Random pic(s)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got that leather tray as a gimme a long time ago, and had it tucked away wondering what I'd do with it. Turns out it's perfect for my pipe couch, Peterson Avoca tobacco pouch, sleeve of pipe cleaners, Sheffield pipe knife, Bic lighter, reading glasses, and even an addition tin of tobacco. My wife loves it because now I don't leave my crap scattered all over the house and ask her where it is :lol:

It's a 999 flame grain, a perfect example of the occasional drop dead gorgeous Peterson that slipped under their radar and was put up for sale at under $140 (james island piper). I've seen some of their high grades that weren't nearly as pretty as this one.

Well, good score on that one, PD. I truly feel my Fermoy 80S was a true score like that, the grain is the most stunning of any in my collection, and for $100, I still forget I'm supposed to be smoking it when I'm caught staring at it. :lol:

I think a tray like that would suit me, too--I like to be organized. 8) Gonna keep an eye out for something similar.

Great shots PD!
Nice Pete, and pipe tray.
I started using and old Japanese tray that I had laying around, and it's made life so much easier.

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: 

Ever run a gieger counter over that static master? :lol:

Nice Sea Rock 8) Is that a 65?

Puff Daddy":ypxm7gvo said:
Ever run a gieger counter over that static master? :lol:

I'd be afraid to, but I'm pretty sure the plastic box I've kept it in for the the last 30 years is good enough
protection from radiation... :pale:

Nice Sea Rock 8) Is that a 65?
I'd be afraid to, but I'm pretty sure the plastic box I've kept it in for the the last 30 years is good enough
protection from radiation... :pale:

And yes. A very small KK 65, with a very tight draw... :oops:

MisterE":4k9uk40s said:
^Maybe give the Chickenfoot pipe a sweep with it, too! :affraid:
I see where you're going with this E, and I like how you think! (As usual 8) )

Or...

Harlock999 said:
Puff Daddy":3e8wfqtp said:
A very small KK 65, with a very tight draw... :oops:
I had a couple of Castellos like that, the older star logo pipes like that one. On mine, there was a considerable step just beyond the inside of the button in the stem of each of them. The airway was nice and open inside the stem from the tenon end almost to the point where the "V" in the button tapered down, but suddenly there was this step in thre that was not opened like the rest of the airway. A micro file fixed it quite nicely. I just widened and slightly extended the "V" and took that widening beyond the step. You might want to take a pipe cleaner and search that out, measure where it is and consider doing a bit of surgery. Granted, tougher on a bent. Could always be sent to Tinsky, I'm sure he'd fix that quick and cheap.

Puff Daddy said:
Harlock999":618cth7u said:
Puff Daddy":618cth7u said:
A very small KK 65, with a very tight draw... :oops:
I had a couple of Castellos like that, the older star logo pipes like that one. On mine, there was a considerable step just beyond the inside of the button in the stem of each of them. The airway was nice and open inside the stem from the tenon end almost to the point where the "V" in the button tapered down, but suddenly there was this step in thre that was not opened like the rest of the airway. A micro file fixed it quite nicely. I just widened and slightly extended the "V" and took that widening beyond the step. You might want to take a pipe cleaner and search that out, measure where it is and consider doing a bit of surgery. Granted, tougher on a bent. Could always be sent to Tinsky, I'm sure he'd fix that quick and cheap.
It's an idea, but it's such a tiny little pipe... :scratch:
I've heard of the small Castelline pipes they make sometimes, and I'm wondering how this one measures up to those.

Actually a little Castello like that is a rare treasure. I had a couple that were group 3ish, made for great strong tobacco smokes.

I think those Castellline pipes were considerably smaller, like 3 1/2 - 4 inches long, group 1 type things.

Harlock999":50921d0y said:
dsc_0056.jpg
You have some wonderful pipes H, that Dunhill is absolutely spectacular, I had no idea Dunhill were capable of making such a fascinating pipe.