Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not my personal style, but really nicely done. Soft styling, plenty of motion and energy captured in poise, delicate-looking but obviously sturdy. :D I am kind of digging, the more I look at it, the Lovat, though.

You do some FANTASTIC blast work! That Lovat takes my breath away !! :p

John, Kirk, Kyle, Monbla256,
thanks for your words!
Last year I did pay much attention to sandblasted finish in deed.

1216 Sandblasted Full Bent

800dsc10.jpg

800dsc11.jpg

800dsc12.jpg

800dsc13.jpg

800dsc14.jpg

800dsc15.jpg

It`s time of freehand!

1306 Smooth Freehand Reverse Calabash

1306-110.jpg

1306-210.jpg

1306-310.jpg

1306-410.jpg

1306-510.jpg

1306-610.jpg

1306-710.jpg

1306-810.jpg

1306-910.jpg

Thank you for your opinion in advance!

I like the billiard more than the freehand; the latter, for my tastes, is overdone, too many angles in a too novel shape. On the other hand it has ample geometry and overall balance. The billiard is more or less a straight but has enough curvature of the shank and stem to add interest. It's very well done.

More great work... your wild stuff is truly wild, artful and well done, and your classics have a "modern flair" but still keep it simple. Please, keep posting pictures of your work, if anything. :) Eye candy.

alfredo_buscatti":fc7rkzfi said:
I like the billiard more than the freehand; the latter, for my tastes, is overdone, too many angles in a too novel shape. On the other hand it has ample geometry and overall balance. The billiard is more or less a straight but has enough curvature of the shank and stem to add interest. It's very well done.
Alfredo_buscatti,
I do understand your opinion about the freehand, because it is really uncommon and varied pipe. And it is a pleasure that you caught its geometry and saw the balance. Thank you for your criticism against the freehand as well as the kind words about billiard.

Kyle Weiss":mqd7o18l said:
More great work... your wild stuff is truly wild, artful and well done, and your classics have a "modern flair" but still keep it simple. Please, keep posting pictures of your work, if anything. :) Eye candy.
Kyle,
I like your expression about the classics: “modern flair”! It sounds very beautiful. Thank you!

Hello Everyone!
May I bring to your attention two more pipes?

The first one:
1206 Sandblasted Tomato

dscf1410.jpg

dscf1411.jpg

dscf1412.jpg

dscf1413.jpg

dscf1414.jpg

dscf1415.jpg

.... and the second one:
1207 Sandblasted Tomato

dscf1416.jpg

dscf1417.jpg

dscf1418.jpg

dscf1419.jpg

dscf1420.jpg

dscf1421.jpg

Thank you!

Last two pipes are gorgeous. I love how the stain stays within one color but accents itself with variations of that color.

I'm very impressed on the artistry and design of the freehands. They aren't my style but are things of beauty.

The classic shapes are rendered flawlessly. Again, I'm very impressed!

8)

Cheers,

RR

Wow, some fabulous work. I particularly like this classic shape from your archives:

mn10i3-1.jpg

I see from your website the vendor partners who sell your creations, those are some very fine shops (Quality Briar, etc.). It was interesting to read your bio as well. Thanks for sharing your pieces here!

This detail about your work, from the Quality Briar site says a lot about your work:

When was the last time you came across an upcoming artisan that polished his tobacco chambers and draft holes to a near mirror finish? This is usually a detail we associate with the four and five figure pipes coming from the very best carvers working today.
I noticed the interior treatment of the bowls but forgot to mention that detail. Outstanding work.

m.nazarenko":mae2zpb6 said:
It`s time of freehand!

1306 Smooth Freehand Reverse Calabash

1306-110.jpg

1306-210.jpg

1306-310.jpg

1306-410.jpg

1306-510.jpg

1306-610.jpg

1306-710.jpg

1306-810.jpg

1306-910.jpg

Thank you for your opinion in advance!
I could spend a lot of time looking at this!

alfredo_buscatti":8z6wxif5 said:
Last two pipes are gorgeous. I love how the stain stays within one color but accents itself with variations of that color.
alfredo_buscatti,
Thank you! You always take notice of what I wanted to express in my pipes and it is the highest praise for me.

RR,
Thank you for your kind words!

I'm very impressed on the artistry and design of the freehands. They aren't my style but are things of beauty.
It is very important to be complemented by a person who prefers the pipes of another style.

The classic shapes are rendered flawlessly. Again, I'm very impressed!
I began my “pipe-making- way” in 2008 with making the classic shapes. And now I come to the conclusion that the classic shapes in which one can identify the minimum of lines are the hardest but the most interesting to render. I love to make classics very much.

riff raff":5pl4ws29 said:
Wow, some fabulous work. I particularly like this classic shape from your archives:

mn10i3-1.jpg

I see from your website the vendor partners who sell your creations, those are some very fine shops (Quality Briar, etc.). It was interesting to read your bio as well. Thanks for sharing your pieces here!

This detail about your work, from the Quality Briar site says a lot about your work:

When was the last time you came across an upcoming artisan that polished his tobacco chambers and draft holes to a near mirror finish? This is usually a detail we associate with the four and five figure pipes coming from the very best carvers working today.
I noticed the interior treatment of the bowls but forgot to mention that detail. Outstanding work.
riff raff,
Thank you! I do pay much attention to engineering of a pipe in deed. As for me, it is not less important than a shape and a finish of a pipe. I am completely persuaded that my client must get the maximum of my talent for his/her money.
Thank you very much that you spent your time and paid a lot of attention to my work.

Harlock999":2g1i9pyu said:
I could spend a lot of time looking at this!

Harlock999,
Thank you! One of my goals is giving some joy to people. So, if you have got aesthetic pleasure looking at that freehand, it means that it was made not for nothing.

"Not my personal style, but really nicely done. Soft styling, plenty of motion and energy captured in poise, delicate-looking but obviously sturdy. Very Happy I am kind of digging, the more I look at it, the Lovat, though."
DITTO!
Beautiful work, stunning in fact!
Thanks or sharing.

pepesdad1,
Thank you! I will keep on sharing...

...right now three more pipes.

the first one, Smooth Billiard:

16036713.jpg

16036714.jpg

16036715.jpg

16036716.jpg

16036717.jpg