The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been off line for a while and just saw this. I can't think of a better way to honor Ken.
Thanks Bran. PM sent.

Didn't know Ken, but that's not really necessary...as he was a 'brother' to me here. This event not only honors him and the obviously generous code by which he navigated his life, though it we are honoring each other and this fine site.

That being said, if any of you know of someone you think might enjoy the activity, let them know this is taking place. It's heating up nicely at this point, but the more the merrier (as in ho, ho, ho, etc.). Being new here I don't know all that many yet, but I've done a number of trades already and will shoot out a few PM's with a link to this thread to make sure a few that have done me well don't miss the opportunity - if they should so choose.

I commented to a friend on another site that I've used for years that for Lent, I'm giving up being stingy! This thing will be a good test to my faith! lol

Can I get a witness?!?

I'm just sayin.. Not trying to entice anyone or anything.. But I think I'm passing a pipe, maybe two on down the line..

And I'm betting I'm not the only one that will do it.

Last call..
The train is leaving the station this evening!!!!

Bombs away...

If you got two names.. or didn't get a name..please please please let me know.

Excellent! I got a perfect match!

Pilot to crew: OK Ladies. We have a GO. Say again...GO!

Pilot to Crew Chief: Arm and Commence Loading of Bomb Package, Chief.

Pilot to Borbradiere: Initiate Targeting...Code: Collins Exchange.

Borbradiere to Pilot: Target is Locked on Long Range Radar...Release Status: Ready and Holding.

Pilot to Crew: Commencing Initial Approach Sequence Alpha. Chief...are we ready in the Bay?

Crew Chief to Pilot: Loading of Package Initiated and in Progress. Will Report When Armed and Ready.

Pilot to Crew: Secure All Decks to Commence Bombing Run. Stand By All Hands.

Bombradiere to Pilot: Target Lock is Holding. Hold On...He's doing a Squirmish* on us, Blackie! Looks like he knows we're on the way!

Pilot to Crew: OK, Stand By All Hands. Initiating Course Corrections to Compensate for Target Squirmish Maneuvering.

Bormbradiere to Pilot: Target Reaquired! Mid-Range Radar has a Secure Lock. He ain't going to get away this time!

Pilot to Crew: We got 'em Locked Boys! Chief, are we ready back there?

Crewchief to Pilot: I'm doin' all I can, Cap'n! I canna do any more! If I push her too hard, she'll gonna BLOW!

Pilot to Chief: Take 'er easy back there, Chief! We've got 'em locked. He's not goin' anywhere.

Crewchief to Pilot: Almost there Cap'n! Wait! Belay that! Cap'n, we've got trouble back here! The Bay's Too Small for the Loadout, Cap'n!

Pilot to Chief: OK, Scotty. Don't get yer knickers in a twist! We've got enough fuel to make a second run if we have to. We're fine.

Crewchief to Pilot: I'd be doin' a whole lot better if you'd get the damn Doctor outta here!

Pilot to Ship's Surgeon: Bones! Get your sorry ass outta the Bomb Package! Those are for our TARGET!

Ship's Surgeon (mumbles to himself): Dammit Blackie! I'm just an old country doctor, not a proctologist!

Pilot to Crew: Somebody! Anybody! Throw that old reprebate off the ship!

(sounds of a scuffle)

Pilot to Crew: What the hell's goin' on back there anyway?

...don't miss the continuing saga of "Bombs America". Tune in again...same time, same station...

* thanks to Sarah Pallin

Ready for the twist???

You've had sine time to stew it over.. Whatcha gonna do? How much should you give?

I have a surprise aspect of the game, anyone wanna hear it??

Depends...is your twist gonna make a difference if any bombs have already been dropped?

I didn't have anyone send to me... On purpose.. So I wouldn't have to send to anyone... for a reason .

I happen to have a pipe Ken sent me.. And more than enough tobacco he sent me......
I, and only I , will decide the "best" ( I gotta take into account alot of crap, its no fair judging a guy that started last month against a guy smoking for 49 year package for package) bomb and reward the sender with a Ken Collins pipe and Ken Collins tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.