Monsieur Weiss

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless I get on the computer at 3AM and post, mail out JR bombs unwittingly, but with my pocketbook and decided lack of transactions in a pretty dry bank account, unless I'm doing something very illegal in my sleeping hours, no. If cops arrest me for credit card fraud soon, I'll be sure to pass a note along to someone here. :lol:

Kyle Weiss":0ccjnmfw said:
This is a tricky individual. I only suspect they may try to bomb themselves to avoid detection, kind of like the robber setting up his own place of residence with a "break in" report to blend in. This person is likely a "showy" kind, not shy in the least.

8)
I agree with puros_bran that's an interesting twist you have presented. But I would think with (at the time of this comment) 2691 registered members The Shadow really has nothing to gain by bombing himself.

Question... does anyone have knowledge as to how The Shadow packages his bombings? Are they all the same? Obviously no return address, but does anyone know if the postmarks match...? Anything? *ponders*

-EDIT- Nevermind, I went back and read older Shadow posts and... yeah. I'm slow. :lol:

Kyle Weiss":lnleddc9 said:
This is a tricky individual. I only suspect they may try to bomb themselves to avoid detection, kind of like the robber setting up his own place of residence with a "break in" report to blend in. This person is likely a "showy" kind, not shy in the least.

8)
Perhaps a Moderator of the Forum, even.

Oy, do the notes from the bombing look like the same handwriting. I think the anonymous bombees should post pictures of the notes or be charged with withholding evidence. :D

Buckshot":0qb01zag said:
Kyle Weiss":0qb01zag said:

8)
Perhaps a Moderator of the Forum, even.
Why, I never.. WHAT!

No.. not possible.. You must remember.. I KNOW who the Shadow is. And it isn't me.. As I told Inspector Gadget, Theres very few of you crackerheads I like, much less like enough to order from JR cigars for...

The Annony Shadow person.. smokingpipes.com is cheaper all around.... just sayin.

Nothing to gain by bombing himself, you say? Yes, that's correct: but a "bomb" could be easily put together by showing a picture of two tobacco tins and a package of pipe cleaners. What might be missing is a note of JR Cigars branded variety...but even that can be manipulated in pictures, digitally or just made so you think it's legit.

The key would be the handwriting...consistent with the JR representative, or perhaps a little off?

I'm pretty sure PB is off the suspect list. Then again, he's smarter than he lets on...

detective.gif

Ok, am back after 36 hours away.

Firstly, This thread is great.

Secondly, iKeenum, Dr. Who is a great series. Sherlock is a three episodes a season (of which only two have aired so far) with a great ark linking the three episodes and then again the season. The episodes are an hour and a half as compared to the good Dr. that has three or four times as many episodes in a season, is only an hour long and as many more special effects. Both very enjoyable series and each have their qualities. The strong point for Sherlock is that it is so tightly written and plays very well with the canonical body of work. Very much worth your time to watch if you are in any way a fan of sharp, fun, layered and well written tv with interesting directing. *I am a fan of the show, as well of the Dr.*

Thirdly, BH, Brett is a brilliant actor and his Holmes stands as a standard, if not the gold standard for the methodical, aloof, and brooding Holmes. Absolutely amazing and have I turned to his Holmes many times for the great story work. Sir Rathbone is just the guy I think of when reading the stories - he really looks like the original drawings.

Well...except that 'the drawings' have been done over a long period and by numerous artists. Even the early ones were done by half a dozen different illustrators.

Here's a link to some of the more well known:

http://ignisart.com/camdenhouse/gallery/index.html

And...if anyone wants most of the Holmes stories for free:

http://ignisart.com/camdenhouse/canon/

I know this to be an official site, as I'm right there, watching over things. (upper left corner)

Blackhorse":x3b8u59i said:
Well...except that 'the drawings' have been done over a long period and by numerous artists. Even the early ones were done by half a dozen different illustrators.

Here's a link to some of the more well known:

http://ignisart.com/camdenhouse/gallery/index.html
It is always fascinating to see the way different artists interpret the textual material.

Blackhorse":x3b8u59i said:
And...if anyone wants most of the Holmes stories for free:

http://ignisart.com/camdenhouse/canon/

I know this to be an official site, as I'm right there, watching over things. (upper left corner)
A neat resource, thank you for sharing.

I just got caught up on these "anonymous" threads. Looks like I missed some fun while I was away.

There's one thing I seem to have missed, though. At some point did we all agree to pretend we didn't know who this was? I can't be the only one paying attention to the details. Wait. Is this for Kyle's benefit? Too encourage him or something? Like playing hide-and-seek with a four-year-old, we're all pretending not to see him behind the fire hydrant? Ok, I can play along, but I have in my possession an artist's rendition of this culprit, and will post it on this thread at midnight, Eastern time if no one stops me. :twisted:

Ouch! Joke's on me! :D It was just a fun game I tried to stir up to entertain myself and others, but my real adversary was my own idiocy. :lol:

In any case, and in all seriousness, I know who The Shadow is, and I get the hint now, I'll back off. Sorry folks. Better late than never. Just here to hang out, not be the cool guy, funny guy, quasi-mod or anything. I'm a freak, c'est la vie.

8)

Wait, I want in on this. I am pretty sure I know who the Shadow is, or at least the Red Menace, but not completely sure.

Now I think Kyle's an accomplice, leading his high-profile investigation in the wrong direction to throw everyone off the trail.