November Bombing Mission - Toxic Turkey!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stop that, you're going to make me wake the other people in the tent with my laughter.

Ok, well you asked for it. Here are the pictures of the destruction so far. I'm sorry my shots came out so dark, I promise you they were all taken in a well lit room, but the settings on my camera and I are not currently getting on very well and the result is that they look like I'm taking pictures in the dark, I hope you don't mind because it'd be a bugger to do them all again.

Rather than doing a mass photo which minimises the components a bit, I grouped them by type or individually. Here we go:

Wiskey -
Awesome and very handsomely presented Jack Daniels sample case
dscf0690k.jpg

Pipe & Tobacco cases -
Superb leather Savinelli pipe and tobacco case
Excellent leather pipe and tobacco case from Comoy's (with these two I can keep one stashed in the car and one in my coat for hikes, cheers guys!)
dscf0693g.jpg

Books -

As below. Awesome guys, I haven't read these, looking forward to them!
dscf0697l.jpg

Lighters and pipe tools -
Having trouble setting orphanages on fire? Not anymore!
Limited edition turkey Zippo (see what he did there?)
Pipe lighter Zippo, engraved on the back to say 'BoB, Andrew 'Greyson' Johnson'
Jobon lighter with three pipe tools built into the side, another winner!
dscf0700x.jpg

We now move into Tamper Territory, I took shots of these individually because I think you really need to see them each up close to appreciate the work and effort you folks have put into making them. Get ready to be jealous.

Tampers -

I'm not sure if this was intended to be a tamper or simply a fascinating relic, but I'm honoured to receive it either way; a possible Enfield round from the Wilson's Creek National Battlefield. Bloody hell, I love this thing! There's a lot of weight to it too (it is lead after all).
dscf0701q.jpg

Handmade multi wood and brass tamper. Beautiful!
dscf0703an.jpg

Another beauty, a handmade brass tamper encasing a 1912 Farthing. Classy!
dscf0704j.jpg

Handmade Sambar Stag antler tamper with leather cord. Wow!
dscf0705ye.jpg

The brother that made this described it as being from 'bits of scrap metal'. Well I assure you, its not scrap to me! Damascus steel tamper with wave pattern and ridiculously strong magnet. The picture doesn't do it justice, its really beautiful to look at in sunlight.
dscf0707w.jpg

Cut from the same cloth as the previous one, this has a fairly sharp edge, presumably doubling as a pipe reamer (I haven't looked into reaming yet so I'm a bit out of my depth on this one), again the picture doesn't do it justice, its a superb and intricate piece of metal.
dscf0710z.jpg

Food -
Somebody let on that I'm a fat ass. Oh yeah, it was me. I shall enjoy these nutrition free calories! Ah, America.
dscf0712v.jpg

Mats, cards and accessories -
I am always running out of bookmarks for some reason, and these cards will see service soon I'm sure. I keep seeing BJ Long pipe cleaners going about in bombs, and finally I have some of my own! My pipes thank you. I'm not sure where the stickers will be going yet, but they are going there, trust me. Might be a dash of colour somewhere when I get to my new house, and beer mats are always handy, these ones also happen to be very cool! The flash killed it a bit, but at the bottom there is a 'Ommegang' bottle opener, very nice thank you to the kind soul who included it, I'm always looking for one.
dscf0714i.jpg

Toys and games -
Now we get to the meat of the bombing... Toys! Thank you for including these, my dog has been biting bubbles all night.
dscf0716r.jpg

Tobacco! -
I was sure somebody had sent me a tobacco soft drink, but no, now I can grow my own tobacco! Hahaha! Today tobacco, tomorrow the world! Wait, what?
Also included were samples of the following:
Dunhill nightcap
Robert Lewis 123 mixture
Sam Gawith christmas mixture
Germains loose rich dark flake
Ashton Winding road
dscf0718kh.jpg

Cigar cutter -
I was very impressed with this little device, it looks and feels really well made and solid. I shall look forward to trying it out!
dscf0719fq.jpg

Ashtray / pipe tray -
This is quite an unusual little holder, it looks like its glass with a brass surround and brass engraving... of a bird (Turkey?) smoking a pipe. Obviously.
dscf0720uo.jpg

Apparel -
From the depths of the Vortex bar and comedy club comes a shirt I can fit into! Skull Tshirt? Check. Now all I need is some small children to jump out at.
dscf0727mi.jpg

Posters and prints -
Jeez and lord mercy. This is too many categories guys!

Awesome vintage poster 'The Kaisers insult'. Ignore the pebbles, I had to weigh it down to take the picture, I'm keeping them in their shipping tubes for protection until I move to my new house.
dscf0730j.jpg

Vintage tobacco advert, 'Arf a mo Kaiser'
dscf0731r.jpg

Another very cool olde style tobacco advert, this one for Cope's tobacco
dscf0728c.jpg

Somebody was dropping eves when I was talking about my plan to make a movie themed home cinema room. Very nice, thank you so much! James bond canvas three section print.
dscf0692iu.jpg

Pipes -
Pipes. You guys sent me pipes. With all this other loot, you sent me pipes as well. Really above and beyond guys, you didn't need to, but I thoroughly appreciate it.

Heck. I'm speechless, but lets get started.

