Stanley Cup Playoffs start today!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the race for the Stanley Cup all things are possible. There's been some really great hockey played in the semi finals and that's likely to continue on into the finals I think.

Boy I'm not sure if someone put something in their water bottles but the Rangers really lit it up last night. So on we go to game 7 with this one.

I'm hoping the Ducks do the same to Chicago tonight and end their season, but I'm thinking they'll go to game 7 as well.

No it doesn't. Both should be great hard fought games, none of these teams has come close to giving up.

Both games gonna be rip snorters. Every game this series so far has been unpredictable. I'd like to see the Rangers and Blackhawks in the finals.

mark":oxtct19h said:
Both games gonna be rip snorters. Every game this series so far has been unpredictable. I'd like to see the Rangers and Blackhawks in the finals.  
The NHL has to be praying for that match up also. Imagine the ratings for an Anaheim/Tampa final

Well it's been since what 1967 since the original six made up the NHL and by now I'm not sure anyone but us old time fans know the history and younger fans probably don't care anyway. If they love hockey they're likely going to watch the Finals regardless of who makes it. That said my preference is the Rangers vs Blackhawks. We shall see of course.

Chicago/Aanaheim was a great series, I think the Hawks beat the toughest team they could have faced in Anaheim..I'd be shocked if Tampa beat them

I didn't get to see the game darn it. I'm looking forward to the Final, should be a great series.

The Lightening are fast, they'll win a few but I predict the Blackhawks will prevail. Too much experience.

weedsnager":yq205g4w said:
Tampa gave that one away...
They love to make it hard on themselves, no sense getting a one game lead. I still predict Tampa in 7.

Man I was yelling at the TV. Who in his right mind would think it's a good idea to try to protect a 1 goal lead against any NHL team for 20 minutes by playing nothing but defense? What the hell was Cooper thinking?

For most of 2 periods the Bolts out skated, out shot, and, minimally, out scored Chicago. What was wrong with continuing that game plan? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Anyway I couldn't take it anymore and shut off the game after Chicago's second goal. I hope Yzerman ripped him a new one for losing this one.

Tonight is a MUST win for Tampa......if they don't win tonight there is no way they can win 4 out of the next 5 against Chicago

weedsnager":adi5wvyy said:
1-1, now we've got a series
Missed most of this one, including the critical last 8 minutes. We were at a pub with friends having dinner, so I could only occasionally check the game. The real mystery is what happened with Bishop???
Looks like the triplets stepped up and helped out their back-up goalie.

I love a good mystery - who will be in goal tomorrow?

If Bishop is out, that certainly gives Chicago the edge.

I won't miss tomorrow night, in a hotel all by my lonesome, so no distractions!

Very good game last night. The very first game in the entire 2015 playoffs that I was able to watch from beginning to end. This is an exciting series. To call these teams evenly matched, would be an understatement. I think Chicago has more talent, but for some reason I have a feeling that the Lightning are going to take this series.

I agree. I am a lifelong Hawks fan, but if I had to bet my house on it, I'd take Tampa also from what I have seen in two games