November Bombing Mission - Toxic Turkey!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*maniacal cackle* Finally! Somebody else shares my pain!

Also I got hit with more bombs today... will post shortly. *sigh*

Greyson":n6rivhxm said:
*maniacal cackle* Finally! Somebody else shares my pain!

Also I got hit with more bombs today... will post shortly. *sigh*
As expected the shortbread is fantastic! I have to hide this stuff from the kids. ;) An excellent accompaniment to a strong cup of Earl Grey.

Can't wait to try the CC baccy.

:cheers:

The first time I met the guy who owns Granny Wobbley's, he sold me an ice cream made as follows - handmade ice cream with milk from the Cornish dairy down the street, slathered in clotted cream (if you don't know what Cornish clotted cream is like I feel sorry for you) then dipped in clotted cream fudge shavings. It was like a heart attack on a stick, but for a fat ass like me, freaking awesome.

Greyson":7pf4q1fe said:
slathered in clotted cream (if you don't know what Cornish clotted cream is like I feel sorry for you)
It is any different from Devonshire clotted cream?

I'm impressed by the tight pattern we got with this mission. I had expected sort of a "rolling thunder" sustained bombardment as our payloads crossed the Atlantic and made their way through customs. Seems like they all grouped within a few days of each other, though. We must be getting better at this. Enjoy the aftermath, Greyson. Sorry we couldn't send tons of tobacco, but well, you know.

ps: I've been eating Cornish pasties for two weeks in honor of our poor target.

pps: I don't know if they're actually called pasties in Cornwall, and here they're not called Cornish pasties; just "pasties".

ppps: Ok, I wasn't actually eating them in your honor, Greyson. They're just the common fare in Northern Michigan where I've been hunting deer this month, but they did make me think of you and the destruction headed your way. :p

DrT999":k3gycex5 said:
It is any different from Devonshire clotted cream?
OOoooh if a Cornishman heard you say that... yes, totally different (except not really). According to local history, the Kerns invented it and then it was unscrupulously stolen by the Dewnant, and although they copied the recipe, they have been making a second rate imitation ever since!

Three bombs arrived today, for some reason the postman could leave two but had to write me a collection card for the other, so I will have to see what it was on Monday.

Here are the two that made it though:

A very interesting looking book that no doubt was sent to educate me, as my knowledge of the colonies is admittedly lacking. Very nice, thank you whoever sent it!
dscf0743sx.jpg

And a Zippo that is clearly the finest ever created as it immortalises the Spitfire and the Battle of Britain.
dscf0744c.jpg

George Kaplan":6ut0rwsm said:
pps: I don't know if they're actually called pasties in Cornwall, and here they're not called Cornish pasties; just "pasties".
A quote from Wikipidia:

Cornish pasty

The pasty is regarded as the national dish of Cornwall.[24][25][26] Following a nine year campaign by the Cornish Pasty Association, the trade organisation of about 50 pasty makers based in Cornwall, the name "Cornish pasty" was awarded Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) status by the European Commission on 20 July 2011.[27] According to the PGI status a Cornish pasty should be shaped like a ‘D’ and crimped on one side, not on the top. Its ingredients should include uncooked beef, swede (called turnip in Cornwall),[28] potato and onion, with a light seasoning of salt and pepper, keeping a chunky texture. The pastry should be golden and retain its shape when cooked and cooled.[16] The PGI status also means that Cornish pasties must be prepared in Cornwall. They do not have to be baked in Cornwall,[29] nor do the ingredients have to come from the county, though the Cornish Pasty Association noted that there are strong links between pasty production and local suppliers of the ingredients.[30] Packaging for pasties which conform to the requirements will be stamped with an authentication logo.[16]
Oh yes, the pasty is Cornish. It's a bit like people making Cheddar cheese that isn't from Cheddar, or Champagne that isn't from Champagne in France... it can be done, but its not right!

I knew it was from Cornwall. I just didn't know if was called that there. Michigan's Upper Peninsula, AKA that jester's cap on Wisconsin, had a lot of copper and iron mines, hence the Cornish population. There's also a lot of Finnish and Swedish farmers up there, so I thought the name might have been changed.

DrumsAndBeer":aw8av8d3 said:
I am embarassed the say that I know nothing of Cornwall other than it's the resting place of "Biggles & all the Sportsman who are writing their memoirs for the paperback edition of the Boyscout's Manual."
:lol!: I totally missed that the first time through. I guess I'm just thick as a brick. Good show, D&B. Thanks for taking one for the team.

Ah sorry George, yeah they do call them Cornish pasties here, but that's more of a self-defence reaction... Cornwall is one of the poorest areas of England, and relies heavily on tourism to keep the local economies alive. If they didn't protect their products and advertise them as being Cornish, they'd probably feel like they would risk losing part of what draws so many people here.

I'm still getting hit over here, y'know, if anyone cares about humanity or anything. Mercy. Morality. Right and wrong. Basic decency. I've also had threatening messages telling me there are at least two bombs that have not been released at me yet.

I'm just saying. Seriously.

A further excellent collection of artisan confectionery, I am most interested in the chocolate bar made from Rhinos. Mmmm, tastes like endangered.
dscf0746u.jpg

An excellent leather carry case from Wilsons of Sharrow with Czech multitool, and a very fine multi tool tamper with a spike which I can assure you is very damn sharp. Pretty much just harpooned myself with it.
dscf0748h.jpg

Great run gents. Seems poor G will be gun shy everytime he sees a postman. Or postwoman. Or postgendernotspecified.