The 2012 forum pipe thread (merged and edited for clarity)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that I had time to read E's links...it's history worth reading so mistakes aren't repeated, obviously.

...it seemed at the time the BoB'folk were lukewarm and iffy only because of the price. Shape seemed to come second. So, if people are interested, two polls... one, shape, and the other, price. That will help determine who would make it. *shrug*

The T&P situation? Holy wow. That's the exact reason why the right people with the right kind of communication need to be involved. Otherwise, trainwreck. :|

Here's a quick solution - Everyone who wants a 2012 BOB corncob POY go buy yourself a cob and grab a nail. Take the nail and scratch a big letter B on the bottom, then post pics in this thread. The official BOB Cob, each one a unique customized hand carved collectible. :)

Puff Daddy":ndpype9k said:
Here's a quick solution - Everyone who wants a 2012 BOB corncob POY go buy yourself a cob and grab a nail. Take the nail and scratch a big letter B on the bottom, then post pics in this thread. The official BOB Cob, each one a unique customized hand carved collectible. :)
That was... really deflating. :lol:

I'm kind of tempted. :silent:

8)

Kyle Weiss":yq8vmlwy said:
The T&P situation? Holy wow. That's the exact reason why the right people with the right kind of communication need to be involved. Otherwise, trainwreck. :|
No kidding! The way that one was set up made it ripe for a train wreck.

Kyle Weiss":xkkynhu2 said:
Puff Daddy":xkkynhu2 said:
That was... really deflating. :lol:

I'm kind of tempted. :silent:

8)
Double post!

I'm watching this new development with interest. :lol:

Well, I'm in on this venture to be sure.
Whatever we all choose to go with this year, COUNT ME IN !

Personally, I love my cobs, and that would suit me fine. But I wonder if the idea would fade, and next year we just didnt do it.
I dont know about you all, but I'm sort of a guy that wants what I want , "right now"

Therefore, I feel , that we ought to go with a "BRIAR" this year. Hell, we ARE the "Brother's of Briar" arent we? So, my vote would be for a briar.
I also think that with Mr. More from Brigham, helping us with all of his professional insight into this matter,without trying to sway us in his direction, it would be fitting to use his Brighams.
I havent smoked my estate brigham yet, (waiting on rock maple inserts) but its just a two pin/dot, and it sure seems like a damn nice pipe in my hand.

As for style of pipe, I dont care. (but a Canadian made Canadian would be cool :D )

But, no matter "who " we choose, I am in, and I will vouch that I will handle $150.00 . Give or take a few

Mr "Brigham" Thanks for helping out on the subject here. Highly Commendable !

well, now i need to go check out those "5th ave" cobs, that i hadnt heard about :D

DustyRoundup":hdsty05h said:
As for style of pipe, I dont care. (but a Canadian made Canadian would be cool :D )
That would be fun.

Brigham - is there a pipe that you think really stands out in your offering?

I'm willing to invest time to help coordinate (trust the n00b) as well as participating in this group buy. I'd love to see this happen.

EDIT: Before I forget, doesn't GLP frequent the board as well? What if we had a BoB blend?

I have to step in here for a second and point something out. Jason Huggett owns this site and the rights to the name. This subject has come up before when someone wanted to make BOB T shirts. If you guys want to put together a BOB club pipe or anything else related to this website you need to contact him (admin) and get his blessing and ask if he has any restrictions or concerns. Take your motion up with a moderator or two and get some feedback. Follow the course that shows respect for ownership of this place. I'm not at all trying to throw a wrench in your fun and your plans, my previous post was made in jest, and I think it's a lot of fun to get involved with these kind of things. Just remember that there is someone who ultimately has the rights to this internet club.

Puff Daddy":5ppmir4s said:
I have to step in here for a second and point something out. Jason Huggett owns this site and the rights to the name. This subject has come up before when someone wanted to make BOB T shirts. If you guys want to put together a BOB club pipe or anything else related to this website you need to contact him (admin) and get his blessing and ask if he has any restrictions or concerns. Take your motion up with a moderator or two and get some feedback. Follow the course that shows respect for ownership of this place. I'm not at all trying to throw a wrench in your fun and your plans, my previous post was made in jest, and I think it's a lot of fun to get involved with these kind of things. Just remember that there is someone who ultimately has the rights to this internet club.
One Hundred percent Puff.

It's easy to put on the enthusiasm blinders when something like this gets rolling.

I entirely agree that Jason Huggett should be contacted before a project like this sets out, briar or cob. Perhaps he might even be intereted in quarterbacking the venture.

Well you can count me in if this happens. $150 is a pretty good price to me. Of course as PD suggests, lets make sure all the proper legal ends are tied up.

Whoops. Everyone got so excited we forgot this ain't our house. :lol: 8)

Kyle Weiss":3xlhn04z said:
Nah. This is just a preliminary discussion. Certainly we should check with Jason, but I doubt we will run into grief there.

Fishfuzz":68edeihf said:
Kyle Weiss":68edeihf said:
Nah. This is just a preliminary discussion. Certainly we should check with Jason, but I doubt we will run into grief there.
Better watch out, he might only approve some ungodly design just to mess with us. :lol:

Kyle Weiss":efkr76hc said:
Fishfuzz":efkr76hc said:
Kyle Weiss":efkr76hc said:
Better watch out, he might only approve some ungodly design just to mess with us. :lol:
You mean like your vibrating tamper idea?

Puff Daddy":1jt9zfrl said:

Hey! I never got my t-shirt. :evil:
Who do I call to complain?