Secret Santa 2010

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received a fancy little package on my doorstep the other day. This is my first chance to type up what I got in it.

Santa sent me some awesome gifts this year.

Santa sent me a tin of 2005 Christmas Cheer (dated 2007), a fresh pack of cleaners, a nice humidor from Cigars International, a Xikar cutter, and last but not least, a brand new Mario Grandi Pipe!. The flame on this puppy is beautiful. I'm a huge fan of the Grandi's and I can't wait to light a bowl in this baby. As soon as I figure out how to post some pics, I'll send it out. Thanks, Santa! You're the SHHH...the best!

Wow! I better go out and look around the bushes again. You guys have been some good BoB's this year. Post some pics if you can. Everyone loves looking at pics.

While we are enjoying all this semi-secret gift giving to one another, let us also keep in mind those BoB's who have had a rough year. May they have a better year in the future. Also, best wishes for all our men and women in uniform around the globe. :santa:

A good reminder Carlos. Thanks so much for handling SS this year. It was fun as always and once again I've been impressed with the generosity of everyone.

Are there still others waiting?

Yes. One waiting, his packaged mailed last Friday. Another won't be home for a day or two I think, and he will let us know. Pretty good shape I think. Postal Elves have been good to us this year. :santa: (knock on wood)

I am absolutely touched with the thoughtfulness and scope of gifts I have received from a fellow BoB. My package included...

Jarred:
4oz. C&D Bayou Morning
4oz. SG St. James Flake (08)
4oz. Gawith and Horrarth Louisiana Flake (07)

Tinned:
1 tin of escudo (no telling the date on this one, but given my Santa's generosity, it's bound to have some crystals developing!)
1 tin of GLP Haddo's Delight (08).

Samples:
Peretti's London Flake
Hearth and Home LJ heart virginia (06)
Hearth and Home Anniversary kake (06)

Let's not forget...
2 packs of Long's pipe cleaners (Bristled, and regular, always a must!).
1 cigar sampler (a box containing 7 cigars!)
A novel entitled "Rumpole Misbehaves"...
An enticing bone tamper from foreign lands (he says it might even be ivory)

...and a wonderful note and Christmas Card from my Arkansanian Santa :lol!:

I am deeply moved by the thoughtfulness I have received... from someone I have never met before! Truly this man (I know who he is, but I can't tell :tongue:) is a caring, generous, and overall jolly pipe smoker. These are not just THINGS he has gifted me, but things that have sentimental value, and things he has invested his time into.

He has included many things necessary to smoke a pipe: wonderful tobacco (aged to perfection), cleaners and a tamper, and great book to sit down with. All I need now is my favorite pipe, and a friend to share all of this with!

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

Way to go Santa! A most interesting tamper. Lots of nice goodies. I knew you would not be home for a few days. Glad everything arrived ok. We are down to just one BoB waiting on the Postal elves. Santa is getting pretty busy readying himself for all the good little girls and boys.

:santa:

Awesome job Santas! Lots of neato gifts this year. Thanks again Carlos, it has been most enjoyable.

Indeed - thanks Carlos - and thanks again to Santa, enjoying a bowl of union square in the Baki - this bowl size is nearly as generous as Santa himself and the pipe is a fine tuned smoking machine - just incredible :)

I managed to take a picture with the cell phone.

Mario grandi pipe. Cigars International Humidor. 2005 Christmas Cheer (2007). Xikar cutter. and pipe cleaners.

SCORE!

I prefer a bent pipe. Nice grain on that one. You will find that desk top humidor handy. Plenty of goodies. Good job Santa! :santa:

Hey Carlos I'm back and Here is an update for all of you!!

SECRET SANTA RSA!!!!!

It was fantastic and I thank Carlos for getting us involved in the deal!
The boys here went big.

Firstly, do not get mad bro's, with only 3 of us here it was not hard to figure out who was who!!!! :lol:

BE proud, here is an example of BOB at work on a different continent. Check it out!!!!
I was Blue Digital's SS. My wife flew into Cape Town on a field trip with her School kids. BD arranged for his wife to meet my wife at the airport upon their arrival.
This they did and exchanged packages as BD was Mudd's SS. Funny how the wives have met each other but BD and I have not yet had the opportunity to do so.
The Girls got on like a house on fire I am told!

BD got:
2 pipes one a freehand he really wanted, varoius Baccy samples, 4 tins of baccy to start his cellar: PA, Pete Sherlock Holmes, Uni flake, Chelsea Morn.
Mudd got:
a Pietenpauw pipe out the box, and a sweet looking pipe at that.
I got:
A hand made pen only to be opened at XMAS!
A fat stogie,
1 pound McClelland 2035
1 tin C&D Sunday Picnic
1 tin C&D red carpet
1 tin GLP Fillmore
1 tin GLP Embarcadero
1 tin FVF

A brilliant haul from all of us to all of us!!

Thank you BOB and a Special thanks to Carlos for making it happen for us. It has made us fell home a part of the brotherhood!!!

BOB< CARLOS AND SS are Saluted for 2010!!!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

The elves finally finished their work, so the second and final strafing run has been launched on my SS recipient.

Whew, looking forward to sitting down on Christmas morning and opening my box that Mrs Hunter has been so closely guarding under our tree.

MANY THANKS to Carlos for riding herd on this madness!! :cheers: :cheers:

Well I am sorry I didn't post this sooner (try moving your entire household Christmas week) but my Secret Santa arrived Wednesday. I am always amazed of the generosity of everyone here and especially to this Secret Santa. I have known my Santa for many years now (yes I know who you are Santa) and the generosity of this man knows no bounds. Not to mention the fact that his cellar is probably one of the best on this board. He also knows exactly what type of blends I enjoy. He took the time to pick out some great blends from his cellar while recovering from health issues. Without further ado.

2007 tin of Tudor Castle (Pipe Collectors Club of America)
2007 tin of Orient 996 (Pipe Collectors Club of America)
2005 tin of Hermit Tobacco Vintage Syrian Blend (this is one great blend)
A mystery tin that is only label S.S. "96 with a tin date of 2007. (this one really intrigues me)

And last but not least; a 8 ounce tin of Sherlock Holmes Pipe Club of Boston "Great Hiatus"

Thank you Carlos for putting this together, thank you Secret Santa, and thanks to all of you who make this such a great place to set back, relax and share a bowl with friends.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Great job by all the Secret Santas! By my poor method of tracking, all the main packages have been delivered. 2nd Bombing runs, strafing etc, I would not normally know about. If I am wrong on my count, please let me know asap.

You guys make this fun! Merry Christmas to All! :santa:

Let us not forget in our thoughts, all those BoB's who have been under the weather, our men and women in the services. May they all have some joy at least this season of the year. :santa:

Also, I should thank PB for bringing this tradition with us when the Knoxville Cigar board was for certain going to close. Pb has been been the keeper of the rules and being busy this year kept him from taking the active role. For those of us that some traditions are important, I am really glad he kept it alive. :santa:

Schwing!

Yesterday, a small parcel arrived. Inside: chrome Zippo, with the pipe lighter thang, engraved with this:

Brothers
of
Briar

This lighter even works better than I expected. More or less wind proof, and it lights a pipe WAY better than a regular Zippo!
Also, the custom engraving is first rate, it looks REALLY sharp.

Thank you, Secret Santa!

Schwing!