Pirate's Booty! One Hundred Pieces of Treasure!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why couldn't the young boy go see the pirate movie?

A:it was rated AARRRR!!!

Blackhorse":k7f17vwj said:
Why NO! Not at all! It be...HONOR SMEE with a humorous tale, sort of, Day.
Oh, aye, Captain! Thank ye, Captain!

on the booty list thread number 33 says MacBaren HH Anniversary Kake? Is this listing accurate? or is that a hearth and home blend?

I haven't gone through the pile in detail yet, will do tomorrow or Wednesday. I know there's a glitch with that entry...I just put it down as it was given to me. It might be two blends. All will be corrected prior to picking.

Aye aye Admiral, I thought maybe it was an old discontinued blend or something... thanks

Looks like some interesting treasures there. This should be fun to watch!

Wilin' away the lonely watch I've been reacquaintin' meself with some o' my favorite chanteys, and thought I'd share a choice samplin' with you lot.

This be one o' the best, by none other'n that feckless reprobate John C. Reilly (aye, you know the rascal):

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SNy3R7Q9-6g" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That Rogue's Gallery it was on was a real corker, havin' classic ballads given a good going over by the likes o' Nick Cave, Lou Reed, Andrea Corr, Lucinda Williams, Akron/Family, Jarvis Cocker, Robin Holcomb, Bryan Ferry, Rufus Wainwright, Eliza Carthy, Ralph Steadman (the artist), and some gits callin' theyselves Sting and Bono. What kinda self-respectin' seadog calls hisself "Bono," I ask ye honest?

Anyway, they done pushed a second album out to sea, and this one the good folks at Anti put up for the takin' on youtube. This'uns got that Jack Sparrow character, plus a duet 'tween Tom Waits and Keith Richards, as notorious a pair o' brigands whatever sailed the seas o' debauchery!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3UvEKdehBrw" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tis music night on the good ship Venus!

All pipes now have photos, note that the last one is not listed under pipes, but is included in the accessories category. Of course, it makes no difference as all booty will be under an open draw rule.

ALL PIE-RATS PLEASE NOTE:

1. All items have been written into the master list at this point. I have somehow left four items off the 'accessories' list and without doing a tedious item by item cross check I'd like to ensure my list is complete.

Please go to the thread that lists the 100 items and read down the list of accessories? If you note the items you donated, you can relax and go back about your business. One of you, however, will likely discover three or all of your items missing from the list. I'd like that person (and ONLY that person) to PM me listing the items missing. NO NEED TO PM ME WITH A 'J NE ARE ALL THERE' notice.

Thanks.

2. Group photos have been taken of the accessories and will be posted up later this evening or tomorrow a.m.

3. I will do a final item by item cross check tomorrow or Thursday to pave the way for smoothe sailing during the BIG BOOTY PICK OFF.

4. Final posting of guidelines for PICKING PROTOCOL will go up Friday morning with picking starting right on target at 9 a.m. Saturday, Pacific...which is Noon, Eastern.

5. Like the practice runs, we will be drawing in rounds of 10, Adjusted Random Order. Each man gets one pick per round then we reshuffle the order and go again till all items are gone.

6. 'Adjusted Random Order', you ask? Heh, heh! Easy! On the first, and only the first round, I get to slide my name into first pick. It's like crowding in line, a fine pirate tradition! Thereafter, I will pull my name and put it last in line, batting clean -up. Any man Jack o'the crew what complains about this will be shot immediately, if not sooner.

7. I am going to ask Mr. Smee to provide ten random name lists for me, sent via PM.

8. Last item on this list is that NO ONE will be allowed to state a pick prior to their turn...as several have done in each of the practice runs. In other words...no posting that you have to run out to buy baby diapers before the big game starts and if Mr. Growley picks #3 then you want #99, etc. Wait yer turn. If you don't, it'll be considered crowding and you'll go to the end of the line.

9. There's some nic loot here, gents. And some nice loot has already been given out. This is going to be a fun time for all.

10. All fer now!

I am going to ask Mr. Smee to provide ten random name lists for me, sent via PM.
Aye, Captain! You'll have them by end o' business Thursday (hopefully before)

Yeah. Just a 1 - 10 list that I can copy and paste. Simple n clean.

Thankee, Mr. Smee.

And would you hand me that velvet case yonder, the red one...with my 10" cleaver attachment, if you please?

