Spinal Implant.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the successful trial PB. Here's to WC not taking forever getting your procedure approved. All the best!

Hang in there my friend. Each day it gets a little better....but that doesn't help very much today, eh? Sending you good and pain free thoughts. It sounds like you are a real trooper and you are a true inspiration for all of us couch potatoes. Best - Tom

Good news. Thanks for the update.

A few weeks wait and you can start all over again, and hopefully be done with it.

For those following the saga.. I had an office visit this morning.

Doc was on vacation when the trial was removed so this was our Post-Op.. He confirmed that we are moving forward. Unfortunately his office is no longer strictly in charge.. St Jude's has to do the insurance paperwork and all that jive now so we are kinda waiting on them.

He did confirm that I'm building tolerance to my medications. This is extremely disturbing. I knew it was occurring but there is no solution other than take more or begin to hurt to a greater degree.

My next scheduled visit is next month. Doc hopes to have to cancel that due to surgery but we will see.

juanmedusa":yexmu2ft said:
Is the next operation, if successful, the final procedure?
No, if unsuccessful they take it out and I'm done..
If successful I'm in it for a surgery at least every ten years until I die. Just depending on how things go it could be quite a bit more often. It just depends on if the thing behaves and doesn't migrate or die.

Well then I have high wish for success and really wish for those for follow up surgeries to be close to ten years spans. I hate the idea of you getting beat up with too many repetitions of surgery/recovery.

It beats laying in misery. I don't know to what extent it will be successful.. There are people that have a successful trial but later get the system taken out for lack of success. Those that get mediocre results that never the less improve quality of life. Those that get a slightly restricted 'normal' life back. And those that go sky diving and mountain climbing.

One of my Support Group ladies posted a video of her pushing a Maxima slightly uphill... I'll settle for being able to drive it. Lol.