One Don Carlos Italian made Briar pipe in superb condition. Yes, it fits well into my 'bear paw' hands. Thank you!
dscf0725z.jpg

One Missouri Meerschaum freehand cobb. I bought a white and a red of these a while back, planning to offer one to a friend, I hoped he would choose the red, but he chose the white... now I have both again, thank you! The house always wins!
dscf0721z.jpg

One really special straight grain Dr Grabow briar, wow. I think this is a really pretty pipe. Thank you brother!
dscf0723o.jpg

One special ordered Mario Grandi half carved black and tan. Another really pretty pipe, I don't usually go for straight pipes (steady on now) but this one is definitely a keeper. Well played brother... I really owe you one.
dscf0726q.jpg

Ok... so that's the count so far. Its incredibly generous of you all. I'm really humbled and at a loss for words, and it takes a lot to get me to shut up. You guys are great.

Now, its taken me all night to sort those pictures out properly, so if you'll excuse me, I have more important matters to attend to:

moreimportant.jpg

Boosh! Very nicely done all around, brothers and sisters--and enjoy, Greyson, you deserve it!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/erOXE_L5amc" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh I forgot to mention... a couple of messages people sent were wishing me happy birthday, I'm not sure if that was a smokescreen in the event of a customs charge, but my birthday isnt this month guys. But thanks of course!

Yeah, the birthday thing was one of my/our little smokescreens. But it sounds like all is very cool in that regard. Whew!

And I think that deserves special attention and a well earned round of applause FROM all of us...FOR all of us! After several discussions with Greyson I've been assured that there has been NO DUTY, NO VAT, NO NUTTIN' in terms of charges or fees or whatever levied against him for our bombs. Way to go guys...that's one clean mission. And for that, I'm going to award the Mission Star to the entire bunch of you that slagged his castle into bubbling lava. That means you can fly the star on your signature line through the month of December. Congratulations! Very well done.

HUZZAH! HUZZAH! HUZZAH!

I'm just relieved mine arrived before Tuesday! That bubble pipe certainly suits you. ;)

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the most epic bombing ever brother and very well deserved. Congrats. Now you can have yourself a glass of single barrel as you read the pipe book, while removing your cob from your pipe pouch, load it with home grown tobacco, while eating a crunch bar and occasionally blowing bubbles, tamping with damascus steel, while staring at prints in your man cave, while wearing a skull t-shirt. Phew that took a lot of scanning down to look at pics lol.

Blackhorse":osow6x9b said:
FOR all of us! After several discussions with Greyson I've been assured that there has been NO DUTY, NO VAT, NO NUTTIN' in terms of charges or fees or whatever levied against him for our bombs.
Great! Let's hope the same holds true for the rest of the mission :face:

This bombing has been especially great.

Nice run everyone.

I for one want a report on the Germain's Rich Dark Flake.

Here's to tax and Duty free. :cheers:

Four more parcels hit today (Friday 30th, from America... I'm just saying... pretty pinpoint deadeye accuracy)

Another impressive selection to add to my bookshelf, the James bonds are actually graphic novels which is excellent, and the artwork is really cool. I'll have to see if I can take a picture of some good examples, they look exactly like Sean Connory / whoever the bond actor was in that story. I did get a copy of the pipe book in a previous bomb, but fear not, I know a fellow who will find a good home for it! Thank you very much guys!
dscf0740j.jpg

One very nice and high quality engraved pipe tool, thank you brother! The picture didnt catch it very well but the engraving on the solid end reads 'Brothers of Briar - 2012'
dscf0742w.jpg

Zippo and glow lighter set, with engraved case featuring bombers and an American Eagle. Very cool, and I definitely need a glow lighter for the ridiculous coast winds when I'm out walking!
dscf0741i.jpg

ahahahhahaha you got wrecked

take that ya pom, and we are gonna take back the ashes this year too, what do you say to that?

:)

rev (honorary australian leg spin bowler)

Reading through the last few pages plastered a smile on my face. This is amazing. Well and truly amazing.

Well done and well deserved.

I love that Cope's Tobacco ad. Really, really cool. The best bomb, though? That bubble pipe. It just oozes class and refinement.

Aww yeah. Well deserved brother! Has England sunk into the ocean yet? With a bombardment like this, I'm surprised I can still find it on the map!

Greyson, you deserve it! Enjoy! :cheers:

To the Bombers, finest mission yet!!! Well done all of you! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I just looked at the devistation agian. :shock:

Well you can't have an explosion the size of the one that took out Greyson's entire neighborhood without some shrapnel. A chunk of it landed today at my place all the way in California. It took the form of a mysterious unexplained package that arrived here just before noon. I was slated to be gone for the day but the rain ruined my plans, this strange parcel made my day.

Upon opening it, there was a note from our target as well as the all too familiar and comforting scent of Latakia which filled the room when I revealed a good 4 ounces of Cigar Connoisseur's Elizabethan Mixture. Awesome! I have read great stuff about their tobaccos and weeped a little when I found out that they don't ship to the states. I will savor this. :D

The note - :D

The tobacco - :cheers:

But that's not all. Personally I love maps, how Greyson knew, or knows this is beyond me. But enclosed was this totally killer map of Cornwall circa 1610. The paper has a wonderful feel to it and it's incredibly detailed. I am embarassed the say that I know nothing of Cornwall other than it's the resting place of "Biggles & all the Sportsman who are writing their memoirs for the paperback edition of the Boyscout's Manual."

some more detail - Freaking Cool!

I am a creature of habit & I drink Earl Grey tea in the afternoon and usually at least one good beer a day. If you enjoy tea there's nothing like a good shortbread to go with it. Trust me, good shortbread will not go wasted over here, & anything bearing the name Granny Wobbly's Fudge Pantry has got to be awesome.

As my name suggests I can always use a proper pint glass, especially one that says "Bomber." This one's from the Daniel Thwaites Brewery. It will look great next to my Deuchars IPA glass.

Here's the entire haul. Greyson you are truly kind, thoughtful and generous. Thank you! :drunken: :santa: :rendeer: