R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fight'n Hampsters

Reaction score
You have heard of the bat signal, well I would like to start the Rarely Available Tobacco Signal*. Here we can post when hard to find tobaccos become available on various sites for all to go a purchase (after you get a pound for yourself!).

to start us off, Hamborger Veermaster is said to still be available on smokingpipes.com

*This type of post is shamelessly stolen from one I have seen and used elsewhere :oops:

edit:(originator of acronym idea: cakeanddottle)

Fight'n Hampsters":saq9m2cv said:
You have heard of the bat signal, well I would like to start the Rarely Available Tobacco Signal*. Here we can post when hard to find tobaccos become available on various sites for all to go a purchase (after you get a pound for yourself!).

to start us off, Hamborger Veermaster is said to still be available on smokingpipes.com

*This type of post is shamelessly stolen from one I have seen and used elsewhere :oops:
I approve! Have you tried HV, by the by?

GrampaGrossbart":ic0u5mli said:
Fight'n Hampsters":ic0u5mli said:

I approve! Have you tried HV, by the by?
No I sure havn't but I've heard good things. I ordered tins of it yesterday so i should be getting it in soon!

s.ireland":umq2j8ib said:
FYI

Smokingpipes now has 8oz bags of HV available....
Shane have you had HV? From what you sent me I trust your opinion on VA's.

a bit pricey for an 8oz bag considering I paid 27.00 for a 8oz bag of Penzance yesterday.

Fight'n Hampsters":wzojqx56 said:
s.ireland":wzojqx56 said:
FYI

Arg! right after I sprung for some tins! It would have been cheaper in bulk...

Actually it's only about $1 less expensive than tins if I've done the math right. And yes I've accounted for the difference in gm vs oz.

Not a great savings.

:|

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":nyd8yht4 said:
Fight'n Hampsters":nyd8yht4 said:
s.ireland":nyd8yht4 said:
FYI

Arg! right after I sprung for some tins! It would have been cheaper in bulk...

Actually it's only about $1 less expensive than tins if I've done the math right. And yes I've accounted for the difference in gm vs oz.

Not a great savings.

:|

Cheers,

RR
That makes me feel better. Thanks!

DrumsAndBeer":xqnfbk8u said:
s.ireland":xqnfbk8u said:
FYI

a bit pricey for an 8oz bag considering I paid 27.00 for a 8oz bag of Penzance yesterday.
I have a bit jarred up but I haven't tried it yet... I'm sure it's good (Dan tobacco makes quality product) but its getting to the point for me that I'm not really looking for anymore great and hard to find VAs lol

DrumsAndBeer":vjlm49b8 said:
s.ireland":vjlm49b8 said:
FYI

FWIW I love the stuff but I passed, :geek: seeing as I purchased a pound of Limerick (also by Dan) from SP for $2 less then then they are selling the 8ouncer.

...Seeking Kendal Plug...if anyone has a lead...let me know.