Operation: Capricious Destiny

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
idbowman":rs0jsrly said:
I swear, every time I send out my co-ordinates, I can already hear this echoing in head:
Thats odd, every time I receive the coordinates I hear this

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BZTiRdcURuI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Ok then, ceasefire on day 5, please wait for the target board before sending your picks!

Please forgive the abridged version of tonight's post, I've been a bit pressed for time.

DAY 5 COMBAT FEED
1 [12:07 am] Gravel heads to F5, good effort, but that's a miss.

2 [12:10 am] Stalwartly pursuing Destiny, EC Outlaw attacks H9… but it's a miss.

3 [12:10 am] taharris continues his hot streak by heading to B2, excellent hit!

4 [12:14 am] i.Keenum tries H9 but EC beat him to it, he redirects to A5 for a miss.

5 [12:19 am] Today scotties22 feels B5 is the lucky spot, sorry Scotties, that's a miss.

6 [1:27 am] zjgilbert goes for G9 in a valiant search for Destiny, but that's a miss.

7 [1:35 am] roogles carpet bombs J9, but I'm afraid that's a miss.

8 [1:39 am] MisterE also wants a piece of H9, but is forced to redirect to H10 for another miss.

9 [1:56 am] Well well. Spot the treasure hunters today! GrampaGrossbart goes for sector A4 and brings home another miss for the squadron.

10 [2:07 am] idbowman goes for a sneak attack on L8, that's a miss I'm afraid.

11 [2:32 am] Sloppy Joe Hemingway ensures I'm not hiding anything next to that destroyed factory, H2 is no longer a hiding place for destiny with that miss.

12 [4:57 am] UberHuberMan takes F10 off the board with a miss, but where oh where is Destiny hiding?

13 [6:21 am] George Kaplan assaults E1, perhaps mournful that he can only blow up the Eiffel tower once. E1 is a miss.

14 [6:46 am] Fishfuzz finishes off the day with a redirection from F5 to F8 where he hits and kills a 3square manufacturing plant! Congrats FF, you net yourself a seat in the winners circle!

Bombs deployed: 14
Missed: 12
Hit: 2
Targets Eliminated: 1
Coordinate backups used: 3

Well, day 5 is over and in the books, one kill went to Fishfuzz but most of the remaining pilots seem to be very keen on locating Destiny… well, good on them, there are not many places left for the poor fellow to be hiding. Though the squadrons numbers are now starting to get noticeably whittled away... Will day six be the day he meets justice?

The target board currently stands as follows:

parisday5.jpg
Day 6 Bombing is now open, good Luck!

Bombs away! I'm dropping this payload on some guy scurrying across the street down there. He's either Destiny or a mime. Either way, I win!

Attention please squadron: I can confirm at this time that there will be no further days of bombing. In the last set of raids in day 6, all remaining targets have been eliminated. That's right, Destiny has fallen.

I am just going out, so I'm afraid I cant provide full details at the moment, but I'm sure you wont mind waiting to hear which of you has won the Coral carved PotY. TTFN!

Greyson":mgg615q1 said:
Attention please squadron: I can confirm at this time that there will be no further days of bombing. In the last set of raids in day 6, all remaining targets have been eliminated. That's right, Destiny has fallen.

I am just going out, so I'm afraid I cant provide full details at the moment, but I'm sure you wont mind waiting to hear which of you has won the Coral carved PotY. TTFN!
Boosh! Time to see if my Numberwang skills paid off! Something tells me my bid for D-eleventy was a hard miss...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qjOZtWZ56lc" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For serious, though, a hearty huzzah to Greyson for putting this together--a real blast! And many congrats to all the winners, and given the target of this operation, I think we can all count ourselves as such!

DAY 6 COMBAT FEED
1 [12:00 am] scotties22 B7 Miss
2 [12:03 am] EC Outlaw I1 miss
3 [12:04 am] MisterE B1 Hit and kill on a 3 square target!
4 [12:25 am] Gravel B1 redirected to D7, miss!
5 [12:36 am] taharris B1 redirected to K7… BOOM! There goes Destiny folks, and taharris nailed him! The second pipe, and the last prize goes to Mr Harris, congratulations sir!

The game is over, but for the purposes of their combat records, here are the other shots of the evening:

6 [12:58 am] GrampaGrossbart L1, miss.
7 [12:59 am] UberHuberMan, G5 miss.
8 [1:48 am] i.keenum J4 miss.
9 [2:03 am] idbowman B1 redirected to C12 miss.
10 [2:06 am] Sloppy Joe Hemingway I1 redirected to E8 miss
11 [2:32 am] Roogles I7 miss.
12 [3:29 am] zjgilbert B1 redirected C3 miss
13 [6:27 am] George Kaplan L1 redirected to I4 miss.

Bombs deployed: 13
Missed: 10
Hit: 2
Targets Eliminated: 2
Coordinate backups used: 6

The final board looks like this:

parisfinal.jpg

Squadron combat records (Hits, misses, redirects and kills):

Tech2576
H:2
M:1
R:1
K:1

Idbowman
H:0
M:6
R:2
K:0

EC Outlaw
R:0

Kaiser83
H:1
M:3

GrampaGrossbart
M:5

Blackhorse

Roogles
R:3

Gravel

Rob In MO
M:2

DrT999

I.Keenum

Fishfuzz
H:3

ZJGilbert

George Kaplan

S.Ireland: MIA

Mozjo33

TA Harris
H:5

Sloppy Joe Hemingway

Scotties22

MisterE
H:2

Dave in Philly
M:4
R:3

Cigar2you

Uberhuman
K:0​

Special Awards!​

TOP GUN AWARD
bobtg.jpg

The Top gun award goes to none other than TA Harris, scoring an insane 5/6 hits with one kill on a pipe of the year. Goddamn! Way to go TA!

GOLDEN TURKEY AWARD
15337157.jpg

The Golden Turkey Award is prestigiously awarded to those who tirelessly showed up every day despite having zero luck. These pilots have a special place in our hearts for maintaining good morale and helping the squadron better target their bombs. Our prestigious pilots are: Scotties22, Sloppy Joe Hemingway, George Kaplan, I.Keenum, Gravel, Idbowman and EC Outlaw. Turkeys, we salute you!

FREQUENT FLIER AWARD
75515150.jpg

The frequent flier award is given to the pilot who was redirected most often in the campaign. Although Dave in Philly was close, this award has to go to Roogles, for having a catastrophic day in which he was redirected on every single one of his targets.​

Seriously though guys, thanks for everyone that participated and helped out with donations, ideas and time. This idea could have been a big flop but the usual BoB friendliness everyone brought to the table really made it work. Good work bombers, way to go BoBcats!

Congratulations, Harris!

Thanks for setting this up. It's been a lot of fun! :D

Grats to Todd, you dirty som.... :) I mean congratulations.

Thanks for hosting greyson, was a pleasure to play and have my wife roll her eyes at me as I rush home to check the results all week. To who brandished then prizes, you are a men among men and thank you.

Grats Todd!

/shakes fist as MisterE. :lol:

Thanks for hosting this Greyson!