Spinal Implant.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope all goes well. On a side note, Medtronic makes MRI conditional spinal stimulators. Hope you are getting one of those, with full body scanning capabilities, not head only!

Yeah I don't know yet Fatman.

I joined a support group for it and have learned far more than I have in the Dr office..

Do you have one?

puros_bran":mps8pfwo said:
Yeah I don't know yet Fatman.  

I joined a support group for it and have learned far more than I have in the Dr office..

Do you have one?
No I am an MRI tech :)

:cheers: Gotcha!!!!!

Well let me say this and it's not internet fluff. Thank You for what you are doing.

With one small exception the MRI folk have been the very nicest of folks I've had interactions with through all this nonsense. Your actions here on the board lead me to believe you'd be one of the good ones also.

puros_bran":zmeh1dkj said:
:cheers:   Gotcha!!!!!  

Well let me say this and it's not internet fluff.    Thank You for what you are doing.

With one small exception the MRI folk have been the very nicest of folks I've had interactions with through all this nonsense. Your actions here on the board lead me to believe you'd be one of the good ones also.
At the risk of sounding immodest, my patients love me. I treat each and everyone like a family member, because in a way they are. I am able to gain a rapport very quickly, I listen earnestly, and take their fears and concerns very seriously. My greatest moment in a day, is when I can take care of a nervous and claustrophobic patient, and get them through their scan!

Best of luck with your upcoming upgrade, PB; I hope it's 100% success from your point of view. (as opposed to your various physicians')

Wishing you well and prayers for a successful surgery PB. Good karma coming your way.

Hey Peeb,

Well, that all sounds awfully scary and terribly exciting all at the same time. It's hard to comprehend how medicine has developed in the last hundred years. I recently happened upon a first aid book published in the early 1900s and apparently the best cure for a nose bleed was to pop your feet in a bucket of cold water.

I do hope this works for you old chap. Pain of the magnitude you're experiencing becomes your life and is terribly exhausting. Here's to a brighter future full of flick flacks, triathlons and Himalayan ascents.

Good luck mate,

D.

This is all fancy techno medical stuff I leave in the hands of people who know what they are doing. One of my fields of specialty is prayer, and I will do that. Maybe I need to read the thread more carefully, but what is the date and time of the surgery? I'll set an alert on my phone and be holding you in prayer as you go into surgery...

Sept 24th 11:30 is my appointment. I do not know how long it takes. I'm thinking the trial implant can't take very long..

Hi PB. Best of luck mate. I hope it works out great and wanted to wish you nothing but good thoughts. - Tom

puros_bran":8s5a6rl1 said:
Sept 24th 11:30 is my appointment.  I do not know how long it takes.  I'm thinking the trial implant can't take very long..
It is on the phone. I will be praying for you as you are being wheeled into surgery.

TMacphersonNH":i3zambks said:
Hi PB. Best of luck mate. I hope it works out great and wanted to wish you nothing but good thoughts. - Tom
Bro Tom, you are in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Thanks guys. Don't want to hijack the thread. I'm not feeling so well but wanted to wish PB good luck. Thanks for the notes. - Tom

PB, good luck with the upcoming surgery. When pain controls your life you have to make a choice which you have done and it will be for the better. Today's technology in medicine is amazing and I look forward to your good news in eliminating your painful situation. Prayers are with you.