Operation: Capricious Destiny

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somebody will be pretty pleased come tonight's board... :)

Not that I'm saying anything.

I'd better not say, though we are bombing Paris, so there are no real misses.

30 mins warning on the ceasefire to the MIA pilots

Ceasefire on day three, please wait for the board to be posted before you send your picks for day 4!

DAY 3 COMBAT FEED​

1 [12:03 am] Blackhorse, still maintaining his elaborate cover of being completely inept, bombs L6 for his most recent miss.

2 [12:09 am] Scotties22 flies her hate machine along the Boulevard de la Villette to A10, where she spies hot rolls being served at the Café Chéri. Despising the competition, she adds a side order of explosives to the table. While a technical miss, Scotties seems pleased with the outcome.

3 [12:10 am] DrT999, leaving the Hippocratic Oath firmly behind him, bombs the dense residential area at L2 for a murderous miss.

4 [12:13 am] Taharris, also bent on mass frenchicide, circles the DrT's destruction at L2 with evident disappointment. This is somewhat made up by setting fire to the Pasteur Institute at his redirected coordinates of J2, and getting a full on hit.

5 [12:16 am] Tech2576, unwilling to limit his destruction to the living, heads for the cemetery at D12 to perpetrate some good-old-fashioned desecration. His bomb descends from the heavens like the finger of God itself and… OH MY GOD!! Hit on Capricious! Capricious is down!! There's fire and there's burning, there's smoke and flames reaching into the sky ladies and gentlemen, oh the humanity! I... I really can't describe it… Wow. Well Tech, looks like you just scored yourself the Coveted BoB PotY Black and Tan, and also everyone now hates you. Congratulations!

6 [12:22 am] I.keenum takes the fight to B11 to blow up the church of Notre Dame. Wait, that's also not the real Notre Dame. How many do they have? Sorry Mr Keenum, good effort but B11 is a miss.

7 [12:24 am] MisterE spreads the doom to B8, putting a bomb hurtling down between the Audika République monument and a swarthy Algerian chap selling questionable hotdogs. Which was his primary target we will never know, but that's a miss.

8 [12:29 am] Ok, this is a good one. GrampaGrossbart takes his bomb to the far side of the map, scoring a direct hit on K11. Sure, that's good an' all, but do you know what else he wiped out? He just took out a building called 'LA FRENCH ARROGANCE PRODUCTIONS'. I kid you not, go look it up. Well played GG, I doubt it will change much, but the thought definitely counts.

9 [12:38 am] UberHuberMan takes it to C9 for ANOTHER hit! Good work Uber. The squadron have really upped their game since day 1.

10 [12:52 am] Sloppy Joe Hemingway goes on the waterfront for a K10 miss. As a nice bonus he did flatten the 'Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy' sports arena. Just typing that made my lip curl.

11 [12:55 am] Zjgilbert blows all living hell out of the Place de la Concorde in B3 and also scores a direct hit into the bargain! According to the dictionary Concorde (or concord) means ‘Agreement or harmony between people or groups'. Hahahahaaha! Take that, harmony.

12 [1:03 am] EC Outlaw bombs B12 and takes out another Notre Dame. In fact, that was two Notre Dames in that sector alone. Honestly these frenchies are really getting on my nerves with their Notre Dame fetish. That's a miss.

13 [1:07 am] Rob_In_MO goes for a riverside bombing of A8, totally wiping out ‘Bob's Juice Bar'. I can only assume Rob had his reasons. That's a miss.

14 [1:13 am] No target is off limits for Kaiser83 either, as a miss at I11 proves when it wipes out St. Simon's Hospital. That's cold Kai… well done!

15 [1:32 am] Not to be outdone, Cigar2you hits the Clinique du Mont Louis at E11. It's getting a bit brutal tonight guys! That's a miss.

16 [2:38 am] Gravel heads over A9 for his run, and seeing nothing below him but innocent civilians, pushes the button. That's a miss, and there goes the neighbourhood.

17 [3:15 am] Roogles enthusiastically flies to L6, which was bombed by Blackhorse earlier. Undeterred, he redirects to L2, which was bombed by DrT999 earlier. Chewing his pipe and muttering, he redirects again to J2, which was bombed by taharris earlier. Thwarted, he heads for home, possibly saving his payload for his fellow pilots.

18 [6:34 am] George Kaplan take a direct route to the corner of the map, peaceful A12. It's a miss, but George fixed that whole peaceful thing.

19 [1:35 pm] Finally! Thank you Dave_In_Philly. G7 is a miss, but at least you took out the real Notre Dame, that'll fix their wagon.

20 [5:15 pm] Idbowman brings out the last bomb for B9, it's a valiant effort but only amounts to another miss.

Bombs deployed: 19 / 20
Missed: 14
Hit: 5
Targets Eliminated: 1
Coordinate backups used: 4

That wraps up day three of the operation, and interestingly most pilots are avoiding the known lower tiers in favour of hunting down the top dogs, boy you guys must really hate Capricious and Destiny. Speaking of which, Capricious is down, slain by Tech2576, congratulations Tech, take the black and tan on your way home! Don't be downhearted guys, Destiny still awaits the Squadron…

The target board currently stands as follows:

parisday3.jpg
Day 4 Bombing is now open, good Luck!

All hail Tech2576! Well done!

16 [2:38 am] Gravel heads over A9 for his run, and seeing nothing below him but innocent civilians, pushes the button. That's a miss, and there goes the neighbourhood.

I'm brutal.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :lol:

I cannot believe this!
Thanks to Greyson for setting this up and all who donated prizes!

Gentlemen and lady, there is still business to tend to. Destiny remains on the loose.
Do the squadron proud and hunt down Destiny!

Good luck, tech signing out!

Nicely done, Tech!!!!

Personally, I can't help but feel a small flush of pride at ding my part to curtail La French Arrogance, though something tells me there's another production facility or two in the city...let's find it, lads!

Thanks BH, I still can't believe it. This pipe will be a treasure that I will not part with.

Shock and Awe on the opposite end of the mission this run!

Congrats tech!!!!!!! The TINSKY!! That is sweet.

Your were right Greyson. You said from the very beginning you wouldn't want to miss this game!!

???????

Nothing to say really....I just wanted to make you click on the thread :twisted: