My snuff stash (retitled thread)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay now I see exactly how overboard I went. The first small box got here (second one hasn't yet but I ordered the very next day) and I hopped into Toque Chocolate. I figured I should start with it instead of Crumbs of Comfort or Elmos Reserve because those are supposed to be better based on reviews. The first 3 times of snuffing it were a bit of a change for me with the feeling of it going in, and a little too far once, but not too bad. By the 6th snuff it was quite decent and kept me going strong through my shift...but even using about a pea sized serving split between each nostril I barely made a dent in a 10g tin....and I have a ton more snuff on the way!! Lol no biggie, I can always mail some home when I get to somewhere with a post office. I have to admit though that so far I am definitely diggin it. Thanks for all the info guys.

'probably went a bit overboard' he says... his shopping list takes up half the page!

jackiechanmemeg.png

You guys should see my neighbor's stash. He stocked up before the pact act with about 15 of those one-pound jars!

George Kaplan":r8n5fa0o said:
You guys should see my neighbor's stash. He stocked up before the pact act with about 15 of those one-pound jars!
Hate to admit it but since the 4th snuff yesterday I have been debating doing that too. As soon as they take away online toby we will really have issues.

Okay so CoC and Toque Chocolate are finer grinds and go in easily without making me sneeze, but Elmos Reserve is a bit chunkier and I am having one heck of a time not sneezing with it. I love the flavor....flavor the right word considering it is nose or scent??...but it just seems like it is too coarse for my nose to not be pissed at. Does that go away over time or tend to stick around? Thanks.

I am having one heck of a time not sneezing with it.
:lol!:

It must be your body telling you NO.

My uncles had me try snuff when I was a kid. It is not for me.

So, for those of us who are ready to take the leap and give snuff a try, what is the best way to get a hold of this stuff? The closest B&M that I know of that carries any is about 3 hours away, and I won't be out that way for at least another month.

For those who are in the know, what are the best online vendors to deal with (price, selection, etc.)?

J Soshae- it's only my body telling me no to that snuff, and so far it is the best one of the lot darn it all lol

idbowman":d3p2ud1r said:
So, for those of us who are ready to take the leap and give snuff a try, what is the best way to get a hold of this stuff? The closest B&M that I know of that carries any is about 3 hours away, and I won't be out that way for at least another month.

For those who are in the know, what are the best online vendors to deal with (price, selection, etc.)?
www.mrsnuff.com
Your local B&M likely won't have it unless it is leftover from before the pact act.

Wait...am I turned completely upside down on this? I thought PACT prevented the shipping of cigarettes/ryo/smokeless. Wouldn't that affect the online sale (domestically) of these products? Why does that affect B&Ms?

Someone else would be better suited to answer that one but it affected them some sorta how and made it so we have to order from overseas.

Okay so I put another order in that will be sitting in the cellar when I get back home. I think I am going to slowly build up a decent sized cellar of snuff for when the gov gets even more out of control with making sure Americans are their version of healthy. Still not sure why I can't snuff the more coarse SG Elmos Reserve. But, the new order is:
1 x Wilsons Crumbs of Comfort 450g
1 x Gawith Hoggarth Spartan 25g
1 x Gawith Hoggarth Sweet Cherry Brandy Small (twist chew)
1 x Gawith Hoggarth Jockey Club 10g
1 x Metal Snuff Spoon Silver
1 x FUBAR Snafu Medicated 30g (have heard nothing good about FUBAR snuffs but figure it should be given a fair try by me too)

kaiser83":9xjlzpve said:
Someone else would be better suited to answer that one but it affected them some sorta how and made it so we have to order from overseas.
Just giving this a little nudge, hoping that someone "in the know" can shed some light on this for me.

Is it a definite upcoming piece of legislation you guys are socking up against, or is it a general precaution? I know smoking has a horrible reputation these days, but my impression is that pipe smoking (and snuff) is a very different animal than cigarette smoking. I'm still thinking of putting myself down as a non smoker on forms because they assume its cigarettes.

Though in the eyes of the lawmakers I suppose the difference is not relevant... facts just tend to get in the way.

For me it is all preventative, that and I like having my tobacco on hand when I want to smoke it and not having to wait on an order. That and it is nice looking at ten pounds of pipe tobacco, and will be nice to see ten pounds of snuff by the time I get back home.

Toque Bacon&Cheese is disgusting. De Kralingse Choco Latakia is good. Abraxas Dragun is good.

To be fair, Bacon&Cheese snuff does sound pretty disgusting, so at least its not misleading advertising :)

No kidding Greyson, I did however have to give it a try. I found one I am really loving in Red Bull, it is strong and will clean your sinuses but it definitely is a pic me up and AWESOME. I have been trying to find Red Bull by the pound but apparently Poschl only has their little containers darn it all.

Placed another order today:

1 x McChrystal's Jip (free)
1 x Ozona President 7g
1 x FUBAR RnR 10g
1 x Fribourg & Treyer Morlaix 450g
1 x Wilsons Morlaix 5g
1 x Wilsons Strasbourg 5g
1 x Fribourg & Treyer French Carotte 25g
1 x Fribourg & Treyer Dr.JR Justice 25g
2 x Samuel Gawith Apricot 250g
1 x Poschl Gawith Apricot 10g
1 x Metal Snuff Spoon Silver (free)
1 x Poschl FC Bayern 10g
1 x Holiday Bundle
2 x Paul Gotard Gooseberry Snuff Bottle 8g
1 x FUBAR Bohica 10g (FBR017) = $3.95
1 x Toque Christmas Pudding 10g
1 x Wilsons Coffee Cream 5g
1 x FREE Klik Klak Sampler (free)

I have, as of late, also been thinking about giving snuff a try. Reading through this post was funny. You really jumped right in there. Glad you're enjoying it. The stuff seems cheap enough really that your long grocery lists really don't look that bad. I'll place an order here one of these days when I get around to it.