Spring into Action, April Bombing thread

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, and by the way Alex... you friendly firing Sum-B*tch...

I’M NOT SHARING!

Zach

(Maybe a little bit)

By jove, what an absolutely splendid show of applied air power. I say we chalk that up as a 'mission success', what say you, chaps?

...and a knowing nod with a gentle smile to Bomber Command and Alex.. Superb target selection, brilliantly executed..

Stiff upper lip Zach.  Suck it up and enjoy :sunny:

I personally want to thank all the bombers involved for blowing the smithereens out of Zach and letting me be involved with the operation.  It wasnt easy to keep something this exciting from Zach, as he is my best friend, he and Michelle are family and I honestly love him like he is my flesh and blood brother.  As I witnessed the destruction unfolding at my dining room table I saw my friend, my brother, humbled by everyone's kindness. At one point he said " I cant believe this is all for me" my reply was " Zach this is an a testament to your character and what kind of man you are, our family on the BoB look at you and see an amazing,  strong charismatic man"  I wont go in to detail, but at the same time I will not lie, Zach and Michelle have had a few bumps in the road , at times it wasnt easy for them, but their love for each other,  faith in the almighty and their family were strong enough to help them weather the storm life tossed their way.  To see my brother for the time he was over forget and let go of the bumps and bruises he has carried with him these last two months was amazing, to see that 100 watt smile of his and know it was legit was pure awesomeness.  Again everyone I tip my hat to you and thank you for taking the time to brighten my best friends life with your love, respect and thoughts of him.

When one of us suffer, the Whole is diminished. Always a pleasure to lift a person up when they have stumbled or fallen. Thanks for the help on this one too Alex, your compassion and assistance made this run possible!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: HAZZAH! Let's give a warm round of applause to Thistleoak folks!

Hear, hear!

tumblr_o5hmh0k8iA1s2wio8o1_1280.gif" style="width: 600px;height: 400px

Cheers,

RR

Lovely words, Alex. Me thinks Zach and Michelle are pretty fortunate to have you close to hand.

This forum is blinkin' spiffing.

THAT IS WHY WE ARE HERE!

(fracking cool, this is so, well, cool. I'm going to light a candle for all involved. Yup, this is good medicine, right here......)

Thistleoak":yf9gqnwo said:
I wont go in to detail, but at the same time I will not lie, Zach and Michelle have had a few bumps in the road , at times it wasn't easy for them, but their love for each other,  faith in the almighty and their family were strong enough to help them weather the storm life tossed their way.  To see my brother for the time he was over forget and let go of the bumps and bruises he has carried with him these last two months was amazing, to see that 100 watt smile of his and know it was legit was pure awesomeness.
And that right there says it all Alex. Thanks so much for sharing! And may they both go forward with stronger faith and conviction.

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR

Yeah...that’s a really good thing to hear. We can’t do everything for everybody...but we CAN do something for a brother here and there. No small amount of effort is invested in these things and it’s great to hear when we really hit the mark.

Thanks for everything Thistleoak. Stars in your crown. :king:

And...What a guy! He’s very brave to smile while his digs go up in flames around him.

Blackhorse":1pau51ki said:
Yeah...that’s a really good thing to hear. We can’t do everything for everybody...but we CAN do something for a brother here and there. No small amount of effort is invested in these things and it’s great to hear when we really hit the mark.

Thanks for everything Thistleoak. Stars in your crown.  :king:

And...What a guy! He’s very brave to smile while his digs go up in flames around him.
Hear hear! Thanks so much for helping orchestrate everything, Alex, and enjoy in good health, Zach—very sorry things have been rough but hope they get better with all due haste. *hugs*

We got a straggler...

Placed my order with 4 Nogs on 22 Apr and yesterday (28 Apr) received an email from them saying it was about to be shipped :suspect:.   6 days to ship after placing the order???  :suspect:  

Is this normal practice for 4 Noggins and should I factor this delay in for future Ops?  

I now have tracking that suggests time on target to be sometime on 1 May.  

Apologies Zach, best laid plans and all that.  Looks like you've got a nice little haul to last until Tue though...  ;)

Stick":ilvxtz96 said:
We got a straggler...

Placed my order with 4 Nogs on 22 Apr and yesterday (28 Apr) received an email from them saying it was about to be shipped :suspect:.      6 days to ship after placing the order???  :suspect:  

Is this normal practice for 4 Noggins and should I factor this delay in for future Ops?  

Apologies Zach, best laid plans and all that.  Looks like you've got a nice little haul to last until Tue though...  ;)
It never used to be (so far as I know). However, my last order from them (last month) was also delayed for over a week, because an item I ordered turned out to be out-of-stock (I thought their software prevented that). It's still on backorder, but I did finally get the rest of the order.

Hopefully this is not a trend!

DrT999":1ptlhcy6 said:
Stick":1ptlhcy6 said:
We got a straggler...

Placed my order with 4 Nogs on 22 Apr and yesterday (28 Apr) received an email from them saying it was about to be shipped :suspect:.      6 days to ship after placing the order???  :suspect:  

It never used to be (so far as I know).  However, my last order from them (last month) was also delayed for over a week, because an item I ordered turned out to be out-of-stock (I thought their software prevented that).  It's still on backorder, but I did finally get the rest of the order.

Hopefully this is not a trend!
Shipping used to be the next day after ordering. Always was when Rich ran it. Perhaps your item wasn't in stock just then Stick, but if so it should show up on the website as such!

Cheers?

RR

Thanks both.

Mindful of timescales I specifically chose the item as it was listed as 'in stock'.

Hopefully just an anomaly...

Maybe going with one of the other standard vendors would solve your problem. Maybe an email to customer service prior to your order to “pave the way” would help...explaining the time sensitive nature of the situation and that it needed to be shipped on a specific date...getting confirmation that it would be shepherded through the system, etc. And if there’s a vendor with a toll free international phone number...wow...that would be ideal.

I’m a firm believer in making a person to person connection somewhere if you need specific special service. It’s worked really well for me on a number of occasions.