Oldest in yer cellar

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
huffelpuff":tl1ita03 said:
@ docwatson. I've found the Murray's tobacco of yours listed in a 1951 and a 1948 Irish statutes books.  http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1951/en/si/0315.html
http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1948/en/si/0078.html

Hope this is of some help to you.

Jim
THANKS JIM,
What a great reference you have found for aged tobacco. I never knew that existed and I also found a couple other tobaccos that I have with no idea of the date. One is Maltan Flake which like most Irish Tobaccos is pretty stout in flavor.
You are a wealth of knowledge, this is awesome. :cheers: :cheers: 

monbla256":oc6wofed said:
This what I have left from when I bought these from a B&M that closed in '83 here in town. I've two of the 100g tins of 965 and 6 of the 50g and the same number of the 100g tins of London Mixture and Nightcap. Just one of each of the others and I'm gonna open the 759 and Three Nuns on New Years  :twisted: 

Monbla,
Those are some great Royal Warrant Dunhill blends. You really connected with that old B&M that closed, what a great stash. I also have a bunch of the London Mixture, probably a dozen or more tins that is my favorite Dunhill blend. As for opening the 759, I hope the New Year is extra special for you, because in today's dollars those tins are bringing $250. ++.
I think I'll hold onto the one I have or cash it in. LOL
Andy

The temptation to sell at those prices is great, but I really would rather smoke it :twisted:  I know it will not be the same as when I bought it and smoked it "fresh" as we did "back in the day" but 30+ yo Latakia, Va and Orientals do so well :twisted: :twisted:  And you'd be surprised how nice that Black Aromatic smokes as it really is not an American style Aro, but rather a dark almost black Cavendished Va!

monbla256":5swk022u said:
  And you'd be surprised how nice that Black Aromatic smokes as it really is not an American style Aro, but rather a dark almost black Cavendished Va!
So true Monbla. Many pipe smokers today think that just because it says Aromatic that it's all the American sweet Cavendish type and nothing is further from the truth. Much of the European/British Aromatic tobaccos of old are merely flavored with condimental tobaccos and are not the sweet cloying type that most pipe smokers from this country expect. Let's keep it a secret!!! LOL
Andy