The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DrumsAndBeer":julpagv1 said:
The Butcher has taken his victim, I am assuming the festivities will soon commence.

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t28564-murdered-by-the-butcher
Great, I was afraid we were going to have to go down the basement to find our orders. :affraid:

*checks around the Fokker* Everything seems in order and it is tied down tight! The storm is definitely building. I guess we should get back in with everyone else before the rain gets to heavy to see more than a few feet!

Attention all pilots

Looks like we have a Murder Mystery on our hands!

The Butcher has struck and has challenged us to determine his identity. This is not a task that should be taken lightly. I understand that some of you may feel a little bit of trepidation after seeing exactly what the Butcher wrought on our poor friend Josh. That’s why pilots wanting to participate in tracking the Butcher will be volunteers only.

I have launched my own investigation and I am asking for your help. As I uncover clues about the Butcher's identity I will release them here in this thread. All bombers volunteering for this assignment should review the clues and help me determine the identity of the murderer.

As an incentive for participation I am offering a reward.

If you wish to participate please do so by replying in this thread. I will start a list of those assisting with the investigation. The reward will be awarded to the member that guesses the identity of the Butcher based on the clues I will be releasing. But in order to keep things exciting, each bomber only has one guess. After which, further guesses will not be counted, so it would behoove all pilots to make it count. In the case of multiple correct guesses, I will grant the reward to the first person who submits their guess.

So just to recap:

• If you wish to participate in the Murder Mystery, reply in this thread. DO NOT PM ME.
• I will be releasing clues about the Butcher's identity beginning the 26th of October, until Halloween Day. Clues will be released at 8:00pm Eastern time, plus or minus one hour
• Once a bomber thinks he has the identity of the Butcher, they will pm me their guess. They may submit their guesses any time prior to 11:59pm on October 31st.
• Each bomber will have one guess only, after which they will be excluded from the reward.
• In the case of multiple correct guesses, the first member that pms me the correct answer will be awarded.
• The Bomber with the correct guess will receive a reward

Questions and comments are welcome.

In Other News:

Normal Bombing Activities will be occurring as normal. Orders to be issued before this weekend with a target date of Friday, October 31st.

HQ must also apologize for the sudden radio silence. Seems over the past several days I've been afflicted by the "Extremely Slow BOB Forum" syndrome others are talking about. Took me two hours to catch up on all my BOB business.

So - do those of us that already indicated we wanted to be involved need to do so again?

And - not knowing what was up, I already PM'd a guess. To ne fair, I should let that stand. So I will.

Dropping bombs on the innocent is all well and good, but this butcher's actions are beyond the pale! Count me in!

So here's our list of participants so far in both events this month. Just to clarify, If you volunteered to be part of the murder mystery before I posted the details today there is no need to do so again, just examine the lists closely to make sure I didn't miss you.

October Bombing Run:
Fatman
Blackhorse
D4klutz
DrT999
Simple Man
WarlockBob
MichaelM
PozzSka
Juanmedusa
Mejoshee
nismo270r
fsu92john
Fr_Tom
DrumsAndBeer
gravel

Murder Mystery:

Fatman
Blackhorse
D4klutz
DrT999
Simple Man
WarlockBob
MichaelM
PozzSka
Juanmedusa
Mejoshee
nismo270r
fsu92john

Blackhorse":iqwtv467 said:
not knowing what was up, I already PM'd a guess. To ne fair, I should let that stand. So I will.
Nah, that was just speculation, not a guess. You're still in if you'd like. Besides you thought I was the logical choice as Butcher. Imagine that! :roll:

Blackhorse":nn53x2o7 said:
Yeah, heh heh, imagine that.  Is that a blood stain on your elbow?

Whatever. I've already had two guys PM me accusing ME of being the butcher!
Seems logical to me. I think the Butcher and the Shadow are one and the same, or at least in league with each other. :twisted:

Okay I was going to wait to post this, because something could still go wrong and ruin the potential prize, but I want you all to know what the reward is.

THE SECOND ANNUAL JONES HALLOWEEN PIPE!!!!

Here's a progress pic I took. Should be done before it's time to give away. It is also coming complete with its own coffin case.

The Butler, in the kitchen, with the wrench!  By Jeeves I've solved it!!!    

And he'd have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids and that darn dog!

"I'm not dad yet!'Tis but a scratch!" Says I limping back out from behind the woodpile. Ocelot was able to patch me back up.

That Butcher's gonna pay!