Pipe crate

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A new member cannot post links for a time. That helps to control spammers. I honestly do not know what kind of time period or number posts must happen before links can be posted.

I could have approved the post. However, a new member, posting a link to a subscription service I never heard of. I erred on the side of caution. I encourage seckeymaker to keep posting and get to know the community and for us to get to know him/her.

The link. A search will turn up the website easily. I see little information on the website. Perhaps more information appears once an account is created. I'll never know, because the way it is set up currently, I do not trust it. Maybe, as more information comes out, that may change.

I urge caution. Too many scams out there. If long time members know more about this. Let us know what it's all about.

thanks for the heads up. I'll avoid and wait for direct information and whatnot.

Well if you fool around on the website, you get a little more info. There is some kind of booklet that comes in the crate. Might be interesting. Major credit cards and payment methods. At least there is that. Perhaps as time goes on, more information will appear.

Here is a bit of detail. Looks like a monthly subscription that sends out several pipe blends in a cardboard box. Looks like they print up a little booklet that has info about the blends, etc. I didn’t look at the prices but several reviews that I read commented that they thought it was pricey for what they received. I doubt I’d be interested.

IMG_7424.jpegIMG_7423.jpegIMG_7422.jpeg

ah, one of those deals. I thought it was going to be some kind of traveling gear or for storage. Took it too literally. Makes sense. The wet shaving community has these, and I've found some similarities with boutique and small batch soaps to what is happening with tobacco. There are also a couple of Japanese outfits that have similar subscriptions for food, candy, tea, etc. I'm sure they are everywhere for everything.

I stumbled across their webpage a month or two ago but had never heard of them before that. I don't think it's an outright scam but the prices were not realistic at all, I even pointed it out to my wife to avoid in case she thought it would make a good gift idea in the future. She got me a monthly cologne subscription last Christmas, so I was just covering my bases lol.

I just looked again and they're charging:
-$33/month for 1oz. of 3 different "premium" bulk tobaccos or,
-$50/month for 2oz. of 2 different "premium" bulks and one tin of "premium" tobacco.

And, that price doesn't even include shipping!

Call me a pessimist but instead of actually contacting some blending houses to get you some interesting/unique blends, scarce bulks that never seem to make it on the shelf, and a tin of the next "small batch" release a month early. They're trying to charge you $50+ for the equivalent of 4oz. of 1-Q and a tin of whatever pipes and cigars had on sale last month....

They're trying to charge you $50+ for the equivalent of 4oz. of 1-Q and a tin of whatever pipes and cigars had on sale last month....
That's the conclusion I came to as well, it'd be nice to get my tobacco automatically shipped to my house, but the price is too high and you lose the variety of choice you have in tobacco shopping.

That's the conclusion I came to as well, it'd be nice to get my tobacco automatically shipped to my house, but the price is too high and you lose the variety of choice you have in tobacco shopping.
Ya, I'm pretty sure I have seen "auto-ship" options on a few different tobacco retailer.

Lately I've been trying the "pipe tobacco compare and share" at tobaccopipes to try stuff I wouldn't normally buy. It's $8 for two 1oz. samples but I've gotten stuff like capstane in it so it's definitely a good deal... Except now I'm ordering from them every month, which was definitely their plan all along 😆

I guess they're responding to the "that's too d@mn high" comments by offering free shipping. I guess it's a good thing if you just want to get a surprise in the mail every month.