess.

PS: If the 'click to look inside' thing doesn't work at first, keep on clicking on it. 8)

51%2BUBGNqABL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Blackhorse":e52tyyz9 said:
PLEASE - no need to let me know via PM that you have received orders. I can easily tell that by opening my "OUT" box and seeing whose are gone...or the "SENT" box to see whose are there. Simple.
poop

Sorry!