Secret Santa 2013

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been working 11 days straight and found out I will be doing a marathon session this weekend as well.  Came home and mood instantly changed!  Thank you brothers!   You have made my day!

EY6w9pU.jpg

Nice gifts from Santa Fellas! Bacon and cheese snuff is just crazy sounding! hope Santa brings me some cookies!

Sadly I mailed out my package on monday, and according to the tracking it has only made it about 15 miles from my house, I really hope they just havent updated the tracking yet

Quick update. I have not heard from three of you on having shipped. There are always a few. I have not heard yet on deliveries for 20 of you. A few of those just went out or are going out this weekend. A few were delivered a few days ago and we have not heard if they have been received. Please let me know if you have received your package so I can update the list. Even if you do not have time to post pictures right now.

Check around the porch. Check the back door. Check the weeds. Always watch the garbage men. (Nothing against most garbage men. There is a story behind that and a well-known pipe maker tells it best.), check the garage, check with the neighbors.

Thanks!  :santa: 

Mine was delivered to work a few days ago and I've been off the last few days. I'm excited to see what Santa brought me!

I'll post a photo tomorrow evening.  :santa: 

Whoa doggy I must have been a very good boy this year. Santa definitely outdid himself.

1 tin Pirates Cake
1 tin Key Largo
1 tin Squadron Leader
1 tin Capstan blue
1 tin Capstan yellow
1 sample McBarren Mature Virginia
1 sample Cup o Joes Mardi Gras

2 Cobs
1 beautiful Mario Grande free hand with a plateaux top

Pics to follow after work this evening

So it seems that the elves had a slight delay according to the elfTracker9000, but the package is out to be delivered today!  :pirat: 

I just hope that everyone else's packages make it safe and sound also!

In my haste to get my package in the mail yesterday I forgot to put postage on it  :lol!:   :oops:  I found it still in the mailbox when I got the mail last night.

What can I say.....I'm a blonde!! My package is in the mail (with postage this time) and should be delivered on either Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Santa swung my way today! When it comes to anticipation and presents, I'm not going to lie, I LOVE opening presents. I was so excited to open up my gift today. In fact, my whole family was. All five of us watched with anticipation as I opened it up.

I got some wonderful things too. Santa so kindly sent me the following:

Monica's White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies! (my kids have already asked for some)
Mama Mellace's Cinnamon Roasted Mixed Nuts (I adore these things)
Instant Hot Chocolate and Instant Cyder!
Limited Edition Total Flame Cigar and a Custom Bright Line Total Flame (I love trying new cigars!)
Frog Morton On the Bayou (I know I'm going to love this stuff)
Ten Russians (Never tried it, and very much looking forward to it)
And finally a hand written (by fountain pen) letter, classically sealed by wax.

It said something about sharing the tobacco with the kids and enjoying the hot chocolate all by myself....wait, I think I got that part wrong  :D 

Thanks Santa for a wonderful package and all the great gifts! I'm cutting this short so I can dig into the mixed nuts...

ss_gif10.jpg

Santa's duly authorized representative slid in today.  The poor old fellow crawled up my front porch, as the sky is throwing a rainlike substance that rapidly turns to a glaze.  Well, Santa did me right.  The contents of the box are some old friends, and likely to be some new ones.  

First, upon opening the parcel, I could smell something that required my immediate attention. This would be Cousin's #1005.  It's already safely jarred until I can string together a day or two of freedom to investigate its properties.  Next, a card from my Santa.  Two books, Mill River Smoke by Marc Dion, and The Perfect Smoke by Fred Hanna.  Yes Santa, I am an avid reader.  A healthy supply of cleaners, a tin of Mac Baren Va #1, several old standbys: Dunhill Nightcap, Va Woods, Balkan Sasieni, and a very welcomed tin of Dorchester.  I have also a tin of Castello Flammata to examine. Also a tin of Laurel Heights; one I have yet to try, but have had the best intentions.  Now I will.  

My apologies if the photo transfer is less than stellar.  For some odd reason, my usual server seems to be having a spat with my system.  I flipped to another just to get an image up, and assure my SS that everything landed safely.  I can always try to repost the photo in a day or two through the normal channels.  Thank you Santa, you can run, but you cannot hide...

Looks like Santa's been busy today...he's been by my place, too. Looks like he knew I enjoy tobacco in many forms - there's pipe tobacco, cigars, snuff, and some other goodies.

I'll get photos and details up over the weekend.

Thanks Santa!

Secret Santa was very good to me this year. At least, I think it's from my Secret Santa. I haven't tried to verify that fact. Maybe I got bombed again.  :shock:  Thank you very much Santa! It always amazes me that "unscented" tobacco can smell so strongly of clove, and spices. Or old ladies panties, as some would say. Great stuff!

:santa: 

ss201310.jpg
[/url][/img]

I received my package yesterday while I was at work.
Santa was apparently in Chicago for some unknown reason instead of the North Pole!
Santa gave me some goodies this year...........

1 tin of Butera "Pelican"
1 tin of Mac Baren "Capstan Yellow"
1 4oz. Mason Jar of Mac Baren "Roll Cake"
1 4oz. Mason Jar of Samuel Gawith "Full Virginia Flake"

Thanks Santa! :santa: