The Curse of the Annabel Lee :::: October Bombing Run

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything packed and ready to go -- I just hope the rains aren't as hard as predicted on launch day!

DrumsAndBeer":oo9pqagp said:
By the way, someone's gonna be getting some snuff.

Over and out! 8)

Everybody loves snuff.

Bomb is secured for launch, awaiting takeoff confirmation

So we have a Bombing reported in an adjacent thread...related to this event.

In the first post, setting this thing up, a treasure hunt of sorts was alluded to. But no rules or how to win or anything was given.

Now there's a Bombing with something about finding the Bomber.

How is this thing supposed to work?

What are we expected to do?

Find the Bomber? Is there a killer other than the Bomber? Submit guesses? To whom? In the open forum? One guess or many? How does this work? When does it start? How does it end? WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON???

I have nothing to do with any of this but, from what I've SEEN a clue to whom has already been given. ;)

More than one.  ;)

Anyway...

I'm guessing it's Warlock Bob...writing bomber notes with his new TWSBI Eco using 'tobacco brown' ink...which he lists in his signature line and the ink here is likely the same and written with that very pen!!! That ties him physically to the Bombing Victim and is easily sufficient to swear out a warrant for his arrest.

Bailiff! Take the accused into custody! Or - do we hang him right here from the yard arm?

Blackhorse":3lufes9f said:
So we have a Bombing reported in an adjacent thread...related to this event.

In the first post, setting this thing up, a treasure hunt of sorts was alluded to. But no rules or how to win or anything was given.

Now there's a Bombing with something about finding the Bomber.

How is this thing supposed to work?

What are we expected to do?

Find the Bomber? Is there a killer other than the Bomber?  Submit guesses? To whom? In the open forum? One guess or many? How does this work? When does it start? How does it end? WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON???
Sheesh, BH, I know it's exciting, but give me little more time to lay things out. Now that the Butcher has struck I will reveal how the contest is to proceed to the participants this evening after I get home from work.

Make sure you check this thread at about 8 or 9 eastern time for a complete run down. Until then, keep your powder dry.

Blackhorse":4fk0u9ja said:
More than one.  ;)

Anyway...

I'm guessing it's Warlock Bob...writing bomber notes with his new TWSBI Eco using 'tobacco brown' ink...which he lists in his signature line and the ink here is likely the same and written with that very pen!!!  That ties him physically to the Bombing Victim and is easily sufficient to swear out a warrant for his arrest.

Bailiff!  Take the accused into custody!  Or - do we hang him right here from the yard arm?
To the gallows! You can't trust those shifty warlocks! Can't wait to get this underway!

What's this "US" you're talkin' about here, Cartaphilus? You're not in on this mission or the treasure event so far as I can see. If you are...fine. But if you're not you shouldn't be putting in little hints or whatever. If you're not in the game...you're not in the game.

Edit: thank you for editing out your hints. You shoulda joined up for this one...you're very perceptive and might very well have won! Of course I have no idea what we're playing for...so...whatever.
_____________________,

Below is the current list of Bombing Mission participants:

Black Horse
-mejoshee
-Fatman
-DrumsAndBeer
-DrT999
-Fr_Tom
-Timbo
-Puff Daddy
-juanmedusa
-WarlockBob
-nismo270r
-Ozark Wizard
-MichaelM
-fsu92john
-Jevverrett
-kaitlyn3837
-beardedbassguy

Murder Mystery Participants:

-Black Horse
-Fatman
-DrumsAndBeer
-Timbo
-WarlockBob
-nismo270r
-Ozark Wizard
-MichaelM
-fsu92john
-Jevverrett
-kaitlyn3837
-beardedbassguy

Ordinance launched! :) I figured 3 days travel time from the bunker to the kill zone.

Blackhorse, thanks for asking Cart to edit his clues before anyone else read them!  We wouldn't want EVERYONE to have an advantage.  And you, of course, will have your memory wiped :roll:
Just kidding.  What are the odds of Cart being right afterall.

Battle Bat is loaded up and ready to flap :bom:

Well, lady and gentlemen, we've found it; the Annabel Lee!

submerged_pirate_ship-wallpaper-1920x1080.jpg

Unfortunately, one of our party has been brutally bombed into submission. No doubt the culprit is among us and after the treasure! Greed can motivate even the most noble of us to commit despicable acts. We must remain vigilant. There is a Butcher in our midst!

I am going to conduct an investigation into this butcher's identity. As I discover clues I will divulge them to the rest of you.

Here's how the mystery will proceed:

• I will be releasing clues about the Butcher's identity beginning the 28th of October. Clues will be released at approximately 8:00pm EST.
• Once a participant thinks he has the identity of the Butcher, they will pm me their guess. They may submit their guesses any time prior to 11:59pm on November 1st.
• Each bomber will have one guess only, after which they will be excluded from the reward.
• In the case of multiple correct guesses, the first member that pms me the correct answer will be awarded.
• The Bomber with the correct guess will receive a reward

Just to remind you, the reward this year is the 3rd ever Jones Halloween Pipe! Keeping with the nautical theme, this pipe features a segment of genuine shark spine!! All I have to do is sand and polish the stem and she'll be done! Stay tuned for photos.

As usual questions and comments are welcome. Let me know if any clarification is needed.

Got the llama cart out of the carriage house for the trip into town and throw the ordinance on the out going stage in the morning...