So based on the number of daily What are you smoking? posts

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I'm concerned, any link pertinent to a topic which is neither advertisement nor disparaging of us or anyone else (or their forum) is fine. Especially when it's posted by an active, regular member of BoB.

I will usually delete "come join us at x forum because BoB sucks" threads. Also, Most of us are pretty intolerant of drive by ads for whatever product from members with less than 30/30. Neither applies in this case.

Post away, Jim! 8)

Thanks, Mister E! Actually, I'm kind of embarrassed to post the link because I don't want to seem like I am bragging or something. But since this thread was started as a good natured kidding of me, I might as well let you fellas know about it. I still can't believe my friend undertook the project for a month, and he's kidded me about some since. Oh well... what the hell! :D

http://pipesmokersforum.com/community/threads/so-what-does-jiminks-smoke.45177/

Not trying to blow smoke up any ones backside but, as someone new to pipes I do really appreciate Jim's reviews. They provide a better understanding of the blends I have tried, which in turn helps me to not only get a better picture of where my personal taste lie, but also to make more informed decisions about which blends to try next. Thank you Jim.

Cartaphilus":k3jhtk72 said:
monbla256":k3jhtk72 said:
tslots":k3jhtk72 said:
Does anyone care to venture a guess on how many pounds of tobacco that JimInks turns to dottle every year?
Why ? :twisted: :twisted:
After 7 or more years of roaming around forums I'm still wondering why anyone cares who's smoking what. :scratch:
At least in my experience, it seems that the who's smoking what threads make for good conversation starters and great advertisements. I have bought pipes, tobaccos, coffees, and even beer based on some of the who's smoking what threads over the years. I have also made a lot of good friends from such threads.

I think you'll find similar threads across the board for any hobby. Craft beer has who is drinking what threads. Part of the point of a hobby is to share your experiences with others that have similar interests to provoke conversation and to get ideas for new things to try.

Not questioning your point of view, just merely playing devil's advocate from the point of view from someone who enjoys such threads..

Cheers,
Scott