RIPOFF ALERT!!! "KYLE BLACK" FROM TEXAS!!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spoke with my local postmaster (who I know). After first describing a pipe forum trade, he did ask me if I was nuts.....
In this transaction, he didnt think there was anything the PO could do to investigate (nor did he think they would have any interest).
Sadly, a pipe forum trade transaction is a leap of faith that I have learned to complete only with trusted members with good track records.
Perhaps Mike or Tony S have stronger cases to persue legal action, I sure hope so. Sadly they will no doubt spend more in legal fees than the goods were worth.
It sure would be tempting to have a group of Texan pipe fans look up the whereabouts of Kyle and pay him a visit at his place of work, etc.

What a JAG OFF! I seriously doubt this clown ever served in the Corps. I am a veteran and this bothers me that he has no EFFIN Morals!!

I would think "Obtaining goods under false pretenses" would be sufficient grounds for prosecution, the subsequent offer to sell these goods supporting the case if not actually actionable itself.

Don't arrest this sorry SOB he should be tarred & feathered. Justice is never done to the proper extent when dealing with scum like this.
I've been burnt once myself and it's a real disapointment in humanity. I had a guy from California who heard of my leather work thru word of mouth and ordered a archery quiver of course with all the bells and whistles beaver trim, wet formed pocket, fully stamped with a sheep horn handle knife mounted on it that i paid a friend to make. He payed me a $50.00 dollar deposit at the shoot and I made sent it to him letting him know how much shipping came to. Up untill this time i had done business this way for 10 years with never a problem selling stuff from coast to coast in Canada, US and Austraila nothing big just a hobby by word of mouth. Then this peckerhead came into the picture and 10 years later still owes me $167.00. Of course his girl friend kicked him out (the number i had to reach him) she gave me his mothers number because she new the scum sucking fag would be crawling back to her. She told me that she can't be responsible for his transactions Bla Bla Bla.
Take breath.
Sorry for the rant guys just had to vent when i read this.
To this day I allways check the participants list at any big shoot i go to, someday i'll get the satisfaction of cutting it off his back.

Yes, the thought of the name "Kyle" being tarnished is disturbing.  

I count myself fortunate that all of the dealings I have had with members of our forum have been good experiences.  It's my hope the Un-Kyle will be prosecuted through the efforts that are in process.  Too often, these sort just create a new identity and it's business as usual for them.  Thank you to all of you that have demonstrated such high standards of integrity in the transactions we have shared.  Also, thanks for the heads up on this clown.

A cautionary tale to be sure.

Thanks for posting this Dover!

nonono2.gif

Cheers,

RR

riff raff":4r5ixegq said:
It sure would be tempting to have a group of Texan pipe fans look up the whereabouts of Kyle and pay him a visit at his place of work, etc.  
Ah, Pretty close........Getting warmer!!!!!......... :twisted: 
Only difference is they have badges!!! :lol!:

Steve Fallon just posted an update on the PipesMagazine forum. It appears there has been some closure to the issue with Kyle. There is even a response from Kyle on that thread (now closed). Basically, he chose to make restitution versus legal action.

Kyle Black will not make restitution or only as little as he can manipulate to do. From his record we know he is an unrepentant thief. He will only stop if he is imprisoned and lacks the means to continue his larcenies.

I hope everyone refuses restitution and presses charges. I was un ebay this week, window shopping, but who knows when next madness will say to get serious. The thought that I could be dealing with Black or someone of his ilk gives me pause.

After reading all that has been posted on this thread it just re-enforces the true name of EBay, E-PREY . :twisted: :twisted: 

The illuminating aspect of this is that Flea Prey is the ultimate, unregulated Free Market in action.

It makes more money by letting people clog the pipe listings with hash pipes, opium pipes, magazine ads, cigar holders & Chinese rubbish, so that's what people have to wade through to find pipes.

Anybody who wants to call common rubbish "rare," "award winning," "pristine" &c. with no basis in fact is free to do so and to ask absurd prices for it, hoping to sucker a gullible new guy into buying it on trust. Replaced stems go unmentioned, ruinous basement commando refinishes abound, and flagrant shill bidding is ignored.

I hope that you people who carry on about how "the free market" is supposed to be the self-correcting optimum in a climate where morality and decency are written off as "personal opinions" and disallowed as inadmissible "value judgements" are learning something from the spectacle : the spectacle of their own instilled beliefs in actual practice.

The only winners in a race to the bottom are the cockroaches and the rats.

:face:

Yak, more, Yak, more, Yak, more, Yak, more, Yak, more, Yak, more:D :) :D 8) :lol: 8) 

See my original reply on page one. Nothing has changed to make me feel any different. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: 

AJ

Marty Pulvers":ridowc2o said:
Sept. 19, 2013. A very uplifting development has taken place since I made my first posting regarding Kyle Black and his transgressions in the pipe-trading community.  As news comes in to me, somewhat indirectly but very reliably, he has already made restitution to one of his victims, and has promised, facing the threat of jail, to pay back others.  Why I call the development uplifting is not because a few people might be getting product or money rightfully returned to them, but because it shows what can ensue from harmony.  In working together, we put a lot of pressure on a person deserving it.

I would be even happier if I thought that any of this made a lasting impression on Kyle Black, but that would be a pipe dream.  From the information I am receiving about him (which includes a dishonorable discharge from the Marines) the man is a textbook sociopath and will not be dissuaded from his path of trying to acquire easy money.  Even his girlfriend is a collaborator, so he should plan his bill paying and  other obligations (such as semi-annual dental check ups and oil changes) around the time he can be expected to spend in jails. I can almost guarantee it.  And, as he's young, his girlfriend should definitely have him regularly tested for HIV, and herself, too, for what that is worth, especially after his stints in jail.  Pleasant, huh?

And talking about girl friends and caution, her name is Lauryn Francis and she has been used by Kyle to stand in for him on those eBay auctions where Kyle himself is blocked.  Also, Kyle has used the alias Anthony Combs to transact business.  Be alert.
MP
:face: