The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is brilliant PB. Well played. :D

Brothers-

I decided not to take part in the exchange, not for lack of belief in it, but other obligations etc.

What I wanted to impart, however, is this:

This process that you all have done, honoring a Brother like this, is one of the most truly lovely things I have seen in a long time. I spend my days reading and working in the depths of human depravity, sometimes losing sight of the good people in the world. Coming home from the courthouse and reading these posts, both when Ken passed and now with the exchange... it's absolute proof that kindness, decency, and generosity remain if one knows where to look.

I am most proud to be a member of this brotherhood.

Best-
Charlie

Damn, I really hate to swell your head PB, but that's fantastic,,,,

Butthead

I need to get on the stick. I need to clean down in the cellar anyway. Good excuse to "Get 'er done!" this weekend.

I feel a little guilty for not being a part of this. Gift exchanges are probably my favorite thing we do around here and one honoring Ken is about the best idea I've ever heard. I have been so busy and away from the board lately so I didn't want to commit only to not give it the attention it deserves.

PB you are once again the man for setting this up and your little twist boarders on evil genius. :lol:

I'll be watching and enjoying this tremendously from the sidelines.

What Jason said--Wish I could have gotten in, but life is throwing me a lot of chainsaws to juggle and I couldn't do it justice.

This is really a great thing that PB is making even better. Ken's generosity lives on! Damn but I miss him though.

:cheers: Looks like it will be a memorable pass indeed :cheers:

Sorry I haven't posted sooner but it looks like I got carpet bombed :affraid: Friday night. I work twelve hour shifts :pale: Friday through Monday (plus the commute) so don't have a lot of time for mail, etc. I will post exactly what's in the box :bounce: this coming Tuesday. Just glancing at the box it looks like my benefactor really knows what I like. A pipe (Poker shape [my favorite], I think it's a Mike Brissett to boot [my favorite carver]), a box of five Oliva cigars, five or six tins of mostly English blends (did notice a tin of Orlick Golden Slices) and I think eight ounces (could be more) of Star of the East. Right now alls I can say is WOW and :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thank you so much my friend. You have done Ken proud to say the least.

Cool. Let us know the details. :sunny:

I am playing in the cellar today. Trying to decide what to select. Always good to go though the tins from time to time. I found 6 flat tins of Charles Fairmorn Dark Fired shag that all show rust but still have a seal. Be checking them all good and jarring what is salvageable. I wasn't thinking of sending any of these, just something I noticed while digging. Last one I opened, the paper liner was heavily stained. So those are not good for long term storage. These are from 2005. They were just fine last fall.

A wonderful package arrived today containing a selection that epitomizes good taste - Tins of Meridian, Exhausted Rooster, Dunhill London Blend, Astley's 109 Flake and a healthy purse of McClelland 2015 :cheers:

Couldn't have hit my taste buds any more squarely if you tried :)

Thanks a bunch brother - three cheers!

Guess I'd better get off my arse and pack a box - will take a little while to shovel the dust off the secret door that guards the cellar...

Good work so far fellas, keep it up! :D

Jeez Carlos! You've obviously got WAY too much tobacco. We, as your brothers, are here for you.

I think in addition to sending to your selected partner you should wrap up what you don't send him and divide it up among the rest of us. It would certainly relieve the evident angst of having to dig and scrounge around for the Spring cleaning thing that certainly has you by the short hairs! We want to help, faithfull in your hour of need!

So...on another note: Taken from the 'quote' at the bottom of your posts...are you perchance a LOTR fan?

As promised (since I got time to breath and relax on a day off) here is a list of what my benefactor sent me (and what a list it is):

8 ounces of Star of the East bulk
One tin of 2006 C&D Snug Harbor
One tin of Mac Barren Vintage Syrian
Two tins of Esoterica Pembroke
One tin of Orlik Gold Sliced
One tin of 2002 C&D Brigadier
One pouch of B27 Smooth Black and Gold Cavendish

A box of five Oliva Maduro cigars

And last but surely not least a Mike Brissett Poker pipe which I will enjoy for years to come.

I thank you Sir. You really did some homework on this one. You truly lived up to the spirit and generosity of Ken.

P.S.: A box is headed East from Arizona as we speak. I hope that my recipient enjoys his box as much as I know I will enjoy this one.

Nice box MikeM! I know how well you like Mike's pipes, so that should be a real pleasure to smoke for years.

Blackhorse: Yep, and fan of many things, LOTW included. Some quotes really strike me as something to think hard about. This was one. And I do have several cabinets stuffed. It's the piles that I need to sort out. Was looking for something special that I just know is here someplace. :sunny:

Gotta get my butt moving and pack my Ken-Box this weekend. I had planned to have it arrive as close to May first as I could, being the glorious workers mass celebration I'm sure we all observe?!? :cheers:

Natch

WORK SUCKS!!!!

lol.

I'm watching..

Better yet..

Kens watching...

I'm watching..

Better yet..

Kens watching...

So THAT'S what that prickly kinda feeling down the back of my neck is all about! lol

Still working over here. I've got most of my box decided but I'm still working on one project that will be included. Steel takes its own time...at least for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.