the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When submitting PinUp art...keep the following in mind:

We would like a "Vintage WWII" look...and fit the theme of the BoB Bombers...so:

It is intended that we will try and convert the image to a BoB Bombers logo - so - small, blurry shots...text already over the top of the image...actual photos of nose art...something seen from an extreme angle...all make it more difficult to use the image the way we would like.

SO - look for illustrations or very clear straight ahead photos...look for clean (no text on top of the figure itself) images...slogans are fine, but not right across the images if at all possible.

The illustrations or photos that we select will be put up for a vote by the squadron. Thanks for your help, and good luck.

Here's a good example of what would work well...the right theme, text away from the figure...semi-tastefull...all good:

sticker-surprise-attack.jpg

Well, I'm in. Its going to be nice to be able to give back to our BoB community.

Hey? why dont they make girls like that anymore? (the pin up girls)
Because I really want one ! LOL

DustyRoundup":rgbwn2pr said:
Because girls today are either starved-to-death-skinny from drugs and rehab (or just succumbing to social guilt) or they're trying to be like the chicks on Jersey Shore. Could you imagine either of those broads on a plane? I doubt they'd inspire much. 8)

Kyle Weiss":3hurmy4s said:
DustyRoundup":3hurmy4s said:
Because girls today are either starved-to-death-skinny from drugs and rehab (or just succumbing to social guilt) or they're trying to be like the chicks on Jersey Shore. Could you imagine either of those broads on a plane? I doubt they'd inspire much. 8)
Might chase away some of the more fickle fighters. . . .

Blackhorse":btzpwm4l said:
And then there's the strawberries! Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that key if they hadn't...if they...um, what movie is this again?
One of my favorite Bogart performances, and I've seen a lot of 'em.

Tattoo line art of pinups might make it easier to switch them around back and forth with different BoB Bomber slogans.

Pulled up a few pinups that we haven't seen yet. Check 'em out:

pinup_10.jpg

pinup_11.jpg

Not sure this one fits the requirements or is really appropriate, but the image is really well done, so here it is!

pinup_12.jpg

Hahaha, nice one, Ub.

Speaking of pin-ups and bomber girl art, when are we getting some original work for BoB Bombers??!?! I absolutely love pin-up girl art (oddly enough) and think it's high time we get some briar-haired girl to grace the Squadron. 8)

Hey now, keep the bottomless stick-figure modern girl smut off BoB. :lol: 8)

...but brilliant original art, by the way.

Major Announcement:

Due to service and their past records of extreme accomplishment I am pleased to announce that two Captains in the BoB Bomber Squadron have received field promotions that have been approved by their Commander (that would be me). They will begin their duties immediately and act as XO or whatever assigned capacity may be required for the successful completion of both long and short term goals.

Formerly:

Captain Lesath - and -

Captain Kyle Weiss.

Now hold the rank of Major.

Congratulations and may your bowls never sour.

Major_insignia.png

smiley_salute.gif
salute_smiley.gif
smiley-face-patriot.gif
smiley_salute.gif
salute_smiley.gif
smiley-face-patriot.gif
smiley_salute.gif
salute_smiley.gif
smiley-face-patriot.gif
smiley_salute.gif
salute_smiley.gif
smiley-face-patriot.gif
smiley_salute.gif
salute_smiley.gif
smiley-face-patriot.gif
smiley_salute.gif
salute_smiley.gif
smiley-face-patriot.gif

I will not fail you.

K7_05.jpg

Unless you give me a Kalinin K-7. Bring on the wudkah!