the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kyle Weiss":91gcydfr said:
smiley_salute.gif
salute_smiley.gif
smiley-face-patriot.gif
smiley_salute.gif
salute_smiley.gif
smiley-face-patriot.gif
smiley_salute.gif
salute_smiley.gif
smiley-face-patriot.gif
smiley_salute.gif
salute_smiley.gif
smiley-face-patriot.gif
smiley_salute.gif
salute_smiley.gif
smiley-face-patriot.gif
smiley_salute.gif
salute_smiley.gif
smiley-face-patriot.gif

I will not fail you.

K7_05.jpg

Unless you give me a Kalinin K-7. Bring on the wudkah!
It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a... flying skyscraper?

WTH ??? is that ?? does it really fly???
Well, i guess I have to google it to find out, because I want to know now.

That thing doesnt look like it can fly, to me .

Blackhorse":ca3o3g4x said:
It's not really that big. That's a midget ground crew.

Billy Bartifski...and cousins.

Actually it looks like one of my son's lego sets lol

By the way, we're now sitting at 26 on the roster. That's an astonishing show for the first couple of days. Keep it up boys! If you think there's another BoB that might want to take part in this, but hasn't signed on yet, you might give him a nudge.

Let's see if I can parse out a list of the current roster:

1. kieveryuu (Captain)
2. Mozjo33 (Captain)
3. Cuervo25 (Captain)
4. Roogles (Captain)
5. Lesath (Major)
6. Rob_In_MO (Captain)
7. s.ireland (Captain)
8. DrT999 (Captain)
9. Kyle Weiss (Major)
10. Taharris (Captain)
11. EC Outlaw (Captain)
12. Dreadgerbil (Captain)
13. tech2576 (Captain)
14. sam a (Captain)
15. DustyRoundup (Captain)
16. MisterE (Captain)
17. BoxerBuddy (Captain)
18. BuckeyeBoy34 (Captain)
19. Tim_Haggerty (Captain)
20. jefe1037 (Captain)
21. kaiser83 (Captain)
22. George Kaplan (Captain)
23. UberHuberMan (Captain)
24. SPUD 15 (Captain)
25. Dave_In_Philly (Captain)
26. Natch (Captain)
27. i keenum (Captain)
28. Blackhorse (Commander)

OK - there it is. The Merry Pranksters.

Natch...etc.

Since we don't seem to have a bunch of die hard READERS around here, I'll repost the following so you won't have to go to the trouble of clicking on the first page...ahem...

How to be Involved in Round Two of the Bob Bomber Hi-Jinks:

1. Send Blackhorse a PM saying you want to do Round Two...it's just that simple!

2. There isn't any number two...all you have to do is PM Blackhorse.

3. Did I mention PM'ing Blackhorse? Okay. Nuff said.

Basic BoB Bomber Guidelines (now for the fine print):

1. This Bob Bomber thing was always intended to be a long term situation...a monthly thing. So when you sign up you're essentially saying that you agree to part of a long term hitch...in essence, ON the duty roster until you formally request to be transferred out of the squadron.

2. You also are agreeing to accept mission assignments from the Squadron Commander. That would be ME. It is my intention, on a monthly basis, to throw some kind of monkey wrench into the works...just to bring home the sordid fact of life that NO ONE is safe and life isn't always FAIR. So aspects of targeting and secrecy and whatnot are decided, using input from any and all concerned, by the Central Command.

3. By signing up you acknowledge that you have exactly the same rights and privilages as the bomber pilots to which you pretend...in other words, none whatsoever. lol Just funnin' with y'all there. Actually, your rights and privilages are many and varied...and I'll certainly get back to you on that, as soon as I can think up what they might be.

4. Above all, you agree to take part in this semi-official activity of BoB in the spirit in which it was conceived, designed and implemented. This is a vehicle by which we honor service, reward good acts, welcome new recruits, etc., etc., etc. As such...and this should be obvious...we expect a certain standard of behavior...in other words verbal fragging is not allowed, and may lead to formal charges and a summary court marshal. Also, being a pain in the ass is also disallowed. I'm only really saying this so bluntly so that Kyle knows he can't get away with his typical character assassinations, etc.

Just so you all know...during the actual mission last time, three additional pilots requested to sign on to the squadron. I asked them to PM me during the set-up for the second round...that time is now...so go ahead.

And so...the rest of you as well:

If after seeing how the first month's event played out and reading the above, you want to re-enlist for a 'regular tour of duty' as a member of the BoB Bombers...what did I tell you to do again?

PM Me!

Had a few minutes to sketch a bit this evening and wondered if this direction agrees with anyone else?

Do keep in mind that this is a quick and rough sketch.

Welcome aboard to the New Recruits

DustyRoundup (Captain)
BuckeyeBoy34 (Captain)
Tim_Haggerty (Captain)
kaiser83 (Captain)
SPUD 15 (Captain)
Dave_In_Philly (Captain)

This is your first live fire mission. God be with you.

Just went back to the rd 1 list of Bombers, and I am impressed by the NEW names on the list, and am curious about some that haven't heard the sirens going off yet.

A solemn bugler plays for Guitarmyfriend, Missing in Action, assumed taken by the enemy and undermining from the inside.

PS: I understand taking a month off, so I am not trying to guilt trip the others. Just happy for those of us who survived the mission... And if you were wanting to be in on round 2, then why are you reading this instead of PMing the Commander?

MisterE":7lffxoqz said:
Hey Kiever, I love that sketch!! Very 'Toon meets Hentai! ;)
Thank you. Was shooting for something similar in style to that of Bruce Timm or Gil Shane. I like the style for this sort of application as it can be turned into vector artwork very easily. Vector, for those who do not know, is math based line art which can be scaled large and maintain its sharpness. This has compared to pixel based images (such as jpegs etc) which are of a fixed resolution.

Just a first go around.

K -

(ooh...just had a MIB flash there)

OK...I'm back. I think the text would be better with the title over the top and the slogun beneath. Doing it on a diagonal slant could also work, but I guess only if the graphic played that way too. Verval doesn't do well with this. I'll post some other examples tomorrow...but they likely won't be better than the way you laid out the lettering.

Other than that, as a good half of my life was spent in art classes it seems & a lot of them making us buy lots of expensive pencils...and then teaching those same classes...and being in charge of advertising design and printing for 10 years...I gotta say - you really piss me off! I'd love to have half your talent! Glad you're here to help us for sure.

Looks like I better hurry and pick an image or I'll be left in the chalk dust!

Kiev, I like the image, props and positioning, but her eyes smack of Disney for some reason. Plus, I'm much more a fan of the traditional garb or militaria clothing rather than sci-fi lingerie. I'm being a total snob, as what I'd come up with artistically would end up looking like Cthulhu in a thong and a bomber jacket, FWIW.

8)

Thinkin' that the bomb should be an aerial bomb...like the idea of vintage garb as well.

Here's a few that I came up with...the first is vintage, the next is not.

x_91c89c47.jpg

This is fairly modern, but I liked the lettering ideas.

514_400x400_Peel.png

This is interesting!

-7561801906603055160.jpg

OOOHHH YEAH !!!!! I like that Surprise attack girl !!!!! Boots and a hat, on a GAL always get my attention.
But then again??? Anything on a Gal gets my attention :roll:

So, Kiever's drawing "definitely" is good as far as I'm concerned.
And I think its all the better , beings it was actually made by a member here.

Blackhorse":do1tacpw said:
OK gentlemen...we are now hovering at 28. The roster directly above has been ammended to reflect the new and/or returning 'Merry Pranksters'.
How is Kyle a Major???? haha