taking the plunge

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petertschantz

Reaction score
Just placed my first snuff order with MrSnuff. So as quick as Royal Mail can get it here, I'll be trying snuff!

ordered:
Samuel Gawith Apricot 25g
Toque Berwick Brown 25g
Toque Christmas Pudding 25g
Toque Espresso 25g

Looking forward to trying it.

Ha Ha,

I did the same thing a couple weeks ago. Now patiently waiting for my Mr. Snuff order.

Se sure to post your findings. Solid snuff reviews are a bit harder to come by.

will do! of course after placing an order, I found several more that I want to try :shock:

guess I'll add SAD to the PAD & TAD....

petertschantz":tdbyc8rh said:
will do! of course after placing an order, I found several more that I want to try :shock:

guess I'll add SAD to the PAD & TAD....
SAD is less expensive. :p

And Royal Air mail is surprisingly reasonable. :D

DrumsAndBeer":d8w2p7u2 said:
Unless you're Kaiser. :p
Looks like you're off to a good start, Peter. That Gawith Apricot is the gateway drug off snuffs. ;)

thanks guys! I don't aspire to be another Kaiser 8)

I was surprised at how reasonable Royal Air mail was, which means I'm already putting together the list for order #2

I got the 25g tins of all of them, just because it was a better price per gram.

I'm looking forward to trying them!

George Kaplan":pv5shz31 said:
DrumsAndBeer":pv5shz31 said:
Unless you're Kaiser. :p
Don't hate on my PAD, SAD, and TAD darn it all. Just because I went lunatic style on all of it and have like 7 pounds of snuff at the house. A few more pounds of snuff and I will be good until I croak off. And 100 more pounds of pipe tobacco and I will be golden...if only JFH was still taking MasterCard darn it all.

Toque X-mas Pudding is a good blend. Has a bit of a mentholish smell to it but not menthol....maybe eucolyptus or something. It is still good. I was a moron and forgot my SG Apricot, but brought along darn Poschl apricot which isn't even half as good. Ooooohhhh....the uh....crud...hold on have to run over to Mr. Snuff and look up the name...Paul Gotard- Gooseberry is one of the collector snuffs and man oh man it is a odd kick. Not too sure if it is a berry flavor or what the heck but it is fun and very interesting. A fine grind to it, but it is hard packed into the glass jar which makes it a pain to get out. It is one to give a try. Also I love F&T Morlaix and would highly recommend it to anyone....sort of a baby powder smell to it but it is great.

Shut up George.

kaiser83":7hyigaud said:
Don't hate on my PAD, SAD, and TAD darn it all.
No haters here Kaiser83, more like sick and twisted admirers. :twisted:

SG Apricot better than Poschl? Is the SG more fruit like, or more mentholated? I remember really enjoying the menthol in the Poschl version.

kaiser, to clarify - I meant my reference to you in a "we're not worthy" kind of way :D

Be safe, I'll be taking your posts into account when making my SAD orders!

DrumsAndBeer":2di7mo7p said:
kaiser83":2di7mo7p said:
Don't hate on my PAD, SAD, and TAD darn it all.
No haters here Kaiser83, more like sick and twisted admirers. :twisted:

SG Apricot better than Poschl? Is the SG more fruit like, or more mentholated? I remember really enjoying the menthol in the Poschl version.
The SG is a pure fruit taste/smell/whatever and is epic. No menthol in it at all. I enjoy the mentholated ones for a kick in the pants but the Poschl version just lacks the full flavor the SG does. If a menthol kick is one you want I would grab the Poschl Red Bull....that'll pep you up in a heartbeat as well as clear out anything in your nose.

petertschantz":e9wiw3sk said:
kaiser, to clarify - I meant my reference to you in a "we're not worthy" kind of way :D

Be safe, I'll be taking your posts into account when making my SAD orders!
Lol no worries brother, i didn't take yours in a negative way at all. Was more picking at George for bringing me into it lol. Actually just for humor sake here is my latest facebook status:

Darrell Kaiser
This is going to be a long night, thankfully I have my friend tobacco to get me through. Tobacco...you're my best friend even if people think you are hurting me. The way you taste in my pipe, smell up my nose, or taste as I chew is awesome. You never touch my lungs and if God decides to give me cancer for using you then I guess that's just going to have to be how it is, after all he gave me 5 more pounds for eating your friend bacon and supposedly he is bad for me too. And when I get back home I will enjoy my time smoking my pipe, eating bacon, and washing yo both down with out long lost friend Jack Daniels.

kaiser, I like and respect that status!

I have fallen victim to the bacon as well, and don't mind at all.

Pete

George Kaplan":dnat2gpk said:
Now bacon snuff, on the other hand.... :x
Exactly....DON'T DO IT!!!! Although it sounds titillating it will leave you feeling ashamed for bacon and wanting something else lol.

I know I'm supposed to be shutting up and all, but I could swear there's a bit of menthol in the SG Apricot. It's not the first thing you notice. The fruit/tobacco scents actually balance perfectly, but there's a hint of a head-clearing after-shot, if you will. Maybe I'm wrong, but either way it's good stuff.

I have yet to detect the menthol in it. I don't see anything about menthol in it online, but it could be ever so slightly there. Regardless it is a nice smooth med/fine to fine snuff that is awesome. I think I have 500g of it now at the house cellared up.