McCleland 2015 - Intro to VaPers

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lately, I've been getting hints of good quality bitter dark chocolate from 2015. Anyone else notice this? It happens most often in the middle of the bowl.

Sometimes I can smell the "Ketchup" aka, Malt Vinegar, aka Acetic, (someone...somewhere said McClelland uses vinegar to keep the mold off the tobacco instead of some chemical stew...don't know if that's true) in MCC's. I like a lot of McC's tobacco's. Red Carpet is my all day. I've NEVER tasted that in the smoke. McC's that are barley or cavendish might have that same 'ketchup' smell. It seems to be a characteristic of McC.

I do like many McC tobacco's. Deep Hollow is good, so is Dark Star.

Thx,
Tak

jhuggett":8gux85pu said:
You aren't crazy, that's the famous McClelland's smell. Ketchup or vinegar is how it's often described. It bothers me as well.

VaPer's from other companies don't have it. I would suggest Escudo, Long Golden Flake or some of the various blends from C&D or G.L. Pease.
+1

You've probably found out by now that if you buy a vaper made/sold by anyone other than McClelland it will not have that infamous smell, which in my opinion does not make it into the smoke.

Two VA/Pers I can highly recommend that have no ketchup or vinegar smell are Peretti's Park Square and Pipes and Cigars Hearth and Home Anniversary Kake.

Smokey