Ruthenberg Bite Through

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bite marks notwithstanding, that sure is a beautiful pipe Carlos. And the difference between the original pic and the present one with the coloring really makes it striking in appearance.

8) 

Cheers,

RR

Cartaphilus":dentl5hw said:
Carlos":dentl5hw said:
You can kinda see the crack better.  I get the right tooth on the top of that bit and it gets real springy.  I haven't pestered Brian with it yet.  But I will.  One of my best smokers!  
It's really not that bad looking, I've seen a whole lot worse, as if a rat chewed them.
In the mean time it looks like it could be repaired until you get a new one.
Be surprised what a like epoxy and or Black super glue can do, pretty sturdy stuff.
This. Our own riff rat has done wonders with the black super glue on some of his refurbs which have been shown here on BoB.

Cheers,

RR

Thanks for the photos Carlos. The ring grain really shows through after being smoked and I can see why it is one of your favorites. Love natural finish on the bowl.

Carlos, I think that's true of most problems in life?!?

I don't clinch much, but I still use the rubber softies on most of my pipes.  I've got a pipe with a rather similar blast as yours that he made for me. 

Natch

I really hate those rubber things. I also hate those hard bits like those on the meerschaum pipes. So I chew up my vulcanite and ebonite bits. From time to time they just need to be replaced.

Carlos":o9sqvcmb said:
I really hate those rubber things.    
Yes, I also don't like those rubber things. But what can you do if a girl insists that you use it?

Nice to see what a Ruthenberg natural looks like after it has been enjoyed a lot.  I like it.  So...I have this mental picture of a Ruthenberg pipe having a replacement stem not made by Brian.  It is a disturbing picture, like a "Frankenpipe" or a poorly photoshopped image.  When you have finally chewed through the stem or broken it, you have to send it back to Brian or your soul will be imperiled.  Just my opinion.

Steve