May Bombing Mission - YES, you May!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there some kind of curse attached to stepping down?

Checked on my Pkg to target...all it says is accepted at sort facility...the 29th...no further notations except that delivery is expected today. Yeah, right.

Two other boxes mailed out the same day have a long string of notes, one is out for delivery and the other was sent Parcel Post...way to the East Coast, and delivery on that one is set for the 5th.

Either they'll pop the whole string of notes in at once, along with notice it was delivered...or I'm toast.

As you can see I was greeted by a bit of mail mayhem when I got home today. Apparently I had this coming, and here all along I truly thought that I was laying relatively low. I mean I didn't exactly show up at the former Commander's abode with a nuke strapped to my chest or anything! :p

All I can say from the bottom of my heart is "Thank You." Some of you may have read that I lost my mother last week. Whether by sheer coincidence or some cosmic design I am unsure, but this showing of generosity has greatly lifted my spirits. :cheers:

Stay tuned for some detailed damage.... :D :twisted: :twisted:

Okay you rubber-neckers, you wanted carnage so here it is -

An absolutely awesome/amazing array of Tins

McClelland - Bombay Court
Sam Gawith - Skiff Mixture
Esoterica - And So To Bed
Erimore - Mixture
Rattray's - Marlin Flake
GLP - Haddo's Delight (2000)
GLP - Haddo's Delight
GLP - Union Square
GLP - Triple Play
Balkan Sanieni
Peterson - 3P's Perfect Plug
Orlik Golden Sliced
A very well aged tin of Holy Grail, I mean A. Garfinkel Inc. - Orient Express Special Mixture No. 11. (Are you kidding me? :shock:)

Some really stellar bulks

Sam Gawith - FVF 250g
John Patton - Dark Horse
Rich's - Rainy Days and Mondays
Cousin's Cigar Blend 1000
Gawith Hoggarth - Best Brown #2
Sam Gawith - 1792 Flake

A couple sweet pipes
MM Straight Great Dane Egg
Pipe Pub straight Meerschaum Lined Pot. A very nice pocket pipe.

Accessories (you can never have enough)
2 sets of Long's soft cleaners
1 set of Long's bristle cleaners

Sweets
I cheated a little and opened a box that came yesterday, and good thing I did. Enclosed was 2 gallon ziplocks full of some of the most amazingly delicious homemade chocolate chip cookies I have had in a long time. I shared them at work today and they were loved by all. They were a little beat up in transit, but I am not kidding you when I say these were nothing short of stellar. Now If only I can get my hands on the recipe. :D

Many, Many Thanks, D&B

Woohoo I see my bomb amongst the carnage. Awesome brothers and congrats.

WooHoo! on target this month. I was sure that Ian had established a new era in warfare and that DB would have already moved his entire household to an undisclosed location to avoid the carnage. I know I have :D

Congrats on the fine haul, DB.

Still nada posted on the tracking site re my ordinance.

Does that mean it's a stealth delivery...
like a cruise missile...
over the river and through the woods...
and under the radar...

KA-BOOM !!!

Ok, I promised to post pictures of the devastation and here they are:

b_154928.jpg

The whole devastation.

b_154833.jpg

b_155121.jpg

I don't smoke cigars much, but these look delicious. I hope you didn't start something...

b_155113.jpg

b_155057.jpg

This next shot contains a mystery tobacco that is excellent. I wish I knew what it is... :D

b_155038.jpg

A nice old Italian Volcano and a Missouri Meerschaum Hard Wood!
Also a nice chunk of Briar that I can turn into a pipe.

b_155022.jpg

This next one is incomplete. I got a sampling of treats from Alaska, but I already ate the smoked salmon jerkey (yum!) and my wife claimed the chocolates made from wild Alaskan berries!

b_154900.jpg

Thanks to all for your generosity! I am humbled that you thought I was deserving of such an honor.

Todd

I was right. Within about 5 minutes this a.m. I got 4 emails from the USPS letting me know that one more step toward the target had been accomplished...until the last one said it was Out For Delivery.

So head for the bunker..er, "target" person! If you still have one that is!

images