Peterson Spigot Pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have several basic Peterson pipes that I have enjoyed. I received the XL315 Spigot and to my surprise it is turning out to be exceptional. I’ve never purchased two of the same pipe. Has anyone else had this same experience? Blessings to all. Fox

I have a couple of times. Bought a a Stanwell Brushed Black pot on sale for $40. Smoked so good I bought a 2nd one. Got a Lorenzo Old Vic giant off Ebay. Liked it so much I got a 2nd one. And, I have 2 Pete system B42s, one fishtail and Plip. And I may just buy a 2nd Sav Hercules 606EX. Lol.

Years ago I bought a little Lorenzetti Avitus, I used it to death. Last year I was able to find a replacement and purchased it. Very glad I did. It's not madness. After all, people will buy the same make and model of a car or an appliance or an article of clothing, why not a pipe? I always have several MM legend cobs around. They are inexpensive but I like the way they smoke so I keep them handy. If something works, don't fix it and if you want another, get it.

Attachments

• Lorenzetii Avitus 84.jpg
    Lorenzetii Avitus 84.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
If you like it, go for it.

My feet are fussy on what they wear. I've often bought several pairs of shoes when I find a good pair just because they're generally not available when I want to purchase them again in a few years time.

I have several basic Peterson pipes that I have enjoyed. I received the XL315 Spigot and to my surprise it is turning out to be exceptional. I’ve never purchased two of the same pipe. Has anyone else had this same experience? Blessings to all. Fox
I have three Petersons, and two are p-lips. Frankly, I don't smoke them as often as I could, since I don't like p-lips at all. The one fishtail I have, a 53, is much more to my liking. I have more than 15 Savinellis, and they are my "go-to" smokers for the most part. I have to use a partial on my lower jaw, and the p-lips make holding a mouthpiece difficult.

I've got about half a dozen Peterson's because I've always been impressed with how they smoke. I think the closest I have to 2 of the same would be my SMS meers, which are still different. Unless we're counting cobs.

Now, I did buy an estate Peterson prince shape a couple years ago that I dated to around 1945. It's similar in size to the Peterson junior line and I've considered getting the same shape in a modern version so that I would have 2 of the same pipe, but produced nearly 80 years apart. One of these days I'll take measurements and purchase whatever is closest to compare.

I acquired two Peterson 301 systems, one I purchased long ago, another I got in a group of estate pipes. I moved one of them because I'd rather have another of a different shape. That said, now that I think of it I have four 106's: a saddle stem and a tapered stem Donegal Rocky, a smooth Shamrock and an ancient smooth with all the lettering worn off, a bowl that's been over-reamed and is cracked at the back (which I dearly love). What can I say; I like billiards :) . But to each his own, for sure.