Rank, Schmank

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Natch":431oxtyr said:
Puff Daddy":431oxtyr said:
If you look closely my post count is in negative numbers :lol:
I understand that negative number is not from the quantity of posts, but for the quality (or lack there of?) within? :lol:

Natch
So I'm told :lol:

puros_bran":n9bswdvq said:
mark":n9bswdvq said:
You Knox guys need to set up some sort of reunion for cryin out loud.
We did, it's called BoB. LOL
pb knows!

For those of you who don't know the history, this board came directly out of the Knox board. At one point in late 2007, Knoxville Cigar Company (the board host) stopped moderating and maintaining the board. The PM system went to hell. Notifications didn't work. Stuff was breaking, and nobody was fixing it.

Jason (Brothah jhuggett) stepped up and created BoB so all of us crazed brethren would have a place to go that actually worked. Sort the member list by Registration Date, Ascending, look at the first 100 listings, and you'll get a pretty good idea who most of the "Knox guys" are.

But nothing lasts forever...well, except change itself. Anyhow, a "reunion" isn't possible—at least not in the sense of recreating the spirit of the Knox board. The spirit is created by the people, and some of the guys that made the Knox board what it was have checked out of planet Earth permanently, some have gone away mad, others have just gone away...and some were just folks who happened to be in the right place at the right time, and somehow it all worked.

I don’t think you can MAKE something like that happen in the first place, and you sure as hell can't make it happen again. But if you have the right folks, you don't have to make it happen. It happens by itself.

:joker:

I'm kind of glad to know this is a place unto its own, with history of course.

Sometimes "old guard" forum transfers can be horrid. Other times they're a haven... I can think of several musician forums that I go to, case in point....:lol: Musicians/gear nerds...yikes.

There's terrific people here.

Puff Daddy":t7f5k5fh said:
Natch":t7f5k5fh said:
Puff Daddy":t7f5k5fh said:
If you look closely my post count is in negative numbers :lol:
I understand that negative number is not from the quantity of posts, but for the quality (or lack there of?) within? :lol:

Natch
So I'm told :lol:
Bullshit, PD. I presume Natch has the sarcasm knob on "11". When you're posting what you really want to say, there ain't anothah brothah whose posts I enjoy more.

Truth.

Why thank you Bro Vito. Ol Bro Natch was just playing off my self deprecating humor, which is welcome and much needed with the hole JT and Justpipes have left with their absence.

Ya know, if TJ had responded to that carrot I left dangling there he'd have posted an itemized list of examples with specific dates and times and cross references that cement my anti Yoda rank in the annals of history :lol:

I don't think my sarcasm knob goes down as low as 11! :lol: If I'm not yanking one's chain, criticizing, chiding, or generally annoying someone, it probably means I don't like them. I include the :lol: :lol: :lol: for those that don't know me and to emphasize that I'm joking. Among friends, I don't feel I need them.

Natch

Natch:

I've been away. I don't know most of the brethren hereabouts these daze. It takes a while to figure out who's who, what's what, and get the lay of the land. Glad to know there's no dissin' of Brothah PD. I'd just as soon not have to take a trip down the Dark Side... ;)

billmess":qp0hdee1 said:
I am posting now just to increase my post count!!!
I am a rebel!
Take that evil admins!!!!

:twisted:

Bill
Oh yeah... Not anymore...lol

(sorry, couldn't help it)

puros_bran":3h9pvqc8 said:
billmess":3h9pvqc8 said:
I am posting now just to increase my post count!!!
I am a rebel!
Take that evil admins!!!!

:twisted:

Bill
Oh yeah... Not anymore...lol

See.... They really are evil!!!!
Last night I had a nightmare that Darhorse was deleting my hopes, dreams, and aspirations..
:(
Bill

(sorry, couldn't help it)