R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peter Heinrich's Strong Dark Flake
Wessex Campaign Dark Flake

Both in stock at smokingpipes.com.

I received an email from 4noggins today with a special alert. On April 30th, Balkan Sasiene will be available for 4.75 per tin. 10 tin limit. I plan on ordering 10 tins myself at that price. Don't miss out!

d4klutz":0wn8bhhn said:
I received an email from 4noggins today with a special alert.  On April 30th, Balkan Sasiene will be available for 4.75 per tin.  10 tin limit.   I plan on ordering 10 tins myself at that price.  Don't miss out!
This is happening. Pick up a few tins if you can. ~$5 for quality tobacco? Oh yeah.

I enjoyed the one tin of Sasieni that I locally bought many months ago. I figured I'd buy some more at a discount and pick up a few John Patton blends to try while I was at it (8 oz. each of Storm Front, Cool Hand Fluke, and Oriental Dusk).

I just bought the max amount of 10 tins. Figured that if i didnt like it, someone would buy it or it would go on bombing runs :)

For you fellow Latakia lovers, Smokingpipes.com has the elusive Dan Old Ironsides in stock. Grab a free 1/2 oz sample of Pirate Kake while you're at it.

4noggins has some Old-I tins in stock as well.  :D 

Astley's No. 44 Dark Va Flake now in at smokingpipes. No limit on purchases either-

003-005-0003.jpg

http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/astleys/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=255

They also had Wessex Brigade Campaign earlier, but it went oos in mere seconds! Oh well, they'll get more in due course.

Cheers,

RR

Haha, I don't even bother with Smoking Pipes.com in stock notifications any longer. I can count at least a half a dozen times where I have gone to their site within 30 seconds of being notified only to find the tobacco in question gone. I also have experienced two occasions where I have had a long sought after tobacco in my cart and had it sell out while in the process of checking out. Now that sucks.  :x 

I am just not quick enough I guess.  :lol: 

Anyway, I still love their service and their store front, but I would like to see them improve the availability of harder to find tobaccos, perhaps with some sort of rolling in stock notification system. I would imagine that it would be pretty hard to manage though.

Ya, part of the problem is that not all of us are on-line all day to get the notifications and be able to react to them immediately. While I'm working I don't have any time for the internet so have to wait until I'm home to pick up e-mails, and by then the stock is long gone.

However when one e-tailer gets them that should mean others do as well. So checking other sites might prove fruitful.

Cheers,

RR

DrumsAndBeer":cfpnm442 said:
Haha, I don't even bother with Smoking Pipes.com in stock notifications any longer. I can count at least a half a dozen times where I have gone to their site within 30 seconds of being notified only to find the tobacco in question gone. I also have experienced two occasions where I have had a long sought after tobacco in my cart and had it sell out while in the process of checking out. Now that sucks.  :x 

I am just not quick enough I guess.     :lol: 

Anyway, I still love their service and their store front, but I would like to see them improve the availability of harder to find tobaccos, perhaps with some sort of rolling in stock notification system. I would imagine that it would be pretty hard to manage though.
Just a tip, as that has happened to me once:

Select "offline billing" so you don't have to fill out a bunch of info. That way your order is saved and you can put your billing info in at leisure, or just call. Just having it in your cart doesn't mark an item as sold - selecting offline billing ensures it's counted as "sold" so no one else gets it while you're looking for your card.