OK men...we're pretty much ready here at Booty Central. I've been puffing up a storm in front of a crackling fireplace (smoke evac procedure #3) using my gifted Irish beauty, filled with one of my recent heart throbs...Esoterica Ramsgate. Delightful stuff!

All items have been recorded, cataloged and in the case of tobacco items, marked with their catalog number. Pipes and Accessory items have not been submitted to the evils of the Sharpie, which should clue you to the fact that when you're stating your picks you need to fully name the item you're pickin'!!!

And remember...all items are open for pickin' from the get go.

I'll try to get two group photos of the Accessory Items up by this evening. Note that all items are not in the photos...I've added a few choice picks from my Cave of Wonders, so pay attention! When all picking rounds have been completed any remaining items will be absorbed into the collective here at Booty Central, whatever they may be.

I gotta say that if there was ever a time I've felt like taking it on the lam, this is it! lol This is absolutely a hoard to go down in history!

Picks start Saturday morning. PLEASE BE CLOSE AT HAND!!! I don't want this to go on through the weekend and there may be a time limit within which picks must be made...if you're not here you might get dropped to the bottom of the current round so that other guys don't have to sit by their computers waiting for extended periods of pee pee dancing.

More news if and when.

Most items are now enumerated on the Booty Thread. A couple of additional tobaccos should be added to the bottom of the list tomorrow.

Scroll all the way down through the photos. The last 3 pics are the Accessory Items.

OFFICIAL GUIDE TO BOOTY PICKING!

1. First and foremost...this is a fun event...no trolling, though with this bunch I can't see that it would be a problem, I sort of have to say it.

2. Picks start Saturday morning here on this thread. All picks must be posted here!!! YOU ARE EXPECTED TO BE LOGGED IN AND READY TO MAKE YOUR CHOICES AS YOUR TURN COMES UP!!! No one wants this to go on through the weekend. You are also expected to know how this works and to do your part to ensure everything goes smoothly.

3. Picking will go in ten rounds...ten picks per round...one per pirate crew member. The picking order will be posted prior to each round after all picks in the current round have been made. It will be done just like the prior two 'practice picks' - so you should all know what to do. It's REALLY pretty darn simple.

4. There will be no 'pre-picking', no proxy picking, no..."I'm two down the line and need to step out, so if A isn't picked I want that, but if it is then I want B"...etc. Wait your turn then state your pick.

5. There will be a time limit enforced! Members are allowed one hour to make their picks. If their pick is not made their name will be dropped to the bottom of the current round, as last. If they do not log on and post their pick I'm fairly sure that every post will have a time stamp on it, so we'll go by that as the official clock. Members will not just barge ahead if someone is late, etc. I will be here and give the go-ahead, so as to make it official...that way it's my responsibility, not yours.

6. I will be trying to put your choice in your mailing boxes, which are all ready.

7. You might want to have a printed copy of the Booty List hand to cross things off as they are picked. If someone makes a mistake and picks an item already gone I will inform them of that and they can pick again. I will also have the other thread up and running. I will try to mark off items that have been picked by typing the person's name in front of the items as they are selected. Give me a little time to make these notations...or keep your own 'Pick Roster' or whatever, as suggested. It will help!

8. All items are open for picking from the first. Pick what you want...a pipe, some tobacco, and accessory...whatever!

-------------------------

Picks begin at 9 a.m. Saturday Pacific (Noon Eastern)

It turns out that I just happen to be the first pick (it's good to be the king) and will start things off. I will post the picking order prior to my making my choice.

After the first round I have opted to go in last place in each of the successive rounds...just to be fair to everyone.

-------------------------

Items just might be added right up to the start of the first round...so pay attention to the master list on the other thread.

------------------------

If any of you have questions as to the nature of some of the items, ask me via PM today...not tomorrow. I'll be around. You know..."Which is the cleanest pipe?"..."What are the dimensions of that briar block?"..."How big is that jar of Salmon?"...etc.

------------------------

That's it!

Cap'n, I be here and will be watching with an eagle eye! Tomorrow is gonna be a good day :) Thank ye for puttin this all together.

Blackhorse":2ma7cs5p said:
3. Picking will go in ten rounds...ten picks per round...one per pirate crew member. The picking order will be posted prior to each round after all picks in the current round have been made. It will be done just like the prior two 'practice picks' - so you should all know what to do. It's REALLY pretty darn simple.
One pick per round, per crew member correct?