OK, who's the wise guy that thought I should be bombed?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is having trouble getting his life back together since we left it in shambles... LOL.

Okay all, I'm new here. So please explain getting bombed, thanks.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lol.... being bombed is only the worst thing that can ever happen to a poor unsuspecting SOB

Bomb = big box of pipe related goodness.

It's not about GETTING bombed. It's about Bombing another deserving person. Often done individually to another, anonymously. Done by the BoB Squadron as a group activity each month. About a down or two dozen members bury some poor sap with stuff. It's just that simple.

Black horse ... well put. I still need to ship you more jerky in congratulations on your retirement..... thank you for all the work you put into the BoB all those years. The keeping of peace . Taking us young pups under your arm to teach us a thing or two about pipes and or life.

Blackhorse":1ts9rqvh said:
Bomb = big box of pipe related goodness.

It's not about GETTING bombed. It's about Bombing another deserving person. Often done individually to another, anonymously. Done by the BoB Squadron as a group activity each month. About a down or two dozen members bury some poor sap with stuff. It's just that simple.
This sums it up pretty well. Look at it as a coordinated Random Act of Kindness. An exercise in unprovoked generosity. An example of a willingness to share and revel in the good will and brother/sisterhood of the Brothers of Briar.....

Enabling is another word that I have heard used. But I reject any negative connotations implied.......

Of course I might be waay off base going this far into a descriptive....;)

Thanks OW, the pipe forum I use to belong to it was called " gifted ". Appreciate your explanation. Extremely nice gesture for sure :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":1n7fhh9r said:
Alex, can you explain better???

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
If I may step in here, as one of the BoB Bomber Co-Commanders - we are a group of selfless individuals who randomly choose an individual on this forum to send an unnecessary number of packages full of tobacco, pipes/pipe accessories, and other random shenanigans. We try to get the shipping coordinated so most if not all packages arrive on the same day, hence the 'bombing' portion of what we do.

We think of it as our way to let people know that we do keep track of the folks and goings-on of the forum, and as a way to help keep the communal spirit of pipe smoking alive in our own little way. If you'd like more information, there is a 'stuck' post that lists some more pertinent details.

Blackhorse, it is clear once I was able to read your explanation. I was only able to read what Alex wrote. Then all the others popped up.
Thank you everyone!!

PS
Warlockbob, extremely superb gesture!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

As a testimony to the activities of the Bombing Squadron they (we) have been the cause of relatively few divorce proceedings and perhaps only slightly more spousal abuse court cases. It seems that a husband cannot scream "No honey, I didn't abuse the credit card!" loudly enough of counter a dozen or so big fat expensive looking boxes being unloaded by the mail carrier all at once.

Just felt that needed to be out there.

Blackhorse, it takes special people/members to do something so kind. I'm liking the BOB more everyday, for the kindness alone :cheers:

I tip my hat to the entire squadron.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

The wife will say, "You are trying to convince me that people just sent you all this?"

It is a tough one to explain. The credit card statement gets close scrutiny.

You plot to return the favor.