Secret Santa 2010

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That ol Santa is a sneaky son-of-a-gun, he delivered my present a couple minutes before I went to work.. some awesome, and unique goodies.. first off, let me say thanks to Santa (he has a spare workshop in Arizona dontcha know!), you're awesome :) next, I want to say that today has been a very interesting one.. in the part of IA I live in, we have had some funky weather.. Last year we had snow in October, this year, today was the first snow.. And man is it crazy! Drifting, wind, couldn't see more than maybe 10 feet ahead of me 90% of the way when I came home from work (we closed due to weather).. and I thought there was no way you could ever be terrified driving at 15 mph... so, needless to say, I am not leaving home till this stuff clears.. amazingly though, that jolly ol' fellow dropped off a survival package just before it got bad!

Without any further delay (I know, I know, I'm talking a lot lol), here's what the man in the red coat brought:

*One tin of MacBaren's HH Vintage Syrian

*One tin Peterson's Irish Flake

*One tin McClelland's Virginia Woods (dated 2003!)

*One two-pipe piperack

*Three La Aroma De Cuba, Mi Amor cigars (haven't tried these before, this should be interesting!)

*And last, but definitely not least, one of the coolest, most unique gifts I've ever received: a corncob pipe... with a bone shank with a wooden tip/ferrule, and a lucite stem.. On top of that, it came with a bone tamper and some nice Ashton matches

Thank you so very much Santa, these gifts are and will be appreciated and enjoyed very, very much! Have a wonderful holiday season!

Thank you Carlos for doing the work of getting this wonderful event arranged!

Best wishes to everyone for a merry xmas, a late happy Chanukah, filled with health and happiness :D

Finally got around to taking a quick photo of my new Pietenpauw - my Secret Santa gift:

PICT0536.jpg

Muddler":hywfip7a said:
Finally got around to taking a quick photo of my new Pietenpauw - my Secret Santa gift:

PICT0536.jpg
Beautiful! "Santa" has great taste, say hi to him for me if you get a chance.

Well, I think Santa has picked up all but one or two packages. So the rest are on the way or delivered.

The Brothers in South Africa have all been taken care of I think. We have seen Muddler's pipe. Really nice. I understand that the wives of Piet and bluedigital met up and exchanged packages. Really nice they could do that and visit.

I will try to follow up later this week and see where we are on shipping and receiving. Santa's often a miracle worker, but things do happen. I know one year somebody really did have a package blow off the porch and into the bushes. Was there for several days before they figured it out.

:santa:

The postal elves have taken my humble offering into custody and promised a speedy delivery.

On the other hand, a package has arrived (I'm told) from a far away part of the country. It has been confiscated by my wife who has hidden it and refuses to let me enjoy it until Christmas. I tried the perishable goods ploy, dated material ruse, and the postal claim on damaged goods time limit reasoning,,,,I'm now talking to the wall and having better luck. To my secret Santa, I've received your package,it is unopened yet but my wife is enjoying it to no end.

The sleigh with 8 tiny reindeer just departed Kansas with a package bound for parts north, far north in fact. Unfortunately the elves didn't get all of the toys and goodies delivered to Santa in time, so a second package will need to be sent on its way once it gets here from the workshop!

I couldn't stand it any longer!!!
I received several packages all w/o names, only return addresses.
Well, I finally figured out which package was my B.O.B. SS 2010 package :cheers:

Inside there was a very nice note from an anonymous Santa from Indianapolis, IN. The goodies included: 1 tin of McClelland Dark Star, 1 tin of CAO-Dan Patriot Flake, 1 tin of Benjamin Hartwell Signature Blend, 1 tin of MacBaren Mature VA (First edition run!) & an "Amadeus" pipe from Greece.

Thank You Santa :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Those of you BoB's who have wives holding your package hostage. Implore them to open the box and make sure that there isn't a perishable inside. Then they can gift wrap the package if they want to make you wait till the big day. Brothers have been known to send home made marmalade, pickled items, and other items that may require some attention.

Seriously! :santa:

Santa was good to me. I know I am hard to buy for. So much of what I like comes in bulk, plugs, and ropes. There were tins of da Vinci and Accountants' Mixture. Generous bags of 1792 Flake, Dark Flake Unscented, Sliced Brown, Billy Budd, XX Black Rope, and Mac Baren's Arcadian Perique which I have never tried. Then to help smoke it all up, a large Mario Grandi pipe and some pipe cleaners. Surprisingly I can clench the pipe. So it's lighter than it looks. Smokes well too.

Thanks Santa!

ss201010.jpg
[/url][/img]

A Santa's helper driving a red-white-and-blue sleigh on wheels just dropped a package at the door! Whoohoo! :cheers: Mrs. Hunter is going to check it for anything needing immediate attention, then under the tree it goes for Christmas morning :( . I don't mind, it will be extra fun along with the usual socks and underwear, since Mrs. Hunter does not indulge my "vices" at Christmas time. Stand by for pics and thank-you's on Christmas day.

Carlos, is that an FT-2000 I see behind your pile of loot? Very nice! I'm currently running an 897D, have been thinking of getting a 950, wish I could swing a 2000. I am antenna restricted here (HOA), can't really justify a really nice HF setup right yet.

OK, heeding the warning from Carlos (perishables) my wife let go of my package. I found a very nice christmas card, a large jar of home made sugar free peach/raspberry jam, and a loaf of ginger bread, :cheers: , Escudo, Presbyterian, a quarter pound of PS twist flake, (three of my favorites) and a generous pile of pipe cleaners. The aroma from the ginger bread demanded an immediate taste,,,just fantastic. The jam will be the highlight of my breakfast slathered on some fresh bread followed by a bowl of Presbyterian with my coffee. A thoughtful tasty gift from my secret santa, Thank You very much,,,Mark

Hunter5117":y9zvcnb4 said:
Carlos, is that an FT-2000 I see behind your pile of loot? Very nice! I'm currently running an 897D, have been thinking of getting a 950, wish I could swing a 2000. I am antenna restricted here (HOA), can't really justify a really nice HF setup right yet.

FT-2000D. Check my page at QRZ for a couple more pics. Also, check out the flag pole antennas at Zero-Five. Maybe that is a solution for you. I have the 1/4 wave vertical for 40m.

Carlos K9ZM

Well, apparently I have a package, but my lazy mailwoman didn't want to walk it to the door to see if I was home. Instead she stuck a parcel notice in my mail-box. I'll try to pick it up this evening, but probably won't be able until tomorrow morning.

Like several others, my Secret Santa is bombing me in waves. Another package arrived today from a retailer. A nice big bag of Coniston Cut Plug. Thanks Santa! :santa:

Seems things are going quite swimmingly so far - three cheers for everyone :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: