taking the plunge

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The SG Apricot is so well established in the snuff world that Poschl has a blend called "Gawith Apricot". That's like if Pepsi had a cola called "Pepsi's Coca-cola". :p

George Kaplan":m2hy8y00 said:
The SG Apricot is so well established in the snuff world that Poschl has a blend called "Gawith Apricot". That's like if Pepsi had a cola called "Pepsi's Coca-cola". :p
Blasphemy!!! Like Coca-Cola is better than Pepsi in any way!!!

petertschantz":3w5gla3j said:
You are right Kaiser, not even the same class!

Pepsi is undrinkable

8)
Can an admin please banish this guy!!! :lol:

George Kaplan":3rdfuqh1 said:
Funny, I had no idea that Poschl was calling their Apricot "Gawith Apricot" due to SG's popularity. I just figured somewhere along the line someone at Poschl was having some sort of fling with some one at the house of Gawith & got rights to the name via nepotism. :p

Kaiser, I like the menthol but I am not really looking to ramp it up any. At this point I am just anticipating the arrival of my first Mr. Snuff order. I ordered Morlaix, French Carotte, Crumbs of Comfort, and Poschl "Gawith" Apricot.

Nonetheless, I now know exactly who to go to for any further recommendations. :D

DrumsAndBeer":yh6dphd5 said:
At this point I am just anticipating the arrival of my first Mr. Snuff order. I ordered Morlaix, French Carotte, Crumbs of Comfort, and Poschl "Gawith" Apricot.

Nonetheless, I now know exactly who to go to for any further recommendations. :D
That's a darn fine order brother. And heck yes, we will recommend our butts off. It is just brotherly to encourage spending on tobacco products. :twisted:

which toast would you guys recommend to start with? I'm going to get some with my next order...

petertschantz":4hhmaxx5 said:
I have a dozen brown bandana type handkerchiefs coming, so at least I'm prepared :)
I have a huge assortment of white hankies. Man those are going to look horrid.

What little I've snuffed I haven't needed a hanky.

My ancient of days Wilson's of Sharrow stuff just armor plates my nasal cavity.

well PB, I don't know if I'll need them for snuff or not, but they are handy to have around either way...

better safe than sorry I sometimes say

No. I think you do need them. Just my dry snuff got dryer. Lol. Took forever to get that stuff out.

petertschantz":oac88t7c said:
which toast would you guys recommend to start with? I'm going to get some with my next order...
Not sure, I have a couple at the house but haven't really tried them yet. Sorry i can't help with that one, maybe George has some insight?

petertschantz":wl6ogrzo said:
All of them :lol:

One way to try some different ones is the get the MR. Snuff Toast Bundle

My favorite Toast is Toque Whiskey & Honey.

All of The Toque toast are good. Whiskey & Honey, Lime Toast, Almond and Natural Toast.

Wilson's # 20 is a toasted SP

Their other toast are good as well. Lemon Toast, #21 is not as dry as 22. 22 is a High Dry Toast.

And then there is F&T - to some they have the flagship of Toast.

Gawith & Hoggarth toast has a little vinegar scent to it to me. I prefer SG's over GH but prefer any of the above over both of them.

If you are new to snuff you may find toast to be a little more challenging. Nothing that a little time and experience can't overcome though.

I would get Whiskey & Honey, Wilson's Lemon Toast because it is pretty easy to take and a couple of the natural toast either Toque or Wilson's and the F&T.

thanks slide!

I'll keep those in mind, might just get the sampler and see what grabs me.

thanks gravel, I read good reviews on the Berwick Brown and the SG Apricot for beginners. The other two I just decided to try ;-)