October...the Great Halloween BoB Bombing Mission...Ooooooo!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fishfuzz":4sf0a0fe said:
bobhon10.png

Updated with transparent background.
Heh... I already did that too. :lol:

Edited to remain consistent with the bomb size.
9978a.png

Also, excellent having your wife freak out about the bombs! :lol:

gravel":y2yjfzo7 said:
9978a.png

Ha - I had just updated my post with the 57px version. ;)

Fishfuzz":8g7gohh0 said:
gravel":8g7gohh0 said:
9978a.png

Ha - I had just updated my post with the 57px version. ;)
Exciting stuff I tell ya'! :lol:

I'm chomping at the bits wanting to add this! :lol:

Mozjo33":f7wgcwzu said:
Well, I just walked into the house...or what's left of it...and this is what I see:

DSC_0001-3.jpg
Watch where you step! There is at least one more landmine about which isn't in sight! ;)

Well, one bomb hit today and about leveled my house!

I am now hunkered down in the bomb shelter. Like that's gonna help! :roll:

Excuse the mess but there ain't much room in here to store stuff.

tech2576":40r67iv6 said:
Well, one bomb hit today and about leveled my house!

I am now hunkered down in the bomb shelter. Like that's gonna help! :roll:

Excuse the mess but there ain't much room in here to store stuff.

Neat bomb! It will be interesting to see what's next!

Moz, I love it that the wife called you and freaked! :twisted:

Tell her we mean no harm! :lol:

Well, not much.

Well Mr. Tech...you'd better check again! The USPS says that at least 10 bombs him your digs today...verified by yours truely. One was a double hit, being a 'two in one' or something like that.

And since we have passed to point of shock and awe, I feel it's OK to comment on the Honor Star thing.

We didn't make it boys. It's just that simple. Even though it appears that 85% of the pilots dropped their loads (lol) at the proper time to hit on the Day of Destruction...two did not...on each target. And the jury is still out on two as their DC numbers are still pending.

I already went through the entire list of DC numbers and have determined who did and did not have a bomb hit today. This has taken for-damn-ever to do, but you yokels are worth it...here's the readout on those whose hit, if you're not listed yours is either predicted by the USPS to hit tomorrow, or I didn't have a DC number to work with.

Those whole bombs hit today are:

scotties22
Ocelot55
DrumsAndBeer
gravel
kaiser83
taharris
Tech2576
DrT999
Greyson
roogles
Simple Man
Mozjo33
idbowman
Dave In Philly
Dreadgerbil
Sloppy Joe Hemingway
George Kaplan
Greyson
GrampaGrossbart
EC Outlaw
Cigar2You
fishfuzz
Rob in MO
Blackhorse

Congrats to each one of you (and me) for a fine showing...exceptional performance!

Comment: one pilot was really pleased that he had gotten his bomb out on time...but it really didn't go out on time. It had a notification thing on the date that would have had it arrive OK, but it didn't hit the mail til the next day...Thursday. Shipping on the day prior appears to be a no win deal no matter where it's mailed from. That's why I keep saying Wednesday for a Friday delivery at least.

And this is not a penalty thing. A Saturday delivery is viewed as appropriate for general bombing purposes...just not for an all in one deal like the Medal thing this round.

Now...keep up with me here...I'm not going to penalize the lucky 85% that had theirs arrive together. What I'm going to do is change the very natiure of the award...and have it as a month to month kind of thing. If your bomb hit today...you get to wear the Honor Star with pride...for one month. Then we start again. It will be an award that has to be earned each and every mission. In essense, it is taken away and if you hit on the proper target date again...you can put it up again! Simple. Clean. And it doesn't result in a swath of start across the page. So that's what we'll do.

So if your name is in the list above you are authorized to post the star in your signature box. If not, show me that your box did hit today and we can go from there.

Blackhorse":xmbejdq9 said:
Well Mr. Tech...you'd better check again! The USPS says that at least 10 bombs him your digs today...verified by yours truely. One was a double hit, being a 'two in one' or something like that.
Yeah, kinda confusing with his earlier post:

tech2576":xmbejdq9 said:
I am counting @ 8 out for delivery so far.
This is gonna be awesome!

Oh well, the night is young. :twisted:

Well, since he didn't have access to the DC numbers, he was likely going on the comments of others here who had posted that their bombs were out for delivery. That's the only source of information he had.

But the one bomb being received is a real worry to me, given last month's snafu. I sent him a PM asking for clarification and if I can tear myself away from the TV (Toxic Avenger is being shown!) then I'll hopefully get new information soon.

Blackhorse":6iltwpll said:
But the one bomb being received is a real worry to me, given last month's snafu. I sent him a PM asking for clarification and if I can tear myself away from the TV (Toxic Avenger is being shown!) then I'll hopefully get new information soon.
Yeah, WTF's up with 'One Bomb'????? :mrgreen:
What about the others the Commander mentioned?

Hot Damn! Now THIS is the value to good follow-up gents (and lady):

After I sent another PM to Tech, asking him what was up, he said he had just gotten the one. But he said he'd double check. And...

The dog alerted about a half hour or so ago but never barked. I wrote it off.
Went down to the driveway just now.
Holy Halloween!

Present and accounted for.

See the thread shortly!

Houston...I think the problem has been rectified! Thank you Lord!

After a heads up from BH, and my dog alerting about an hour ago. I went out and looked around.

I have been devistaded! Pics to follow.

Thank you to everyone. It doesn't get better than BoB! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I was hoping to see some pics tonight but have to start a 12 hour shift at 5... may just have to wait and see the devastation tomorrow night.

Blackhorse":6c8500us said:
So...just giving him his due...Simpleman has the graphic for the star.

(heh, heh, heh...maybe that'l cut down on the PM traffic for me a bit) :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just 'right click' on image of star or bomb and choose 'copy image location', go to edit signature click on the picture frame (image) right click choose 'paste' and add. Should be relatively easy. :D

Pics will have to wait till tomorrow. I have to hit the sack as I work tomorrow. Rest assurred, I have been devistated!