My new pipe Yakslon ...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi! Lovat-"pencil". Order.
Length of 153mm
bowl 34h48
Camera 20h45mm
Mouthpiece 16h3,5mm
Weight 26g

Lovat_Das.jpg

Must be something in the air; noticed a lot of guys doing these delicate-stemmed straight pipes recently. They're not for me, but are kind of cool looking.

Great carving and grain showcasing, as usual, Yakslon.

8)

Kyle Weiss":4tqzonep said:
Must be something in the air; noticed a lot of guys doing these delicate-stemmed straight pipes recently. They're not for me, but are kind of cool looking.

Great carving and grain showcasing, as usual, Yakslon.

8)
Thank you!

The grain and the craftsmanship that brings it out is very evident Yakslon, they look beautiful. Your work is appreciated, and I hope you have people throwing money at you for them.

<hr />
Greyson":9ilcskqd said:
The grain and the craftsmanship that brings it out is very evident Yakslon, they look beautiful. Your work is appreciated, and I hope you have people throwing money at you for them.
Thank you! A few more pipes... Egg under 9mm filter. Order.
Length of 153mm
Camera 20h35mm
Mouthpiece 15x3,5mm
Weight 43g

Agg_Jake.jpg

Lovat_Pencil. Order.
Length of 152mm
bowl 33h50
Camera 20h45mm
Mouthpiece 15h3,5mm
Weight 29,5g

Lovat_Pencil_Mikael.jpg

Lovat_pencil_W. Order.
Length of 140mm
bowl 33h47
Camera 20h42mm
Mouthpiece 14h3,5mm
Weight 25,3g

Lovat_pencil_W.jpg

The uniformity of the flame-like grain on the middle Pencil Lovat is absolutely breathtaking. The stain and wax finish you use to polish your non-rusticated pipes looks too good to be true, Yakslon. :cheers: Good camera work helps, too... ;) Stunning, just stunning.

Kyle Weiss":dh1g1ttj said:
The uniformity of the flame-like grain on the middle Pencil Lovat is absolutely breathtaking. The stain and wax finish you use to polish your non-rusticated pipes looks too good to be true, Yakslon. :cheers: Good camera work helps, too... ;) Stunning, just stunning.
The pipes do look like the picture, it's true! :) Thanks for the compliment. I was very lucky with this piece of briar. Fantastically beautiful picture, I could not pass on the beauty of the photo ... :) Of course, I do photo editing in Photoshop, but it's usually white balance, sharpening. "Flame" I do not paint ... :)

Color balancing is almost essential these days, but I can certainly tell these pipes are the real thing--they just LOOK too good to be true. :lol: The simplicity of the shape really showcases the grain, and that's something I really appreciate. Afford? No. Appreciate? Sure. 8)

Bent_dublin. pipe seeking master ...
Length of 135mm
Camera 20h38mm
Mouthpiece 16h3,5mm
Weight 38,6g

Dublin_M.jpg

Yakslon, how much briar do you go through to find this good of stuff to carve? Or are you just very lucky? :lol:

8)

Kyle Weiss":kgevddw9 said:
Yakslon, how much briar do you go through to find this good of stuff to carve? Or are you just very lucky? :lol:

8)
Need for a good briar hunts ... :) This briar I bought in Italy, Mimmo. He has even better, but to get it to stand in line, three months ... And how lucky, of course. :)

3 stunningly beautiful pipes! :cheers: :cheers: (pm sent)

Fraternally

Jers