Monsieur Weiss

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

221Anonymous

Reaction score
Monsieur Weiss,
It is with great regard that I hold your investigative prowess. Like others have pointed out you will find it a waste of your precious time to try and trace the IP address of this computer, I have in fact used a proxy to cover my tracks. You have stumbled across the gold ring I dropped at the crime scene and I will return for it. You are correct that "Rache" is a ruse meant to lead you astray. I am not the butler, nor am I the taxi driver easily handcuffed while assisting you in closing your luggage. A game you have requested and although your insinuations nearly pinpoint one person, I in fact am left to my devices unscathed. Herr Rob_in_mo is my unbeknownst "Rache", but alas his acorn pipe was not of my doing but instead the inspiration of my miscreant activities. Bombings yes, until your most recent apocalyptic delivery, which by all accounts should have taken you back to month one of the BoB bomber missions, again "Rache" but my candle burned out more rapidly than I had planned. A small case with two pills left inside, but you cannot take (smoke) them yourself so they are left to the senile dog on it's last leg (porch).
Monsieur Weiss as we continue this proverbial tryst I beg you keep in mind my damage can be ten-fold what it has been. This dance between you and I has just begun, and when this dance concludes you will be as clueless to my identity as you are at this juncture. For now I slink back in to the Shadows and although Inspector Holmes and Doctor Watson may find it offensive I prefer this day forth to be referred to as "The Shadow". No investigator, even of Holmes prowess will uncover my identity. No criminal (active BoB member) shall go unscathed. The Shadow Knows.
Adieu
The Shadow

youtube.com/watch?v=uMlRpN8ANrU
youtube.com/watch?v=T3No8Oy3438&feature=related

Now Kyle has an alter-ego to play with ! :twisted: Interesting how 221 Anonymous popped up to reply AFTER he went on about how HE was going to FIND him :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

monbla256":hmq3nkkq said:
Now Kyle has an alter-ego to play with ! :twisted: Interesting how 221 Anonymous popped up to reply AFTER he went on about how HE was going to FIND him :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Brilliant! I didn't look at it this way earlier, Monbla. :twisted:

Kyle and his other personality can go at it all day. Hope he doesn't turn out like Norman Bates... :shock:

Dear Shadow:

Let's keep this clean, Shadow. I don't want anyone else hurt, see? The boys here, they're off on Squadron missions all the time, they can't handle the likes of you pesterin' them and causing them undue grief every time they go out to the mailbox. They want justice, dammit!

You think you have your game all figured out, eh? We'll see about that. I have friends too, ya know...good ones, too.

Every thing you touch is a clue, just remember that, Shadow.

8)

Sorry to interrupt, but can someone please fill me in on this Rache, ring, butler, and pill stuff please? I just googled and now I need to buy "The Shadow" it had Alec Bladwin!!! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111143/
Storyline
Based on the 1930's pulp fiction and radio drama series, the film pits the hero against his arch enemy, Shiwan Khan, who plans to take over the world by holding a city ransom using an atom bomb. Using his powers of invisibility and "The power to cloud men's minds", the Shadow comes blazing to the city's rescue with explosive results.

Sounds awesome, but I still don't get the Rache stuff?

Simple Man":ofqd64qu said:
I think this is some kind of Shadow/Sherlock hybrid. :lol:

Added: Rache means revenge.
That'd be why I don't get it, thanks Simple Man.

kaiser83":fz1se02m said:
Simple Man":fz1se02m said:

More specifically it is the German for revenge. It shows up in Holmes (most recently rather nicely in "A Study In Pink" the first episode of BBC's Sherlock season 1)

.... this is most intriguing 8)

This forum just keeps getting better and better.

kieveryuu":goncodj2 said:
kaiser83":goncodj2 said:
Simple Man":goncodj2 said:

More specifically it is the German for revenge. It shows up in Holmes (most recently rather nicely in "A Study In Pink" the first episode of BBC's Sherlock season 1)

It actually is in the first Holmes story Doyle wrote: "A Study in Scarlet" Strange to hear from folks who haven't READ the stories, only seen 'em on the tube :p

monbla256":eq2ib9rt said:
kieveryuu":eq2ib9rt said:
kaiser83":eq2ib9rt said:
Simple Man":eq2ib9rt said:

It actually is in the first Holmes story Doyle wrote: "A Study in Scarlet" Strange to hear from folks who haven't READ the stories, only seen 'em on the tube :p
I've read them all... time and time again. I just didn't feel the need to expound or correct. :lol:

No prob. It's just recently there seems to be a generation of folks who know of Holmes ONLY from the tube ! Sadly they miss out on a lot of the intricacies of plot that Doyle wrote :p

Simple Man":pr0z8idg said:
monbla256":pr0z8idg said:
kieveryuu":pr0z8idg said:
kaiser83":pr0z8idg said:
Simple Man":pr0z8idg said:

I've read them all... time and time again. I just didn't feel the need to expound or correct. :lol:

I likewise have read them all. Though I do like the Sir. Rathbone's portrayal. Have even listened to all of his radio play performances (and read the un-produced scripts they collected into a book). That is why I enjoyed the play on "A Study In Scarlet" by way of "A Study In Pink". I am sure it is good if you have not read the books - but all the better for having enjoyed them. 8) As you say Monbla - those who have not read do sadly miss out on a lot.

i.keenum, the BBC series does a very nice job of translating the Holmes mythos into modern London. Worth checking out.

I have the books here, just have not taken the time to read them yet. I will get on it Monbla, I'd hate to be the disappointment of generation for you. I've just been too busy with the Kardashians.

Kidding about that last part of course, watching that crap or Jersey Morons would make me gouge my eyes out.