May Flowers, May Bombs... One Blooms, One Booms!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Latest news from Ops...

Dinger, one the WOps, burst into the mess frantically waving a small slip of paper and in his excited state tripped over Gerty the Sqn's mascot; a particularly grumpy rooster with one eye.  Still half asleep, Trigger briefly raised his head before letting out a sigh, rolling on his side and drifting back off to sleep.  

All heads were turned now, expectantly waiting for Dinger to break the news.

'Well, come on man, out with it!'

Dinger composed himself and straightened.  'Morse signal received at 2014 Zulu... "Ham and eggs".  The kite is now state side and is entering manoeuvres to confuse the target'.  

:affraid:

Confusion at launch central today. The intel caused me to scuttle today's launch plans as the bird would have dropped preliminarily. Re-scheduled for the morrow when the all clear flags are flown.

Cheers,

RR

Pilots,

Please remember to send all tracking codes or confirmation to Command! I have to keep and eye on all of you hooligans!

(And I made space in my messages...)

Have loaded the Fokker with munitions of shock and awe and awaiting flight clearance on the runway. Will advise once in the air.

Cheers

Tim

I’m locked and loaded. Going through final flight prep. At this time, still expecting a dawn launch.

The craft selected has loads of dials, meters, gauges and the like...no computer systems...so pre-flight takes a long time...especially getting the boiler up to the right pressure.

kaitlyn3837":j56z4fh1 said:
Pilots,

Please remember to send all tracking codes or confirmation to Command! I have to keep and eye on all of you hooligans!

(And I made space in my messages...)
Sent!

We are airborne and intel is currently being transmitted to HQ. My ride might not be as impressive as Blackhorse's, but she gets the job done:

d85b36af7c666072f43b2d3c56dbcc47.jpg

Mayday! Mayday! Returning to base following release of payload and spied two ominous smoking craters smack in the center of the runway. Opted not to land and initiated evasive maneuvers. Hoping this is just some sort of diversionary strike by agents unknown and not a precursor to a full-on assault, but rather than risk being caught with my bag around my ankles I'm going to put down in a field far from HQ and wait it out. Initiating radio silence through the Target Date, as I have reason to believe I am either the victim of a disinformation campaign or my communications have been compromised. (Also, tomorrow I'm going to the beach!)

Will resume communications when I attempt a return to base Friday...and if I don't make it, avenge me.

GrampaGrossbart":oo3bkr61 said:
Mayday! Mayday! Returning to base following release of payload and spied two ominous smoking craters smack in the center of the runway. Opted not to land and initiated evasive maneuvers. Hoping this is just some sort of diversionary strike by agents unknown and not a precursor to a full-on assault, but rather than risk being caught with my bag around my ankles I'm going to put down in a field far from HQ and wait it out. Initiating radio silence through the Target Date, as I have reason to believe I am either the victim of a disinformation campaign or my communications have been compromised. (Also, tomorrow I'm going to the beach!)

Will resume communications when I attempt a return to base Friday...and if I don't make it, avenge me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uSTOHa4Im4

Blackhorse":oymvohl0 said:
Oh FINE!  Now you guys have gone and mucked up USPS’s tracking system. Way to GO.
They seem to be up again.

Ordinance seems to have hit the target according to intel. Waiting for a damage report now and a confirmation...

Dinger reports that he received 'Hot Dog' a little after 0130 last night. Direct hit!