The Official October Offensive!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jevverrett":o8ysn1s8 said:
In for both, although I got smoked faster than fresh penzance last year in the mystery
Yup, I pulled the trigger a bit too soon last time as well. I'm going to get a few more clues before I make the guess this time...

So, would I be right in thinking our target date will be Halloween itself, rather than a week from Friday?

DrT999":6gygw0fb said:
So, would I be right in thinking our target date will be Halloween itself, rather than a week from Friday?
I don't know! Can we do that? Or shall it be the 28th for the target date?

Speak up Leftenant! All thoughts are welcome here, step forward and say your piece! I would hate to incur issues with potentially competing with a murder investigation.

Anyone? This is a forum after all, yes?

Ozark Wizard":yg3jmdso said:
DrT999":yg3jmdso said:
I don't know! Can we do that? Or shall it be the 28th for the target date?

Speak up Leftenant! All thoughts are welcome here, step forward and say your piece! I would hate to incur issues with potentially competing with a murder investigation.

Anyone? This is a forum after all, yes?
I was just thinking that if we wait for orders until the 20th or so, it might be difficult to get in any special ordnance and then get it out by the 26th to arrive on the 28th....

You, Sir, have an excellent point!

RIGHT!

Members on the lists for the bombing as follows:

Fatman, RIP
fsu92john
Blackhorse
Timbo
Warlockbob
Fr_Tom
Drt999
Kaitlyn3837
Dottleman
nismo270r
Drumsandbeer
Jevverrett
And yours truly!

Tell you what. In the interests of maintaining clarity twixt the Bombing and the solving of a murder most foul, orders will be sent on the 19th. Late attendees can still chime in, but be forewarned, target timing is essential for maximum effect, so it would be ideal that ordinance arrives on Friday, the 28th.

Let's win this one for the Fatman!

Fatman":xg3wp9lq said:
In, SWMBO is going to rain down vengeance due to my demise at the hand of the Butcher! Or, on the other hand she is dancing down to the bank with the life insurance check.

In for the quest to find the Butcher!
You forgot me on the list.

Fatman":m1d0t127 said:
Fatman":m1d0t127 said:
In, SWMBO is going to rain down vengeance due to my demise at the hand of the Butcher! Or, on the other hand she is dancing down to the bank with the life insurance check.

Ghost riders in the skies................!!

I stand corrected. We will also be joined by the spectre of our dearly departed...... The ultimate in stealth flight! :cheers:

List amended to include the deadly departed Fatman.  
puffy.gif

Ozark Wizard":er3662ow said:
You, Sir, have an excellent point!

RIGHT!

Members on the lists for the bombing as follows:

Fatman, RIP
fsu92john
Blackhorse
Timbo
Warlockbob
Fr_Tom
Drt999
Kaitlyn3837
Dottleman
nismo270r
Drumsandbeer
Jevverrett
And yours truly!

Tell you what. In the interests of maintaining clarity twixt the Bombing and the solving of a murder most foul, orders will be sent on the 19th. Late attendees can still chime in, but be forewarned, target timing is essential for maximum effect, so it would be ideal that ordinance arrives on Friday, the 28th.

Let's win this one for the Fatman!
Works for me! Somebody is gonna get it good! Did fatman have any particular tobacco favorites? It would be pretty awesome if we obliterate the target with some revenge favorites of the departed... Whatcha think?

Woohoo!!!

So far, my list of folks who have so valiantly stepped up to try and discover the identity of the Butcher are as follows -

1.Blackhorse
2.Fatman (may his poor soul rest in peace)
3.kaitlyn3837
4.nismo270r
5.DrumsAndBeer
6.fsu92john
7.Ozark Wizard
8.Jevverrett
9.Timbo
10.Dottleman

I've got plenty of clues to work with, and more than enough to keep you chaps busy for a while! So, pay attention to the thread later today. The first clue could find it's way out into the wild, AND the grand prize for discovering the identity of the Butcher may be revealed!

Who lives? Who dies? Find out on the next episode of Catching a Butcher!

Ozark Wizard":0ktqs55x said:
Fatman":0ktqs55x said:
Fatman":0ktqs55x said:

Ghost riders in the skies................!!

I stand corrected. We will also be joined by the spectre of our dearly departed...... The ultimate in stealth flight! :cheers:
Ha! Now there's an image. .. Fatman in stealth mode!!!

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Folks, it is my great pleasure to announce that the prize for catching the Butcher this year will be, as it has been in the past, a beautiful Halloween-themed pipe made by our own, Jesse Jones! (Ocelot55, for those that are wondering).

I present to you, the Fanged Cutty -

Happy hunting, everyone!!

Ohhhhhhhhh!!!!! YES!

Another Cumberland stem for my collection, SCORE!

*Scrambles to grab Sherlock Holmes type jacket and hat... And orders magnifying glass on Amazon*

And when it was forged, The Ocelot raised it from the dust. "You will be named Talon, smoker of fine leaf, envy of Cuttyland..................."