Monstrous March Mix 'n' Match of Mayhem!::March Bombing Run

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They do need a lot of info, from both of us. That takes days to accumulate and sort out. Then the faxing of all of it, and going over all of it on the phone. And many decisions. And after all that, now I need to stop spending and hoard away nearly 8k$ in cash. This must be worth it, or else it wouldn't be so involved, right?

Jevverrett":f97h6pd9 said:
They do need a lot of info, from both of us. That takes days to accumulate and sort out. Then the faxing of all of it, and going over all of it on the phone. And many decisions. And after all that, now I need to stop spending and hoard away nearly 8k$ in cash. This must be worth it, or else it wouldn't be so involved, right?
For me it was most definitely worth it! My purchase was even more complicated than most. The house we were purchasing was a foreclosure and was owned by HUD. The loan we were getting was through the USDA rather than a traditional loan. Talk about headaches! Working with two government agencies in addition to the regulars like realtors, loan agents, title writers, etc. It took 3 months from the time our offer was accepted to when we got the keys. Pain in the rump! But so worth it!

It seems a bit nuts how complex this process is. But then again, during the Clinton administration I guess it wasn't. And that's part of the reason for the housing collapse. Now, the verification process is intense so they're certain you can afford it.

We bought (our third house) about 25 years. $85K purchase price. Recent market appraisal was $270K. There's another very potent reason for you to believe the hassle is worth it.

Tell me about it. My grandfather bought his first home, a 3 bdrm in rural Maine on 17 acres for about 30k. Of course, that was 1956 lol

Blackhorse":b0bw3uyd said:
We bought (our third house) about 25 years. $85K purchase price. Recent market appraisal was $270K. There's another very potent reason for you to believe the hassle is worth it.
I definitely ended up in Oregon at EXACTLY the wrong time to buy a house. Jeez...

Orders will be sent out today soon!

This isn't an easy one for me to figure out. I have a few ideas, but would appreciate suggestions on ordinance from any bomber that has a clue as to what would be 'Mission appropriate'.

Blackhorse":l7kpo7kq said:
This isn't an easy one for me to figure out. I have a few ideas, but would appreciate suggestions on ordinance from any bomber that has a clue as to what would be 'Mission appropriate'.
Orders received, and me too!